Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://files.catbox.moe/4bj71d.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

right now as we speak there are at least fifty people in the united states rocking out and saying "Hell yes, i love the idea of digging through the ditches and burning through the witches, this music speaks to me" and that's fine.

it’s me

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

right now as we speak there are at least fifty people in the united states rocking out and saying "Hell yes, i love the idea of digging through the ditches and burning through the witches, this music speaks to me" and that's fine.

i prefer to ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/4zq2f6k-ELY?si=yFzvcqx7KXdNHNwz

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
cqs: yield ratios are about 0.6, which is plenty, shor's just predicts 'enough', which is a complete handwave but worked out for me

then i gotta go make it fast again

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 27, 2024

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

prefect posted:

i prefer to ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
remember four days ago when i was in a thirteen hour international flight for work? well guess what lol. owned

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bob dobbs is dead posted:

cqs: yield ratios are about 0.6, which is plenty, shor's just predicts 'enough', which is a complete handwave but worked out for me

then i gotta go make it fast again

I'd shoot for 0.7, personally. you can do it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

I'd shoot for 0.7, personally. you can do it

do 0.69 dude lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
CLS: Crack-pinging bigly today.

https://twitter.com/EliotJacobson/status/1783512618151666064

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

that owns

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

7z: why???

just use a loving gzip or something smdh

edit: like do we care about loving bandwith in the year 2024? gently caress off with that poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
bz2 ftw imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
.arj is the only format i use

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rar files only please

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Eeyo posted:

7z: why???

just use a loving gzip or something smdh

edit: like do we care about loving bandwith in the year 2024? gently caress off with that poo poo

use xz imo, i hear they have a dynamic new maintainer getting a lot done

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
like what is the context. are you complaining about some chinese webcam driver being delivered in 7z, or does your organization have a bunch of 7zippers sending you twenty files a day.

There's probably a legitimate reason the packager doesn't JuSt UsE gZiP

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

well-read undead posted:

rar files only please

.rar .xD .o.O

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

like what is the context. are you complaining about some chinese webcam driver being delivered in 7z, or does your organization have a bunch of 7zippers sending you twenty files a day.

There's probably a legitimate reason the packager doesn't JuSt UsE gZiP

yeah i’m just firing off hot takes for no reason, i don’t even have to be right.

i downloaded a bunch of oblivion mods and a bunch of them are 7zs

now i’m trying to organize poo poo on my laptop but i don’t think macs have the command line 7zip thing.

of course the command line 7zip is a loving sourcefourge download page and the build system is just “copy the makefile and run make lol” which idk is fun, just not typical.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

the other think that annoys me about p7zip is every time i use it i read the invocation documentation and see that e is for extract, then i run 7z e oblivion_horse_breeds_v3.8.4.7z

but of course that extracts all files without any sort of file hierarchy and what i actually wanted was 7z x oblivion_horse_breeds_v3.8.4.7

this is all the fault of p7zip and not me being bad at computers

mystes
May 31, 2006

The purpose of 7z is imo to behave similar to zip but not have issues resulting from different versions of the zip format and prevent people from using the built in compressed folder support in windows which has a bunch of problems

Like I'm not sure if the compressed folder thing can even handle unicode properly so 7z is worth it just because if you ask for 7z people can't use the built in support in windows so they can't accidentally create zip files with filenames in some dumb encoding

mystes fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 27, 2024

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

also maybe use a package manager if you hate going to sourceforge to download everything

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Eeyo posted:

yeah i’m just firing off hot takes for no reason, i don’t even have to be right.

i downloaded a bunch of oblivion mods and a bunch of them are 7zs

now i’m trying to organize poo poo on my laptop but i don’t think macs have the command line 7zip thing.

of course the command line 7zip is a loving sourcefourge download page and the build system is just “copy the makefile and run make lol” which idk is fun, just not typical.

ah. Yeah that tracks, IM NOT TALKING poo poo OR ANYTHING but the gaming scene is very windows centric where this is pretty trivial.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i paid good human money to nexusmods for a week just so that i could have their mod manager automatically download the farkakte hellmelange of mods i needed to make skyrim vr actually work

time to make it work well: 8hrs

time spent playing skyrim vr in the last 6 months: 15 minutes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm in California eating good tacos

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i spent like an hour installing a big mod pack for fallout new vegas that was recommended in the games thread and i can’t tell if it was worth it. they are all bug fixes and i haven’t hit any bugs at least

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

I'm in California eating good tacos

surprised they let you bring them across the state line

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

quality of mexican food in california depends heavily on the latitude you are at within the state

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
highly nonlinear. if you're in the white peeps part of even san diego, it can get surprisingly loving dire despite the fact that you could drive a single-digit number of miles to hillcrest or university heights or to any 'erto's and it'll be great

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

surprised they let you bring them across the state line

you just bribe the border guard with a taco and a churro

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Eeyo posted:

you just bribe the border guard with a taco and a churro

would work on me

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

well-read undead posted:

rar files only please

if it ain’t .sit it ain’t poo poo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I saw the very famous California condor today

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I've never seen a condor :(

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
they have em at the oakland zoo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

CPColin posted:

I've never seen a condor :(

you have to go outside to see them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.