Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Transfer sheets and the MK3&4 boxes are direct only. The 20 man boxes are $80
Kratos tank is $125
Deimos is $47
Weapon boxes are $42
Books are $70
And the box is $299

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

AnEdgelord posted:

the Books are a lot more than I thought they would be
Those books are fuckhueg, going off the HamCom post from yesterday, all three are 1032 pages in total.

I was chatting with some gaming buds that I kinda want to see the OG black books, red books, then the three 2.0 books all on one shelf to see how much of a log that is.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Use my Xiphon to make sure that the Storm Eagle my buddy just painted never gets to do anything other than crash.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I really love the look of the new beakies but all of my favorite legions seem to explicitly hate MKVI armor in the fluff lol. Iron Warriors, Death Guard, and World Eaters just look wrong in it.

Forgeworld seems to agree, given the general trend of the MkVI head sets.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Gato The Elder posted:

Are Volkite weapons at least decent in the new edition? They look cool as hell and, being war crime weapons from the Dark Age of Technology, seem appropriate for Dark Angels.

As long as they aren't prohibitively expensive (Destroyers double-fisting Serpenta), they seem like a pretty good upgrade over bolters.

I'm debating real hard if I want to actually do a Destroyer unit with Serpenta and also the two units of Breachers I never finished with Chargers.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

For Dark Angels jams, you're gonna want 9. There is gently caress all substance in 6. They get a two color plates in a campaign section that they happened to be in and some rules (mostly Rites of War) to tide people over since they were going to have to wait two more books to actually get something.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Yvonmukluk posted:

I got two Axe Praetors in mine and no Sword Praetor, but I have gone and ordered a second box so I guess in the grand scheme of things it's fine.
Knowing my luck, I'll get your second Sword guy. He's _fine_, but that Axe dude is :discourse:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I'm kinda surprised they didn't go HAM with optional pieces for the Praetors since they have to cover 18 Legions.

Guess this way they sell more kits when you want to give Malibu Torgaddon a new hat.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Are we finally gonna find out what a Helical Targetting Array looks like or am I confusing that with a different piece of dreadnought wargear?

#RIP Atomantic Pavise

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

BirdieBedtime posted:

Somebody was wondering what all of the Heresy books would look like on a shelf. Well, I got you*.

*Red books for Mechanicum and Auxilia not included.

LOL, thanks dude!

Goddamn, they cannot match spines to save their lives.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Having checked lists for RTTs back in the day where the only builder software available was Lone Wolf's classic jam... it is shocking how bad a large percentage of people are at supposedly basic math.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Asscan and Cyclones are probably about 50-50 in terms of popularity. Asscan isn’t near as hot as it was when that kit was new.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

The 40k Boarding Assault upgrade kit has a whopping two Lascutters in it.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Why are different Primarchs more expensive than others? :psyduck:

Alpharius is £91, Horus is £79? Angron is £73.50, Magnus is £98???

That is pretty much the release order. I'm sure they have all had price adjustments, but applied to all of them rather than equalizing.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I had two resin Spartans I wanted to finish before I got the AoD box and had a plastic one tempting me.

I sawed off the feed gates!

But I have stayed strong and not done poo poo with the plastic one, so maaaaaaybe I can keep that part of the promise to myself.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Small makes it a super-easy resin kit as well. Even if you are burning through moulds in like 10-15 pulls it will still be way cheaper than even aluminium dies.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Red lascannon flash suppressors (or whatever the hell the ends are) would be fun and Rogue Trader-y.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

BEHOLD MY 900 FIGURES IN TROOPS THAT I CAN'T EVEN DEPLOY ALL AT ONCE.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Ristolaz posted:

lol I thought of that too. 40 points for 20 guys huh

I mean, it isn't like I have been emailing and texting buddies that have IG/Lost and the Damned/whatever armies asking 'roughly how many l'il mans do you have assembled and painted?' to possibly do a game with MAX MANS for shits n' giggles.

Nope, not me.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

...and on a 4+... (clatter, clatter) THEY ARE BACK.

e: Vehicles with pintle/defensive weapons and/or sponsons that have different targets in their arcs can split, but like a Heavy Support squad with heavy bolters just has to dump them all in one unit.

Robert Facepalmer fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 18, 2023

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I have a gut feeling that Warhounds are in the launch box and Dire Wolves are being done in plastic because Warhound-class titans are the most likely ones to be seen unless you are playing an absolutely fuckhueg game and Reavers+ become legal/viable.

Love to be proven wrong and I can have a Warlord or a Warmaster eat faces from the word go!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Bullbar posted:

Mostly because I was excited for Legions Imperialis I think and couldn't wait.

Well...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

It has been pushed back to 'a little later in the year', which certainly is open to interpretation.

Hey, now you have more time to paint the AoD box stuff!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

My favorite part about redesigning the OG armor marks is that Mk II and III helmets were fixed in place, like an old-timey diving helmet, or I guess like a spacesuit.

I kinda wish they had leaned into that and had larg bois that have no idea what the gently caress is going on unless it is in front of them.

I also wish that the different armor marks made more of a difference, like Cataphractii/Tartaros/Indomitus, but I can only imagine the headache that 'balancing' a unit that could be modified by Rite of War, Legion, armor version, and character rules would be.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Good news!

https://www.walthers.com/rivets-round-head-plastic-063-quot-diameter-pkg-100

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Safety Factor posted:

It's still no match for the resin sculpt's sheer style. That's one kit I hope they keep around.
The command unit has been gone for a while now. I am surprised that Aevos Jovan has stuck around as long as he has but I guess he doesn't sell that well, being a special character. I wonder if they will bring back MaSade or if they will even do any new special characters?...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Go for fun. They are gonna get killed either by a Marine character they have no chance against or something like a Xiphon that doesn't have anything better to shoot at.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Yeah.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Is there a part code on the bag o' bases? (long-rear end number probably starting with 9939) Wouldn't be the first time they hosed packing something up despite what the mould sheet says to put in the box.

Feels like 25s are getting rarer these days, might be consolidating down to a few groupings that work with various codes 'close enough'.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Centurions don't have Retinue since they don't have Master of the Legion, of which Retinue is a sub-rule.

Centurions that are upgraded to Delegatus get MotL, so they can take a command squad, and I think there might be like one or two other Consuls that get MotL, but they aren't coming to mind at the moment. In general, Centurions and Consuls don't have access to command squads.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Company Command Squads attach to Centurions and Optae only. The article mentioned Consuls this morning, but that phrase is gone now, which is classic HamCom rules for ya.

I am all for having options, but a Ld9 standard doesn't feel like enough to take it over a Veteran Squad that can take all kinds of goodies and don't mind pallin' around with Consul weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

They could just do some kind of rando preview event like bringing back the Weekenders. (please bring back the Weekenders.)