Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I found this searching through to Weekend Web thread for it

quote:

Mata is a good signing, but he will never replace januzaj hopefully we don't sign mata, because zaha needs gameplay before he stars in the worlds cup this year zaha and januzaj the new ronaldo and messi by next season

quote:

sometimes marvel at just how thick the English football masses are. they glory in the no-nonsense, hard-tackling, "get rid" enforcer at the back or in midfield, right from early age football to the top. Then they wonder why they can't produce technically gifted players like Spain, Brazil, Belgium, Argentina or Holland. Newsflash guys, it's because of fellas like Silva, Neymar, Januzaj, Messi or Robben had spent the first decade of their footballing lives listening to neanderthals being praised for landing them on their arses, it's highly unlikely they'd still be playing football today. It's even less likely they'd have been able to develop to the standards they have reached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Silva, Neymar, Januzaj, Messi or Robben

Good lord, what a glorious list

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Thanks for reminding me United bought Zaha then gave him back to Palace like two seasons later lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jose posted:

who came up with that expression? i assume it was big headed oval office FLJ

it was big headed oval office FLJ, a modern-day cassandra and hero for the children

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
It's happening.gif

https://twitter.com/spbajko/status/1529121850550366208

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Is Haaland the new Ribéry in terms of looks?

In transfer news, is Jiménez still linked with a move to Bayern?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
tahts just how norwegians look

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Isn’t he from Leeds

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Total Meatlove posted:

Isn’t he from Leeds

That's not how genetics work

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
cant wait for zinchenko, de bruyne, and haaland to stand in a line, itll be like three stages of an evolving pokemon

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1529455768445276160

https://twitter.com/JacobSteinberg/status/1529466075057889280

lomzus fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 25, 2022

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i choose to believe haalands flimsy body will be destroyed effortlessly against everton or something next season and he'll end with 11 goals in 28 appearances and then we'll have 6 months of hearing about how it takes a year to get used to pep's system

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

For all the hype, that seems like a low fee. Was there a buyout clause?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Is Ajax just being dissolved now that Ten Hag has left? It feels like the entire first team is in the process of being sold to someone else

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Is Ajax just being dissolved now that Ten Hag has left? It feels like the entire first team is in the process of being sold to someone else

that is every season tho

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Haaland reminds me of a young Martin Clunes.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

FullLeatherJacket posted:

are you trying to summon oliwan? because this is how you summon oliwan

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

sprotto posted:

He's busy at the Europa Conference Final.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheRat posted:

For all the hype, that seems like a low fee. Was there a buyout clause?

I think when Dortmund bought him there was some steadily descending release clause attached to it, and he’s been with them a few years now.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

sprotto posted:

*places tiny goalpost and ziptie in middle of pentagram* oil money, oil money ... OIL MONEY

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

I think when Dortmund bought him there was some steadily descending release clause attached to it, and he’s been with them a few years now.

I meant Ryan Gravenberch

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

that is every season tho

It’s this, you’re just paying attention now.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sad King Billy posted:

Haaland reminds me of a young Martin Clunes.

THANK YOU

e: for the non Brits

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
city are so loving annoying. julian alvarez is gonna be back with them this next time and he's apparently scored 6 goals in a libertadores match lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

THANK YOU

e: for the non Brits

Striking, really.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
In 'club I don't support but all the other transfer news on the BBC tracker is made up rubbish this morning' news, Salahs signed a new deal and oxlade chamberlain is for sale. Still only 28, worth a go as a starter somewhere imo

Also soucek won't sign a new deal at West ham, excited for him to sign for Leeds with the promise of less money and less chance of playing in Europe

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Salahs signed a new deal

Didn't he literally just say he would stay at Liverpool and run down his contract?

E: Looking at the BBC article, that's sort of it I guess

quote:

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah says he will be at Anfield next season "for sure" but would not be drawn over whether he will sign a new contract. Salah's deal ends in June 2023, leading to speculation he could be sold if he did not sign a new one as he would leave on a free in a year's time.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ah the papers were all going with ONE MO YEAR and made it seem like he'd signed an extension. Not like them to be vague and misleading

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I have it on good authority that british sports tabloids never lie or deceive.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Spurs rumours currently:

Likely/Soon:

- Filip Kostic, wing back from frankfurt.
- Fraser Forster from saints.

Possibly:

-Djed Spence, wing back from forest.
-Eriksen from brentford.
-Perisic from inter.
-Bissouma from brighton.

Maybe just linked because Italian, but it gets the fans excited:

-Alessandro Bastoni from inter.

Not sure:

-Jesus from man city.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This is a proper silly season rumour

https://twitter.com/GoonerTaIk/status/1529489315734200323?t=_Bnltbo6GalmkhW8cZlRpw&s=19

Why would Bayern let him go?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jippa posted:

Maybe just linked because Italian, but it gets the fans excited:

-Alessandro Bastoni from inter.

Not just because he’s Italian, but because he won a title with Conte already and Inter has to sell at least one of their better players this summer because they’re broke. He’s been the one the press has been saying is going to be sold.

Milan need another striker besides Origi since Zlatan will be out probably til after the World Cup. I love Giroud but we need a younger player to get started. Haven’t seen much movement on that yet other than the Scamacca and/or Berardi (who is more of a winger anyway) crap which has been thrown around all year.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Also 'Sell Pepe' lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Several Italian outlets say that Mkhitaryan to Inter on a free is wrapped up. Seems like a good move for him and for the club, he can take over Vidal's role as the veteran midfielder coming off the bench.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1529854749138378753

Diego Carlos to Aston Villa is a done deal.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Is "reached an agreement" the same as "signed" :thunk:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

pik_d posted:

Is "reached an agreement" the same as "signed" :thunk:

You're right, I might have jumped the gun a little in my excitement. Mods, I will accept my ban with dignity.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there can't be any bolded transfers until the window actually opens

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Frankston posted:

You're right, I might have jumped the gun a little in my excitement. Mods, I will accept my ban with dignity.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rip im sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whostolemyhat
Jan 15, 2014

the sex ghost posted:

In 'club I don't support but all the other transfer news on the BBC tracker is made up rubbish this morning' news, Salahs signed a new deal and oxlade chamberlain is for sale. Still only 28, worth a go as a starter somewhere imo

That's an archetypal Everton signing, surely. Ex-Arsenal winger to add to Walcott and Iwobi.