Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
were there any knight houses closely associated with the blood angels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
I appreciate it!

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
what miniatures do you guys use for militia? what im looking for are the ability to swap out bits (so not one solid mold) with other bits, and stuff that may not be immediately recognizable as a historical figurine.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
I picked up a sisters of battle Palatine to turn into a imperialis militia warlord HQ. Anyone have any advice on making it seem less sisterly? I'm gonna chop off all the fleur de lis and Inquisition symbols(the weird rosary I'm planning to turn into a chain attachment to a melta bomb) but does anyone have any ideas as to what to do with the weird knight helmet they have? should I switch it out for a shaved down SM helmet to imitate power armor or a guard helmet of some sort? I don't have greenstuff, only milliput at this point so I'm kind of out of luck in terms of sculpting because in my experience milliput is better for larger scale stuff.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
Unsure if fits here, but I just recently put together a Vehicle Design Ruleset for Horus Heresy Imperialis Militia! I really liked 3E's VDR and felt that the IM had too few vehicles to represent the breadth and width of the amount of equipment that might be used in a non standardized army, particularly vehicles.

If anyones interested I would love critique through the email inside the doc, currently I think the main issues are formatting, wording, and points costs.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YA9LxvPrKLFUHkJPQPYsA_TIJ65CvRf9mZzIPGG8ZP8/edit?usp=sharing
LMk if off topic for thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022

ijyt posted:

I know why they don't do it from a logistics POV but exploring the more esoteric aspects of having a galaxy-spanning empire is sorely lacking in the game right now. The siege vehicle descriptions during the siege of Vervunhive in Gaunt's Ghosts is the kinda stuff I imagine for heresy.

absolutely! Especially for militia, these are a bunch of guys that range from maybe profesionally trained planetary defense forces to a bunch of guys who've grabbed shotguns when the warmaster came down and strapped guns to their tractors. Sure, some planets might have the leman russ, but a lot of guys are gonna have barely maintained tanks from the last war 30 years ago, or like i put in the example section, a truck with a missile pod strapped to it.
I'm glad you liked it, and I hope I do make some IRL horus heresy friends that would be interested in using the rules for a friendly campaign.