Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm pretty sure full size snickers bars are smaller now than they used to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This reminds me that I'm disappointed by so many American snacks being dominated by peanuts.
Peanuts are ok onc in a while but I can't base my serious snack nights around them!

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
this forum for this thread

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just cut myself shaving so I'm rather disappointed in myself.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I just bought a bag of Chex Mix for the first time in a long while and it's like 90% Chex. Either I got a bad batch, or they have greatly reduced the amount of pretzels and rye chips in the mix. Criminal.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I bought a 3DS on release in anticipation for Mega Man Legends 3. MML3, of course, got canceled, and the 3DS itself had basically zero intriguing games for a couple of years after release.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rockman Reserve posted:

I bought a 3DS on release in anticipation for Mega Man Legends 3. MML3, of course, got canceled, and the 3DS itself had basically zero intriguing games for a couple of years after release.

At least you have Red Ash to look forward to.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Got a King's Hawaiian chicken sandwich from Carl's Jr. It was only the size of a normal King's Hawaiian roll.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Maybe it gets better, but I tried Abbott Elementary and it was just alright.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

On the day the Choco Taco's demise was announced, their website still had a product locator. The only one in my city was at a trucket gas station. I made the 15-minute drive. There was no Choco Taco in the freezer.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The first time I tried a poptart toasted. Growing up and all the way into college, I ate them right out of the package but my roommates said they were so much better warm. They aren't.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The first time I tried a poptart toasted. Growing up and all the way into college, I ate them right out of the package but my roommates said they were so much better warm. They aren't.

In my experience, it really depends on the pop tart. S'mores are better toasted for sure, imho.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

YeahTubaMike posted:

In my experience, it really depends on the pop tart. S'mores are better toasted for sure, imho.

I'm not sure if I ever had the smores one. Brown sugar cinnamon is definitely better untoasted though, that's the one I feel most strongly about.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I keep trying to read books and losing interest. Am I too stupid? Or are books bad? Or both!?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tree Bucket posted:

I keep trying to read books and losing interest. Am I too stupid? Or are books bad? Or both!?

A lot of books are bad. Maybe you're reading the wrong ones.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hhm. I'm going to stick this thread and see if it becomes fun or annoying.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm pretty sure full size snickers bars are smaller now than they used to be

I firmly believe this and it is the biggest type of BULLSHIT society imposes on us

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Tree Bucket posted:

You might be growing out of previous bad taste, lots of people find that the stuff they found "fresh and incisive" as a teen is actually pretty bad when read with more understanding of life.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

I thought we had raspberry jam in the fridge and was really excited for toast and butter and jam but it had gone mouldy all the way down into the jar :(

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Yesterday while grocery shopping I picked up a type of muskmelon I've not previously tried, a variety called "Golden Hami". It's ripe, it's edible and I'll finish the thing, but there's not a lot of flavor to it. Just a golden shell full of disappointment melon.

I expected more for six bucks. :(

Meaty Ore has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Sep 20, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm not sure if I ever had the smores one. Brown sugar cinnamon is definitely better untoasted though, that's the one I feel most strongly about.

I loved S'mores pop tarts until I ate too many (or ate them when I was sick, I don't remember) & puked. Then it became associated with puke forever.

CuriousSymptoms posted:

I thought we had raspberry jam in the fridge and was really excited for toast and butter and jam but it had gone mouldy all the way down into the jar :(

About a week ago, I tried to make teriyaki chicken for dinner and it turned out kind of meh but still edible, so I figured I just needed some practice. I went to sleep and when I woke up, I had a pretty severe stomachache & nauseated feeling. When I went to investigate the possible food poisoning I had given myself, I found that the soy sauce I'd used to make the sauce (which I got out of the cabinet, for the record) had an expiration/"sell by" date of November 2020.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Someone at my leftover slices of pizza. That was lunch for today!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Beastie posted:

Once, at my last job, someone had brought a box of leftover pizza in for lunch and had stashed it in the break-room fridge. Someone else ate it all and left the box in the fridge -- with the uneaten crusts still inside.

