Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cls: ugh i think i got a uti somehow. going to the doc this morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

worst snipe since <insert failed assassination here>

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush posted:

they had a bring-kids-to-work day with a petting zoo at the university a while back and i went over to pet the chickens, and the operators literally surrounded me and told me to leave bc i wasn't allowed to be there without a child of my own.

it's not enough that they insist everything be safe for children, now they're insisting everyone has to be children :argh:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

graph posted:

lol :cripes:

i hope this is an upgrade ?

call it a lateral move

mystes
May 31, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

my wife is still doing the pandemic style trying to avoid going to Costco more than every three weeks, even though we live around the corner from one. she can’t articulate why she maintains the books that way and I suspect it may be wisdom. their French loaves and baguettes are great and I would be diabetic in a month
Everything at costco is too huge to go more frequently. I guess if it was around the block from me i would still do my normal grocery shopping there probably though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Costco stuff is big and there’s not much selection

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

Costco stuff is big and there’s not much selection

yeah and sometimes they just wont carry things for a while. buyers are on a store by store basis.

the one i go to had a really cool instant ddeokbokki kit but i haven't seen it again after the one time i got it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: hey we may actually start pulling ourselves out of the having absolutely no structure or direction rut soon

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sagebrush posted:

they had a bring-kids-to-work day with a petting zoo at the university a while back and i went over to pet the chickens, and the operators literally surrounded me and told me to leave bc i wasn't allowed to be there without a child of my own.

there are a lot of "pet a cow" type events at my university because they have a big agriculture school

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

chickens (especially petting zoo ones) are extremely chill with being handled and their feathers are really nice to pet. sorry to hear you were denied this wholesome experience sagebrush

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Do they bring the ones with a door in their side so you can stick your hands in their stomach

E: cows, not chickens

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

there are a lot of "pet a cow" type events at my university because they have a big agriculture school

nice that you get to work with your mom

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

Do they bring the ones with a door in their side so you can stick your hands in their stomach

what?

Edit: oh god I wish I hadn't googled that

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Crimes of the Future, David Cronenberg, 2022

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Look it up. They make cows that have a hole in their side with a plug in it so you can open it up and look at their food being digested. It's really common in ag programs

E: lol :twisted:

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't like that

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I thought you were pulling one :stare:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Did a school trip to an experimental farm when I was a kid that some of those, it was pretty cool.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its a replication of a dealio that was first done on humans to figure out how digestion worked

e: the full story goes they had a dude who got a hole on accident and it healed and he lived while still being a hole

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: no meetings today, not much work left for the week.. i suppose it's time to finally take compliance training for the year before the due date

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

cruise tomorrow :toot:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

probably, but that does not appeal to me, so i have not investigated further

bump_fn posted:

nice that you get to work with your mom

:supaburn:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

jesus WEP posted:

chickens (especially petting zoo ones) are extremely chill with being handled and their feathers are really nice to pet. sorry to hear you were denied this wholesome experience sagebrush

can confirm. we have four of these idiots and they love jumping up on your lap and just laying there.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i didnt know chickens could like hop flap a little bit and imagine my surprise when i went to a bonfire at my buddy's farm and turned around while i was very drunk to see the tree absolutely FULL of chickens.

i need you to imagine the surprise.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Elder Postsman posted:

can confirm. we have four of these idiots and they love jumping up on your lap and just laying there.

hell yeah :3:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Deviant posted:

i didnt know chickens could like hop flap a little bit and imagine my surprise when i went to a bonfire at my buddy's farm and turned around while i was very drunk to see the tree absolutely FULL of chickens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCsY3REaADo
slaps

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Elder Postsman posted:

there are several houses in my neighborhood with chickens and i am envious of all of them

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Deviant posted:

haven't you ever heard the expression "when the chickens come home to roost?"

sounds like your chickens came home to roost :unsmigghh:

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

there are several houses in my neighborhood with chickens and i am envious of all of them

someone in my neighborhood has a rooster that screams at the top of its lungs all day, every day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
coq a vin time

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

if any of your neighbors gets a peacock you need to posse up with the rest of the neighbors and drive those people out with pitchforks

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Deviant posted:

last time i visited my sister in rural new england i was laughing seeing turkeys nesting up in the trees in her yard. kinda terrifying watching them flop down tho

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

coq a vin time

coq a vin is so good

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Roosevelt posted:

if any of your neighbors gets a peacock you need to posse up with the rest of the neighbors and drive those people out with pitchforks

they got those things just walking around in scotland. i swear, i saw 'em

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
CJS: I have a VM, and tests are working with my board for the new (to me) client! :woop:

Now I have to figure out what ticket to inherit.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

prefect posted:

they got those things just walking around in scotland. i swear, i saw 'em

horrible birds

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i feel as if there's some bias on your part, roosevelt

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

dioxazine posted:

i feel as if there's some bias on your part, roosevelt

my grandparents had a bunch of them on their farm, and their "song" is a horrible loud cawing that turns on at 2 am. a foul fowl.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

they had them at a park near my place in berlin and they sounded like people screaming. horrible noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

gently caress these birds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPoyZcEj0y4