Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
cool beans

havent had good xlb in a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Deviant posted:

these are the steves i know i know
these are the steves i know
This is Steven King
You mighta read some books he wrote
This is guy is Steve Jobs
Giving his feet a terlet soak

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
you go with the steves you got, not the steves you want

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Deviant posted:

these are the steves i know i know
these are the steves i know

steve harvey, i hardly know him.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I can’t believe how many goons know Brucie’s album this well

thank god for No MP3s Here, really expanded my musical horizons

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

good nap! oh would you look at that, it's time for lunch

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it’s time to go home!!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Enderzero posted:

ed: oh… brucie’s not bucees

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

never been to a bucees. sounds like the costco of gas stations

and also where all the swingers congregate

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its just a big gas station. theyre interchangeable.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Wawa why don't you cry about it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

costco also has their own gas stations at certain locations

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Enderzero posted:

Yeah we're all old nerds it's not a shocker

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

dioxazine posted:

costco also has their own gas stations at certain locations

yeah and i'm super annoyed the one by my house doesnt have one

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

betty boof posted:

honestly, I didn't pay KITH a lot of attention during summer re-runs when I should have because now I love over half the cast more than most other comedians.
I still listen to Shame Based Man at least once a year if only for Daddy's on the Drink Again.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Eeyo posted:

never been to a bucees. sounds like the costco of gas stations

and also where all the swingers congregate

costco sells gas here lol. it's almost always a pretty long wait

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the trick is to arrive as soon as they open, but that may not work for a lot of people

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

the one near here is super empty when i go about 45 min before closing. after i leave the store there'll be two or three people getting gas, tops

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cls: made my first costco purchase but it was online :smith:
It's a monitor that ran $100 cheaper than I thought it would. At least I got to see it in action in the warehouse :shobon:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

they are kept better than most gas stations

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

cls: made my first costco purchase but it was online :smith:
It's a monitor that ran $100 cheaper than I thought it would. At least I got to see it in action in the warehouse :shobon:

the one in shanghai is really nice, you should check it out sometime!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

dioxazine posted:

the one in shanghai is really nice, you should check it out sometime!

I got overwhelmed while walking around the store in America because it was full of Americans. Do your Costco stores have that problem?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

americans are generally nice people, i think

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

you're right, I was mostly overwhelmed by the amount of them in every corner of the warehouse. It was difficult to navigate around

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i think costco is generally just a crush of humanity no matter where you go!

the savings are through the roof! also i like their meat selection

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

They had some pretty decent steak combo deals but the deli had a lot of really tasty looking pre-made meals that you just had to heat up and lemme tell you that spoke to my lazy side like nothing else.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

betty boof posted:

oh I know, but a little known singular album from a Canadian sketch guy is pretty obscure even for nerds like us. glad it has gained such purchase with so many!

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

you're right, I was mostly overwhelmed by the amount of them in every corner of the warehouse. It was difficult to navigate around

yeah that’s why i only go a bit before closing. i couldn’t handle a packed costco that would be hell

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

a while back i went and there was a whole family there, each member which had their own mobility scooter. like mother and father, plus two teenagers and an 8 yo. they were all morbidly obese as well, including the kids it was dire.

they were hanging out near the aisle discussing what to buy next

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i never found costco meat prices to be that great. Just kinda the same as safeway.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

rotor posted:

i never found costco meat prices to be that great. Just kinda the same as safeway.

yeah they have good meat, but never a value. I get meat from grocery stores and choose recipes based on what’s on sale. today I got decent salmon for $9/lb on sale from $13. the local fancy place always keeps it at about $18 and never has sales.

you know what you’re getting but ya gonna pay for it from Costco

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fancy salmon..

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

some stuff it’s great prices for (babybell cheese for my boy), others it’s actually expensive (apples and produce).

i can get more variety of better apples at better prices at the closest produce/euro/misc international grocery near me. like they’ll often have apples $1 a pound on sale, $2 or less for most other varieties normally.

costco is usually much more expensive and they’re decent apples, just trending towards like organic honeycrisp and that kinda thing for $$$

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

dioxazine posted:

fancy salmon..
that’s right. skin on, grilled on high skin down til its parched and almost bubbling, then flipped and finished to the 120s with a therma pen. a little salt and pepper, a touch of lemon to finish and, baby, you’ve got a metaphorical stew going.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Costco has great deals on certain things, and a guaranteed level of quality that’s comforting, it’s just not the best for meat, is all.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i buy allergy medicine only for costco and it pays for my membership whenever i buy it, which is every other year

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i buy allergy medicine only for costco and it pays for my membership whenever i buy it, which is every other year

I’ve literally had friends request that and only that when I go sometimes

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i’d describe it as almost fancy food at mid-market prices. like you go there to get goofy poo poo like those japanese fish shaped desserts, plus the handful of things they deliberately keep cheap.

like the mixed nuts they sell, best i’ve found and great price. it’s colonialism-in-a-bag.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Eeyo posted:

i’d describe it as almost fancy food at mid-market prices. like you go there to get goofy poo poo like those japanese fish shaped desserts, plus the handful of things they deliberately keep cheap.

like the mixed nuts they sell, best i’ve found and great price. it’s colonialism-in-a-bag.

pretty much, with a note that the mid market prices have a high variance. some poo poo is crazy cheap, some stuff is a touch over priced but most are near the mean - and at slightly high quality than mid market, as you said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i think i already told you this when it happened but i got a 1000 count bottle of levocetirizine on amazon last year for iirc around a hundo, it's gonna take me a few years to get through it lol

also the bottle is loving huge and the pills are normal generic levocetirizine sized, it's kinda funny