Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/status/1565369138519891973

It is done.

God speed, guy that looked pretty past it in this league two years ago :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I see Willian is already making friends with his teammates

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Willian’s only job is Pass It To Mitrovic. I think he’ll be fine.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Brighton are signing Billy Gilmour for circa £9/10 m.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Leicester has signed a player called Wout Faes.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2773512/leicester-city-sign-wout-faes-from-reims

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Looks like a knock off David Luiz.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Rate your favorite Deadline Day Shenanigans, go

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Looks like a knock off David Luiz.

It’s not David Luiz it’s just made to look like David Luiz.

Arsenal are supposedly making a second bid for Douglas and Villa also supposedly do not want to sell. Arsenal must have done some serious tapping up on this guy.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sticksy posted:

1. Odemwingie in the car park.
2. The babelcopter.
3. Berbatov getting on a plane to Fiorentina and then just not being on there when it landed because he had gone to Fulham.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
1) Andy Carroll
2) Babelcooter
3) Burrofax
4) Peter Odemwingie driving cross country to try to force through a move only for the transfer to not happen
5) Tevez and Mascherano to Wet Sham
6) Dildo in the ear
7) Robinho to Chelsea City
7) Woodward not meeting Fellaini’s release clause so had to pay like £5M more a month later

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Look how ecstatic they look

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal and Suarez’s £40m release clause that Liverpool just outright ignored

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Hmm, is stealing the name of your opponent a bookable offense?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sticksy posted:

1) Andy Carroll
2) Babelcooter
3) Burrofax
4) Peter Odemwingie driving cross country to try to force through a move only for the transfer to not happen
5) Tevez and Mascherano to Wet Sham
6) Dildo in the ear
7) Robinho to Chelsea City
7) Woodward not meeting Fellaini’s release clause so had to pay like £5M more a month later
i always looked forward to the annual darren bent meltdown

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

United "failing" to get De Gea's expensive transfer to Madrid faxed in time and then signing him to a new deal just before he turned into a shadow of his former self

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Really hope Arsenal do some business in the next few hours and get another CM in. Part of what I think helped scupper our top 4 finish last season was not getting in another striker in the Jan window to replace Aubameyang and it's worth giving 30m or whatever Villa wants if it means we get a decent CM that doesnt leave us short in the middle with all these injuries and with the amount of games we'll be playing.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 1, 2022

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Wazzerphuk posted:

https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/status/1565369138519891973

It is done.

God speed, guy that looked pretty past it in this league two years ago :thumbsup:

tbf, he looked pretty good in exactly one game for Arsenal. Against Fulham

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Just Chamber posted:

Really hope Arsenal do some business in the next few hours and get another CM in. Part of what I think helped scupper our top 4 finish last season was not getting in another striker in the Jan window to replace Aubameyang and it's worth giving 30m or whatever Villa wants if it means we get a decent CM that doesnt leave us short in the middle with all these injuries and with the amount of games we'll be playing.

Without another CM coming in, I think top 4 is gone. We would be forced to play Sambi twice a week until the World Cup.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i hope they don't get into the top 4. not suspending a rapist is a disgusting move.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

sticksy posted:

1. Odemwinge car park
2. Robinho thinking he'd signed for United
3. Babelcopter

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Was Messi crying and saying leaving Barca worse the worst day of his life before his big psg unveiling on deadline day? That should be up there too.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Leon deondonkerdek to Villa is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1565414480095346690

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

anelka holding the West Brom shirt like someone just wiped their arse with it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Other football observances include world cup group stage which is a bit like ramadan, you have to watch all four games every day to show your devotion to Serbia v Mexico

almost starting to regret mark lawrenson not being there to go on a rant about how hard it is for him to have to be paid a salary to go on an all-expenses-paid trip to watch multiple football games, because costa rica are actually a bit poo poo

it's like when you get older and someone invites you to a christmas dinner where nobody cries or shouts at each other, it's just off

i'm assuming that this isn't pronounced WOOT FACE by actual belgians

a joyless country

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

In front of a random wall at what looks like a service station

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i cant believe willian is back :wtc:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

FullLeatherJacket posted:

i'm assuming that this isn't pronounced WOOT FACE by actual belgians

a joyless country

He’s settled this for you himself

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1565338691022663681?s=20

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This should be mandatory for every new signing imo

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Arsenal's recruitment as shambolic as I predicted. Stop the winger search because you need a midfielder, fail to land a midfielder anyway, end up with nothing.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Other football observances include world cup group stage which is a bit like ramadan, you have to watch all four games every day to show your devotion to Serbia v Mexico

Lol

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If he ends up poo poo we can say ‘Out, farce!’

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

jesus WEP posted:

how can you post this without the incredible sitcom intro they released to mark the occasion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11kfbc

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Proper deadline day silliness

https://twitter.com/Olly_w_hayes03/status/1565407812972322818?t=hqhdZ0Tf3E-gZTxPYtA7Nw&s=19

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

Arsenal's recruitment as shambolic as I predicted. Stop the winger search because you need a midfielder, fail to land a midfielder anyway, end up with nothing.

Yea I like Arteta but if we fail two seasons in a row to sign a key player for a position that needs to be filled and it leads to us slipping up again that's unacceptable.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Agreed, but fabio vieira is potentially cover at deeper lying cm as far as I read, and I thought zinchenko was supposed to also be a potential fill in for partey as long as tierney is fit

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Apparently Arsenal have just offered 25m for Luiz and that doesnt look like it's enough. Well just offer 35m then for god sake. It's not like they're strapped for cash and if that extra 10m gets you a player that will help you secure top 4 and all of the money that comes with it then do it. Clubs arent going to let you lowball them when you're a rich club and they can see you need the player.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 1, 2022

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

How can you call it shambolic when the team is the best it's been for over a decade?

Who do you want who's going to be happy to be backup to saka and martinelli?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Nottingham Forest potentially making another 2 signings to bring it up to a total of 23, going full Mark E Smith.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Xhaka got better over the past season and Zinchenko can play midfield. I don’t think Vieira will ever play either of the deeper midfield positions; I think he’ll end up in Odegaard and Saka’s positions. That said it’s shambolic they’re relying on Partey at all. The team’s as good as it’s been in a decade maybe but man is it a gloomy loving situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

How can you call it shambolic when the team is the best it's been for over a decade?

Who do you want who's going to be happy to be backup to saka and martinelli?

We have 1 DM, who is not even a DM for the forseeable future, and stopped our pursuit of a winger to sign another midfielder, then failed to sign the midfielder, and ended up with no winger either.

The quality of the squad is good, but it is far too small to handle the fixture list we have. It is also needlessly small, since we did loaned out Pepe thinking we would sign a winger, then didn't.