Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm very excited about this.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1530484411279474689

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

sassassin posted:

Is anyone at Leeds talking about stealing Flynn Downes off us when you lose Phillips, or is that just our own fans massively overestimating how in-demand (and good) our players are.

Most of the credible transfer chat has been about players out. The big ones apart from Aaronson is that they're working on a deal for Calvin Ramsay at Aberdeen as a replacement for ayling and an unnamed premier league striker (maybe nketiah if he doesn't sign a new deal but also possibly batshuayi since I think they tried to get him last year)

If Philips does get the deal he's looking for there'll probably be more midfield chat though

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Most of the credible transfer chat has been about players out.

I'm guessing there was a big "we might be in the championship" elephant in the room in the way of incoming chat until very recently.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Was the big reason they were still in the title race til the last day. Conte will get the best out of him if he can stay motivated.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

if he can stay motivated.

Perisic or Conte?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Perisic or Conte?

I was talking about Perisic but really it’s both lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
are chelsea really going to tell kante to get out not even one entire year after i had to hear endless talk about how good he was and why he was the reason they won the CL lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

tbp posted:

are chelsea really going to tell kante to get out not even one entire year after i had to hear endless talk about how good he was and why he was the reason they won the CL lol

He's still an excellent player, but he's a sicknote

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

What I've seen from United fans is that he's past it and they don't want any more Chelsailures, but for me he's only 31 and if he's available for sensible money I'd take him even just for depth

although tbh I'd sign Karl Henry at this point for the sake of having a loving midfield

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

What I've seen from United fans is that he's past it and they don't want any more Chelsailures, but for me he's only 31 and if he's available for sensible money I'd take him even just for depth

although tbh I'd sign Karl Henry at this point for the sake of having a loving midfield

I'd take him in a heartbeat if not for his recent injury record. But if Tuchel is letting him go, that's a giant red flag.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

me too, he can't stuff Juve into a locker anymore

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

[quote="Jippa" post="523770422"]
I'm very excited about this.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1530484411279474689
[/quote

Me too if only because its a fairly clear sign that the board are willing to make signings for Conte.

Kane to Man United is the kind of transfer that would have been absolutely nailed on about 15 years ago but seems quite funny at the moment.

Interested to see what happens to the spurs loan boys. Lo Celso will probably stay at Villareal now, Cameron carter Vickers is going, Gil will come back I think but might get another loan. And Ndombele I have no idea.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1530891902547070983?s=09

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Not the news I was hoping for today but, hell, I will survive.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
Mane wants to win real trophies (so i'm not talking about the league cup here), so you can't blame him for wanting to leave tbh

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

nawilo_420 posted:

Mane wants to win real trophies (so i'm not talking about the league cup here), so you can't blame him for wanting to leave tbh

He has more chance of willing the CL with Liverpool if Bayern lose Lewandowski. Those two together might be lethal though.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Good luck to him. He's been fantastic but at least one of the original front three was going to leave this summer considering their ages, contracts and how well Jota and Diaz have been doing. Don't know if Carvalho is ready yet, but should be able to deputise.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What's happening with Firmino? Is he injured or just benched?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

What's happening with Firmino? Is he injured or just benched?

He was out of form and fell down the pecking order as a result because both Jota and Diaz were in great form when they first signed for us. I think there were some minor injuries along the way as well, the kind of thing that would keep him out for a couple weeks and make it harder to get a good run of form going, which meant he stayed on the bench once fit again because whoever had deputized for him was playing lights out. With Mane and backups like Origi leaving (Minamino leaving also wouldn't surprise me) he'll probably play more again next season.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

He'll be valuable in our push for the playoffs this year if he can squeeze his way past Matt Phillips

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Don’t get too excited about investment for Conte or whatever - remember he’s on a free.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Don’t get too excited about investment for Conte or whatever - remember he’s on a free.

I was going to say, he might be plenty good, but getting a 33 year old on a free transfer isnt the strongest evidence they're going to spend a ton lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

You've fallen for the classic Fabrizio. There's nothing corroborating Mane saying he wants to leave he could still either renew or do a Salah and stay and go on a free next year.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

sourdough posted:

I was going to say, he might be plenty good, but getting a 33 year old on a free transfer isnt the strongest evidence they're going to spend a ton lol

It must be, though. When has Conte ever asked for a roster of older "experienced" players he's familiar with?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I don't know why spurs fans are jizzing themselves over Perisic.

I'm very curious where winks and Reggie are going to end up though.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

quote:

Javier Tebas: “As of today, Barcelona can’t sign Lewandowski. They know their financial situation and the rules of the league. I don’t know if they will sell Frenkie or Pedri, but they know they have to sell players or certain assets"

I'm feeling a frightful sense of deja vu

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
You can just say you put a bid in followed by a 'we tried' tweet, arsenal have been doing it for years. If you actually put a bid in the other club will usually expect to be paid

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2022/may/perisic-completes-move/

Perisic to Spurs is a Done Deal.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:cheers:

https://twitter.com/JamesHorncastle/status/1531647741818019840

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/JoeDonnohue/status/1531562125302190080?s=20&t=IsC-cUfl8AkdzQ2UJXa9Gw

Interesting to see Leeds's new transfer policy of hoovering up players from the fizzy drink teams. This guy looks terrifying so would like to see this deal go through

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I always enjoy more danes in the Premier League(tm).

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://apnews.com/article/soccer-sports-major-league-italy-af45e0968b54e3f85a1bc66dd8006601

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheRat posted:

I'm feeling a frightful sense of deja vu

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1531896830094622722?t=6h7bwIfx5_oQD2JqKbECiQ&s=19

lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

the sex ghost posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeDonnohue/status/1531562125302190080?s=20&t=IsC-cUfl8AkdzQ2UJXa9Gw

Interesting to see Leeds's new transfer policy of hoovering up players from the fizzy drink teams. This guy looks terrifying so would like to see this deal go through

2022-23 shaping up to be the season of angular hulking norsemen

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Man u lining up a 68m bid for 22 year old benfica striker Darwin Nunez, set to replace Leandro Damiao as the player linked with every UK club every transfer window without ever actually signing

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

the sex ghost posted:

Yes I like it, him, Cresswell and Hjelde look like beasts, Firpo the odd man out and sucks imo lets get rid

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

the sex ghost posted:

Man u lining up a 68m bid for 22 year old benfica striker Darwin Nunez, set to replace Leandro Damiao as the player linked with every UK club every transfer window without ever actually signing

Brighton have tried to sign him every summer for the last 3 years.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Lmao at pogba loving over man utd leaving on a free for a second time

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

EC10 posted:

Lmao at pogba loving over man utd leaving on a free for a second time

For the first time you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

TheRat posted:

For the first time you mean?

The first time he hosed them out of tens/hundreds of million pounds was also funny yes but now it’s happened again