Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

whostolemyhat posted:

That's an archetypal Everton signing, surely. Ex-Arsenal winger to add to Walcott and Iwobi.

It'd be pretty amazing if the Ox became the first Liverpool/Everton transfer since Abel Xavier, but given the thin ice Everton is already on with its fanbase, I don't see how it could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like under lampard were going to see a shift in Everton's transfer policy, from 'sign man united and arsenal players on massive wages' to 'sign chelsea players on massive wages'

Lukaku and Barkley back to goodison? watch this space

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Danny Drinkwater is available

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
well actually

https://twitter.com/lea_efc/status/1529735605868969986?s=21&t=TLOTw46A-M6K5miSXpEICA

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
can't believe everton are poised to spend just shy of £70m on almiron. i'm not claiming it's a done deal yet but get your bold tags ready, they're poised. poised!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Not just because he’s Italian, but because he won a title with Conte already and Inter has to sell at least one of their better players this summer because they’re broke. He’s been the one the press has been saying is going to be sold.

Looks like Bremer is possibly coming to inter now.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Drinkwater's apologised to the fans for his transfer not working out. Feels like we're a step away from players turning down deals because they don't think they're good enough to play for the new team

quote:

Writing on Instagram on Thursday to mark the end of his Chelsea contract, which expires on 30 June, he added: "Injuries, how I have been treated, mistakes I have made, issues of the pitch, lack of game time… the list of excuses could be endless.

"I'm going to look at positives over the past five years, I have played with great players, coached by awesome managers, worked with some brilliant staff, met some fantastic people, lived in some beautiful places, travelled the world and won some more silverware.

"Football's a fantastic sport but this for both parties was a business move gone wrong, it's as black and white as that.

"To the Chelsea fans I apologise for how this has turned out I would of [sic] loved for you to see me at my best in that shirt doing what I love."

No Chelsea fan suffered as a result of you getting a fat wedge of Roman's money to go on loan a load of times and I'm reasonably sure no Chelsea fan is losing sleep over you continuing to not play for them. It's literally fine. You're allowed to enjoy the money

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Two big surprises today for me are that 1. this forum still exists and 2. my team signed a player from Reading that everyone else is saying "could have done better" about so that can't be bad I suppose

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Thirteenth Step posted:

Two big surprises today for me are that 1. this forum still exists and 2. my team signed a player from Reading that everyone else is saying "could have done better" about so that can't be bad I suppose

Wait until you learn lowtax killed himself

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Spoilers

Also so we're all on the same page

:siren: no bolding of deals until the window opens and players can be registered on the 10th June unless it's a free agent :siren:

or you will get a probe of an embarrassing signing your club made or something

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Jose posted:

Wait until you learn lowtax killed himself

oh he actually did holy poo poo

rip I guess

Thirteenth Step fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 27, 2022

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lowtax agreeing the ultimate release clause

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i dont recall anyone bolding lowtaxs transfer

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Drinkwater's apologised to the fans for his transfer not working out. Feels like we're a step away from players turning down deals because they don't think they're good enough to play for the new team

No Chelsea fan suffered as a result of you getting a fat wedge of Roman's money to go on loan a load of times and I'm reasonably sure no Chelsea fan is losing sleep over you continuing to not play for them. It's literally fine. You're allowed to enjoy the money

I think the implication/rumour is that he went full Paul Merson, and he's sad that he pissed away his chance at a big club by being Paul Merson rather than the pot apologising to the kettle for being poo poo

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

the sex ghost posted:

Spoilers

Also so we're all on the same page

:siren: no bolding of deals until the window opens and players can be registered on the 10th June unless it's a free agent :siren:

or you will get a probe of an embarrassing signing your club made or something

Kinda tempting not gonna lie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

never seen him but surely an upgrade to the definitely everton bound almiron

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1530146247981547526?s=20&t=egp9kNmMWeQ_c-Hv8NdfoA

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds have put on their website that the Aaronson deal has been agreed, 25m to go through on 1st July. Feels good to sign the basketball player of similar ability to LeBron James of soccer

