Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The new season of Kids In The Hall begin with Paul Bellini (towel guy) unearthing the Kids and breaking the 4th wall to tell us that glumly that we asked for this.
I for one am humbled and ashamed, this is sad.
Even if you just have to see some 60 year old cocks, I've been told better places exist.

There's this german series called Dark which has a terrific first season, a scratched thin second and a third one opening on what may well be a gently caress you to the audience.

Biggest disappointments I've had recently outside of politics, post your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So your disappointment is that you turned Dracula? that sucks.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

One time I opened a pack of instant noodles and there were no flavour sachets.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tiggum posted:

One time I opened a pack of instant noodles and there were no flavour sachets.

(hug)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once Saw it more on a lark than anything and was still disappointed. Movie felt like it was directed by some Zoomer with an attention disorder who spent all day on reddit reading the dankest of memes and sparknotes of Nietzsche. It's examination of Nihilism and the Asian American experience are both totally surface level, and any deeper themes they could've added are excised in favor of more "Hilarious" butt plug kung fu and hot dog fingers.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i had a dream last night that i found some jaffa cakes in the kitchen but then i woke up and there were not in fact any more jaffa cakes in the kitchen

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

By popular demand posted:

So your disappointment is that you turned Dracula? that sucks.

Turning Dracula is never a disappointment

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Angepain posted:

i had a dream last night that i found some jaffa cakes in the kitchen but then i woke up and there were not in fact any more jaffa cakes in the kitchen

Ahh don't scare me like that!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Under Siege 2- Dark Territory.

I wasn't expecting much from a Seagal movie but I was still disappointed, Steven Seagal was given a lot of creative control and it shows: Seagal has lots more screen time than in the original.
I got nothing against Eric Bogosian but his Badguy can't come close to the combined crazy of Gary Busey and Tommy Lee Jones.

also if you want to feel sick go read about Seagal's behavior behind the scenes, Guy's a real class act.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Fenugreek greens.
They were easy to grow but I didn't find the taste any better than the seeds.:barf:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I have no expectations so I'm never disappointed

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That may be smart but now I'm disappointed in you.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

These "Flamin' Hot Cheese Supreme" corn chips are a little hot but not particularly cheesy. I only bought them because they didn't have the regular cheese flavour, which is much cheesier than these.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
If you're disappointed it's only because your expectations are unrealistically high.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofA6YWVTURU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have a recurring dream where I find out that all my dead pets from over the years are alive and well and they all missed me just as much as I missed them and they want to play forever

I'm disappointed when I wake up most days, but those mornings are particularly rough

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

These "Flamin' Hot Cheese Supreme" corn chips are a little hot but not particularly cheesy. I only bought them because they didn't have the regular cheese flavour, which is much cheesier than these.

This is nothing compared to the betrayal I feel Everytime I cannot find Salsa Verde Doritos in the store

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Metro 2035

From the super depressing but kinda cool metro 2033 to basically M. Night Shyamalans the village.

Seriously, it actively tried to make everything neat about the prior books not matter:
All those cool things from the first book like them listening to the submarines and tanks left over slowly going quiet? Government fabrication.
The cool dudes from Sparta? Knew about it, retroactively making them dicks.
The dangerous outdoors that were inhospitable to human life? Only in Moscow, everywhere else is basically sweet. The government was just hiding it.
Just... meh

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
my jar of 505 hatch chile sauce started to go moldy. i was looking forward to putting it on some tamales, but i had to eat them dry instead. not very satisfying

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I ffeel you.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

As somebody currently sitting in front of a freshly opened container of baba ghanouj and a mouldy bag of pita bread, I know you and I see you

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

nothing worse than moldy bread, it's not just disappointment in the bread it's disappointing your self by letting it get this way.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Oh god that sinking feeling when you realize, a couple of days too late, that “oh my gently caress I’ve got some naan”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I was having a delicious breakfast of Weetabix Chocolate Chip Minis with my morning antidepressants. After quickly swallowing a citalopram i felt a leftover choc chip in my mouth and bit down, anticipating the perfectly adequate chocolatey taste I have come to expect from the popular breakfast cereal. In fact I had actually just swallowed a leftover choc chip and instead bit straight into the still-present citalopram, crumbling it up and making me fully experience how it actually tastes for the first time. Turns out: bad.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's why you should always just gulp down you meds with some water, if you're making a meal of it you will taste the bitterness.
Though I hear people who get to the point they need to down a fistful of pills every day often grind them into a shake.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Ive been to Paradise, but I have never been to Me.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I'm not a huge star wars fan, but the hype leading up to the Phantom Menace vs. The actual product might be the biggest disappointment in film history.

