Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Zach announced on Facebook that he left Somethingawful in early 2020, I think just before covid hit, which is either great or terrible foresight. I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted it but I feel like he would have been a logical choice to take over after Lowtax as the last of the most prominent and outward-facing big names.

It seems like he's still occasionally active on Twitter but I don't know if he's actually up to anything on the internet. I do wish he would publish more fiction eventually. Liminal States was very good.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

If absolutely no effort is ever going to be put into making it a functioning site again, then just make the homepage jump straight to the forums homepage.

Seriously. I know "dead forums" is a bit here but it was a bit shocking to hear on two different fairly big podcasts recently the hosts state as a matter of fact that SA died with Lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm not an expert on web design but I don't think having somethingawful.com lead directly to the forums is probably good for attracting new members or making people think the website is doing well.