Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sad King Billy posted:

Haaland reminds me of a young Martin Clunes.

THANK YOU

e: for the non Brits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

pik_d posted:

This kid supposedly has worse attitude issues than Sancho had at city so Dortmund will turn him into a world beater for sure

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1530157413520777217?t=pqld5q_t1rTYx1om5n9CNA&s=19

Edit: Oh it's actually official, but is it bold??? I'm not risking it https://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/BVB-verpflichtet-Jayden-Braaf

You may bold it under the Free Agent Clause

the sex ghost posted:

:siren: no bolding of deals until the window opens and players can be registered on the 10th June unless it's a free agent :siren:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

pik_d posted:

He's not a free agent though. He has(had) a year left on his City contract, they just didn't ask for a fee because he's not worth the trouble. The example I know is he told Fernandinho to gently caress off when he was asked to pick up the training balls.

Ah fair enough then and lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

if he can stay motivated.

Perisic or Conte?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

You've fallen for the classic Fabrizio. There's nothing corroborating Mane saying he wants to leave he could still either renew or do a Salah and stay and go on a free next year.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Thanks for the breaking news that Ed Woodward is a loving idiot EC10

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

EC10 posted:

FeRguSoN tOlD hIm To gently caress OfF

Did you quote the wrong post

edit:

I mean, Ferguson did tell him to gently caress off believing Pogba didn't have what it takes to play in the premier league despite having all the attitude and so an academy player left the club at the end of their contract, so it goes for hundreds of academy players at loads of clubs year in year out. Fast forward to 2016 and Ed Woodward, feeling he needed to establish dominance over Ferguson in the board room, decided to "correct" a Ferguson mistake and brought Paul Pogba back to United amidst much fanfare. A Paul Pogba that somehow shone in a midfield of Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal, to be the lynchpin and star of Manchester United's midfield. For an astronomical fee and astronomical wages.

6 years later, Ferguson was right, Ed Woodward is a loving idiot.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 3, 2022

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It'd be interesting to see ASM in a team that doesn't rely on him as the main/sole attacking outlet

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

updated noises from the united camp are that when rangnick said that united needed to sign ten players, he didn't mean now, he meant that united will probably sign at least ten players in the future

they're instead confident that ten hag can get improved performances out of the existing players, which is definitely not something that should remind you of the part in portal 2 where wheatley tries to get the boxes with legs to solve puzzles

This had better include the likes of Garner and Laird or I'll make a face. We still need a loving 6 and a centre back. Arguably full backs on both sides too.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sassassin posted:

Fully fit maybe he's still a top 4 player but he's not been fully fit for literally years so the Championship is the ideal level for him to choose when he plays and try to style on good-not-great defenders.

He did a good job for Spurs but 900 minutes over a full season isn't what the doctor orders if we're to win the World Cup. If he's not fit Brennan Johnson is coming for his position.

lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

UnderFreddy posted:

he was a not very good striker for 5 seasons in a row. He was so bad in his first season that Wenger immediately paid an even higher fee for Aubameyang in the Winter window

Weird, hit double digits every season except the last one?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

UnderFreddy posted:

50m striker who never scored over 15 goals, while also being unable to hold up the ball and had no pace. A worse replacement for Giroud.

Are you just cherry picking league goals? Because he did in 3 out of his 5 seasons in all competitions.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/pedromsepulveda/status/1534912687431376902?s=20&t=QodaXzA-aU8Q70NocN5n2Q

Ahhh, sillyseason. I missed you.

(I dont believe it for a second and he's 100% Liverpool-bound if they can agree on a non-stupid price)

lol

"Sorry, how much did you say Liverpool? Manchester United are also interested you see"

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

Barcelona's finances are ultrafucked. They need to sell a player for good money if they ever hope to register anyone this window, and there's only a few players with real market value. Frenkie De Jong and a bunch of La Masia kids. If the board tried to sell Gavi, Pedri or Fati they would get lynched in the streets.

Yeah as I understand it Barca are very much still in the denial stage of grief for the fact they're a sell to buy team now until they get more astronomical wages off the books. De Jong is one of those I believe.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Was the bid for 50,000,001 pounds

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

He's called Vieira and that's the entire reason Arsenal have signed him

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

You would think he’s on massive wages but I’ve never actually heard about them being high, so I’m assuming they’re not.