Phantom Menace is better than at least 2 other films (AotC, RoS) in the series, but the gulf between expectation and delivery was immense.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I think my friend group had all seen TPM in the theater about three times before we started discussing what a giant stupid mess it was. We unanimously agreed Darth Maul ruled, of course. Still disappointed he didn't come back with robot legs or a hover-diaper like that one guy in Jedi Knight.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I'm not a huge star wars fan, but the hype leading up to the Phantom Menace vs. The actual product might be the biggest disappointment in film history.

Phantom Menace is better than at least 2 other films (AotC, RoS) in the series, but the gulf between expectation and delivery was immense.

This, but for the sequel trilogy. The prequels were at least novel.

Kamikaze warp is my darth maul in that it salvages a very confused film.

Gaius Marius posted:

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once Saw it more on a lark than anything and was still disappointed. Movie felt like it was directed by some Zoomer with an attention disorder who spent all day on reddit reading the dankest of memes and sparknotes of Nietzsche. It's examination of Nihilism and the Asian American experience are both totally surface level, and any deeper themes they could've added are excised in favor of more "Hilarious" butt plug kung fu and hot dog fingers.

seeing michelle yeoh in a film and finding out that her kung fu sequences are both quality and involve buttplugs is high cinema in point of fact

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Ohtori Akio posted:

This, but for the sequel trilogy. The prequels were at least novel.

Kamikaze warp is my darth maul in that it salvages a very confused film.

I don't really disagree about the novelty, but the sequels were less of a disappointment because everyone was much more aware that they could just be crap.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I don't really disagree about the novelty, but the sequels were less of a disappointment because everyone was much more aware that they could just be crap.

I guess I'm young for a goon, so the disappointment was not as keenly felt at the time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Under Siege 2- Dark Territory.

I wasn't expecting much from a Seagal movie but I was still disappointed, Steven Seagal was given a lot of creative control and it shows: Seagal has lots more screen time than in the original.
I got nothing against Eric Bogosian but his Badguy can't come close to the combined crazy of Gary Busey and Tommy Lee Jones.

also if you want to feel sick go read about Seagal's behavior behind the scenes, Guy's a real class act.

I've never seen the first one, and only remember BOOBS from the sequel. :allears:

I'd say Speed 2: Cruise Control was a disappointment, and maybe it was, but I got (willingly) felt up in the theatre by my gf at the time, so I really have no memory of it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I couldn't decide what to have for dinner; nothing was particularly appealing. Then I found a dumpling place that, unlike all the others in this area, doesn't make you order enough for two people at minimum, and I decided that sounded good. So I placed my order. Delivery was estimated for 40-60 minutes so I waited. And when it finally arrived, it was the wrong food. So I ran out and grabbed the driver and handed it back, and he said he'd get it sorted out. Ten minutes later the website marked my order as complete, so I contacted them to see what was happening. And they told me they couldn't get the order fixed (even though the restaurant still seemed to be open) and had to just give me a refund. But I used a one-time discount code on that order, which they didn't replace, so it'd be twice the price if I re-ordered. And I'm back to not finding anything I've got (or could get) appealing. So I'm having vodka and sadness for dinner.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I dislike being hungry so I feel your pain friend. The only sooths I can suggest is video games and masturbation, both of which can luckily be had without depending on poorly run establishments.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

video games... can luckily be had without depending on poorly run establishments.

i have some bad news for you

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You'll have to wrest the 'best of RPG games 2000' collection I got from that russian pirated software shop from my cold dead hands.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tiggum posted:

I couldn't decide what to have for dinner; nothing was particularly appealing. Then I found a dumpling place that, unlike all the others in this area, doesn't make you order enough for two people at minimum, and I decided that sounded good. So I placed my order. Delivery was estimated for 40-60 minutes so I waited. And when it finally arrived, it was the wrong food. So I ran out and grabbed the driver and handed it back, and he said he'd get it sorted out. Ten minutes later the website marked my order as complete, so I contacted them to see what was happening. And they told me they couldn't get the order fixed (even though the restaurant still seemed to be open) and had to just give me a refund. But I used a one-time discount code on that order, which they didn't replace, so it'd be twice the price if I re-ordered. And I'm back to not finding anything I've got (or could get) appealing. So I'm having vodka and sadness for dinner.

One time someone delivered my food to the wrong address and when i tried to contact them i was ignored and i had to request a refund. That restaurant actually was closed by that time and i didn't want what was still open so i just ate cereal or something and it was v sad. Stupid house numbers that are almost exactly the same! I also have had packages go to the wrong house before.