This is relevant to the thread because hearing about it made me the most angry and disappointed in humanity I've ever been for anything that wasn't actually a violent crime, because what the gently caress? What the gently caress?!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

By popular demand posted:

You might be growing out of previous bad taste, lots of people find that the stuff they found "fresh and incisive" as a teen is actually pretty bad when read with more understanding of life.

I used to love sci fi, and then I noticed that no one in those books ever looks at the stars, and now I can't un notice it

Beastie posted:

No. NO

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Currently disappointed that lovely phone reception is making it difficult for me to watch the adam friedland show instead of working

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

I used to love sci fi, and then I noticed that no one in those books ever looks at the stars, and now I can't un notice it
What do you mean? What situations are you referring to where it would make sense for characters to explicitly look at stars but they don't?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My biggest disappointment is Hooters.

Growing up outside of America, you get the idea that Hooters is a magical land, peopled only with boobs and arses, and beer and fun fun times.

Then I visited America, and excitedly went to a Hooters. Only to discover a sad place, peopled by sadder customers who are served by even sadder girls forced to plaster on a smile whilst wearing uncomfortable uniforms, (that I later learned they have to buy with their own money), and performatively flirt with the middle aged pervs that pay inflated prices for mediocre wings and beer in big glass mugs, for what most of the world would consider slave wages.

It is profoundly sad.

Also to add to the disappointment of that first ever visit to Hooters, as it was my first time in America, I asked the waitress for an American beer. She offered me a Heineken. (For those unaware, Heineken bottles literally have "Brewed in Holland" on the label.)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

While it's always depressing to hear about boobs in a sad place I am not surprised, whoever came up with the idea for those restaurants definitely knew how sad men work and how to monetise that.
For the record I only want boobs to be in happy places, free to bounce around and enjoy the fresh air.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

it's always depressing to hear about boobs in a sad place

This is a delightful series of words to say out loud. I've been repeating it in different voices and having a nice time

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dragonfruit. It looks like it should taste incredible and give you superpowers or something, but instead it's just kind of like a really bland kiwi

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

flavor.flv posted:

Dragonfruit. It looks like it should taste incredible and give you superpowers or something, but instead it's just kind of like a really bland kiwi

You've had bad dragonfruit then. That stuff is hella tasty.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Inceltown posted:

You've had bad dragonfruit

As opposed to Bad Dragon fruit, which mostly just tastes like silicone

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I think you can get flavoured eggs for their ovipositor lines.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
The final 12 minutes of 10 Cloverfield Lane

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Inceltown posted:

You've had bad dragonfruit then. That stuff is hella tasty.

Yeah, it reminds me of a nice mild melon

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Final Fantasy VII

Growing up, all of my friends told me how amazing it was. When I finally got a chance to play it, it felt pretty meh. I was a big FFVI fan, so the change in aesthetics was a turn off for me. Plus, Cloud sucks compared to Terra.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I could never get into that game, both the art style and the writing just felt stupid edgy.
FF6 had a really nice plot and characters and didn't feel like it was trying too hard.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yesterday I visited the big annual book fair here in town, the first one I went to after the pandemic. One of the things I had been looking forward to purchasing was the next volume in the Swedish MAD Magazine collections, where they were reprinting the entire run from its start in 1960, having picked up one or two per year in the years before the pandemic. They were really nice collections, with stories about the Swedish publications and bonus material and so. The last one I had gotten before the pandemic was the seventh book, which reached the end of 1965. But when I asked about it in the booth of the company that had been publishing them, I learned that it had not continued after that, due to them no longer having any contract wth EC Comics. The guy I talked to turned out to even have been the one who had headed the project, and he was disappointed about it as well, so they had definitely planned on continuing it.

So now I'm very sad about MAD.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Once again, Australia Post has decided it's too much effort to bother delivering parcels and is keeping them at the post office for me to go and pick up (which completely defeats the point of having them delivered in the first place) and, this time, they also seem to have decided that leaving a card, lying about having "attempted delivery", was too much effort as well so I only found out when I checked the tracking information because they seemed to be taking longer than expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I could never get into that game, both the art style and the writing just felt stupid edgy.
FF6 had a really nice plot and characters and didn't feel like it was trying too hard.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel about both.