And yes Arsenal will probably be paying for Pepe after he’s gone because they structured the deal to be paid over a decade or something insane.

140k a week according to https://www.spotrac.com/epl/arsenal-fc/nicolas-pepe-32697/

Only comment I have on accuracy is their United wage statements seem right

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

It's extremely wrong on sancho at least

Thanks for the better source/clarification on Sancho!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Xabi posted:

What even is Lukaku’s level? As with Pogba, I guess we’ll never know.

Everton.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Stealing this from bovvy
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1540035271290458113?s=20&t=zfvNygEzS-cVpDWVEMO9cw

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Meanwhile, at Old Trafford

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the guardian are saying barca want harry maguire as part of the de jong deal *mulder i want to believe poster*

I'm almost positive they've picked this up from a meme that was doing the rounds...

I was sent that 5 days ago

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Sloppy player on a good day tbh

supposed to turn sigs off for emptyquotes mate

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Why tf would he need a work permit he's been playing here since 2017. Have spurs just accidentally earned their star signing a free pre season tour of Rwanda

Changing employers requires that you reapply.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gotta be Khan or P. Schmeichel at #1 in the dirty XI

e: fuckin lmao there's no Souness

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 2, 2022

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Muscat, Souness, Dicks, Ferguson, Bremner?

The dirtiest one team five a side.

ftfy. Vinnie Jones is a sub.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sticksy posted:

Yeah, good call. I was mostly going for players off the top of my head that I’d seen play/from last 25-30 years and Souness’s heyday as a leg-breaker was before I followed football.

This does prompt another good question, however - who would be the MANAGER of the Dirtiest XI…?

Souness? Mourinho? Simeone? Blackburn under Mark Hughes? Pulis? So many options.

Joe Kinnear

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jethro posted:

Canada day was Friday

No that's Bryan Adams. Brian Adams is from Hawaii

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Andreas "Pre-season Pirlo" Pereira has always been great in July and shocking the rest of the year.

Mad that he's spent half a career at United without ever really getting near the first team.

Have you forgotten the pre Bruno times? I understand how you'd block them out but Pereira was given plenty of opportunity to show he could step up and he simply did not. Flashes of brilliance but just awful decision making in build up play.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

if Pep gets Kalvin on the gas he'll win the balon d'or

"If"

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

nawilo_420 posted:

lol that barcelona went from lofty unicef shirt sponsor to being one of the scummiest clubs out there

*astronaut with a gun* always have been

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Oh christ we're going to try and replace Ronaldo with him aren't we...

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Why don't tweets show up embedded anymore

I'm on Firefox and find I often have to wait an absurdly long time for them to load, while there's just a weird link and bits of other text

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I imagine it's to do with the deferred paycut he took and wanting enough money to deal with that and come out able to complete other signings?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Our very own Swiss Ramble.

aka an oliwan post

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vinestalk posted:

I hope De Jong does what's right and stays at Barcelona to gently caress them over

Much as I want the signing to be done, I'd accept this as the alternative outcome

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Please buy a CB or two Juve jfc

Up pops a smiling Harry Maguire (before falling down and dragging you down with him conceding a comedy goal/penalty)

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eric Cantonese posted:

Why didn't Lingard move to West Ham earlier? It seemed like such a good fit and it wasn't like Man-U wanted to keep him.

Ole did, then he got sacked.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The rational observer would assume De Jong is doing what he should to make sure Barca can't wriggle out of paying him nearly 20m euros in fuckin deferred wages to help bail out their sorry asses. If he willingly takes a contract termination with no fuss they get out free with wages he should have been paid already had they not been commuted. If De Jong willingly takes the transfer he's got no case with a court of arbitration for the money they're screwing him out of. Whether he genuinely wants to come to United and work with Ten Hag or not, he'd be a loving idiot to say so to anyone anywhere near the press.

I hope we get him but if it's down to him getting what he's owed from Barca or having to move on I'd be absolutely fine with him digging his heels in.

Either we'll blink as deadline day approaches and give up or Barca will and work out some agreement over the money he's owed so they can get the sale through. Either way this saga is running until September.

I'd wager the higher fee Barca agreed to is to cover what they owe him but they're trying to see if they can pocket and get rid before conceding.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Article includes a picture of him signing a thing in an Arsenal shirt, it passes