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://mobile.twitter.com/RodneyMarsh10/status/1529866460700545024?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Beep beep indeed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

are leeds spending proper money this summer to try harder to stay up

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

This kid supposedly has worse attitude issues than Sancho had at city so Dortmund will turn him into a world beater for sure

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1530157413520777217?t=pqld5q_t1rTYx1om5n9CNA&s=19

Edit: Oh it's actually official, but is it bold??? I'm not risking it https://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/BVB-verpflichtet-Jayden-Braaf

pik_d fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 27, 2022

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jippa posted:

Looks like Bremer is possibly coming to inter now.

Would be an upgrade over Bastoni imo. Makes me think he’s leaving for sure if it’s true.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jose posted:

are leeds spending proper money this summer to try harder to stay up

The dof and owners have been making veiled statements that they were trying to sign players in both windows last season and bielsa kept refusing them. Would have thought they can't get away with not strengthening the squad as it's so clearly needed

Orta has made some very good signings and it's nice to think there's a strategy of some sort in place but raphinha aside the prem signings have been average. If next season is like the last one he might get the boot along with marsch imo

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

L'equipe saying Mane is close to being off to Bayern for 30m

https://twitter.com/lequipe/status/1530166458755448833?t=UEBkvE9ZrKkDoHP8VYXInQ&s=19

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

pik_d posted:

This kid supposedly has worse attitude issues than Sancho had at city so Dortmund will turn him into a world beater for sure

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1530157413520777217?t=pqld5q_t1rTYx1om5n9CNA&s=19

Edit: Oh it's actually official, but is it bold??? I'm not risking it https://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/BVB-verpflichtet-Jayden-Braaf

You may bold it under the Free Agent Clause

the sex ghost posted:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

You may bold it under the Free Agent Clause

He's not a free agent though. He has(had) a year left on his City contract, they just didn't ask for a fee because he's not worth the trouble. The example I know is he told Fernandinho to gently caress off when he was asked to pick up the training balls.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

pik_d posted:

He's not a free agent though. He has(had) a year left on his City contract, they just didn't ask for a fee because he's not worth the trouble. The example I know is he told Fernandinho to gently caress off when he was asked to pick up the training balls.

sounds like a good lad

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

pik_d posted:

Ah fair enough then and lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

That's not a lot for Mane but he's out of contract next year so yeah. I've been expecting us to lose either him or Salah (or maybe both) this summer but it will still be disappointing to actually see one or both of them leave

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

How could Der Spiegel L'equipe do this on the eve of a big game?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Myssu posted:

L'Equipe are City fans. Der Spiegel have season tickets at Anfield.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Gnabry's coming home

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Myssu posted:

Lmao

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/1530204153900826625?s=20&t=fNavwC3segUku43GrhBF3g

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/1530226051531649025

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You can have Perisic or Pulisic. You can’t have both.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
contes gameplan is to just assemble everyone he won the title with at inter then, wonder how much chelsea would accept for lukaku???

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Thirteenth Step posted:

Welcome OP

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

pik_d posted:

Kinda tempting not gonna lie

Benjani or Bojinov. Maybe Robinho.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Gnabry's coming home

He is.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1530445792460283905

I can't help but feel that chasing after De Jong is going to drag out and end in nothing Sneijder-style.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Interest in kante too apparently, based on a graun article with zero quotes. Chelsea are planning a Big Rebuild, of the two midfielders would prefer to get rid of jorginho but could be tempted by a big bid for kante since he's been in and out of the team

Kante, de Jong, Rice, Kalvin . Who you choosing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

the sex ghost posted:

Interest in kante too apparently, based on a graun article with zero quotes. Chelsea are planning a Big Rebuild, of the two midfielders would prefer to get rid of jorginho but could be tempted by a big bid for kante since he's been in and out of the team

Kante, de Jong, Rice, Kalvin . Who you choosing

Is anyone at Leeds talking about stealing Flynn Downes off us when you lose Phillips, or is that just our own fans massively overestimating how in-demand (and good) our players are.