Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

nawilo_420 posted:

Mane wants to win real trophies (so i'm not talking about the league cup here), so you can't blame him for wanting to leave tbh

He has more chance of willing the CL with Liverpool if Bayern lose Lewandowski. Those two together might be lethal though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Getting Haaland is nice and all but Arsenal have the title locked up because Marquinhos to Arsenal is a Done Deal

https://mobile.twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1536362836510879744?cxt=HHwWgMC9xYP3oNIqAAAA

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

harperdc posted:

Eddie Nketiah signs a new contract with Arsenal, and will move to the #14 shirt.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1538129406308372481

He's not good enough for the #14 shirt. Like if Jesus is signed then Nketiah should and will be a bench player. I don't really get giving him a new contract tbh. He's not ready to lead the line for a Champions League chasing club and the best option would have been to send him to a lower half of the table team with an option to buy him back if he becomes a player that can bang in 20-25 goals a season.

Also surely he wants to be the main guy at arsenal but must see that we're chasing players right now to fill that role. If he's happy to just start Europa League games then ok sure. But for all his talk about wanting to be a starter I think ultimately he's gone for the money.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 18, 2022

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

Mesut Ozil’s contract at Fenernahce has been terminated and he will now focus on being a full time gamer this is not a joke.

His teammates getting mad at him because he refuses to hit the run button

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Imagine giving Jesse Lingard nearly 200k a week. I'm sure that wont cause any issues in the dressing room when he's on like 10x more wages than most of the other players.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

To say you gave in to fan pressure is ridiculous and makes your manager look weak when it comes to transfer decisions. Just address the negative reaction by saying the rumours you were looking to sign him weren't true or yeah you deemed the value of the transfer as not worth it.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

I wonder if Neto to Arsenal is likely happening because Saka has yet to sign a new contract and Arsenal have got word that a bigger club is going to make a massive offer for him next season.

If Liverpool continue to do poorly I can easily see them thinking he'll be perfect on the opposite wing to Salah.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 25, 2022

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Shrapnig posted:

Saka and Salah "prefer" to play in the same spot as an inverted winger/forward so I don't know how that will work.

Well Salah plays on the right and Saka has often been deployed on the left even if he has flourished on the right so I think it could be pretty lethal honestly. I just hope it doesn't happen. Basically if Arsenal don't get 4th and champions League with 2 years left on his contract I can see his head being turned. If not by Liverpoo then someone else.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

I dont see how Fulham could look at how bad Willian was for Arsenal and think "yea that'll be a good signing", but yea good luck to him.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Really hope Arsenal do some business in the next few hours and get another CM in. Part of what I think helped scupper our top 4 finish last season was not getting in another striker in the Jan window to replace Aubameyang and it's worth giving 30m or whatever Villa wants if it means we get a decent CM that doesnt leave us short in the middle with all these injuries and with the amount of games we'll be playing.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 1, 2022

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

Arsenal's recruitment as shambolic as I predicted. Stop the winger search because you need a midfielder, fail to land a midfielder anyway, end up with nothing.

Yea I like Arteta but if we fail two seasons in a row to sign a key player for a position that needs to be filled and it leads to us slipping up again that's unacceptable.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Apparently Arsenal have just offered 25m for Luiz and that doesnt look like it's enough. Well just offer 35m then for god sake. It's not like they're strapped for cash and if that extra 10m gets you a player that will help you secure top 4 and all of the money that comes with it then do it. Clubs arent going to let you lowball them when you're a rich club and they can see you need the player.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Just talking about CM alone Elneny is injured possible for a couple months, we're playing well with Zinchenko at left back and having him there rather than getting moved to midfield and putting Tierney there when he's looked kind of poor and you don't know how well Zinchenko will perform as a cm in this team is not ideal and Lokonga is still a very rough talent. All it will take is to lose a couple of midfielder to injuries and our midfield starts to look really poor. Fast forward a few months or so and those extra games will really start to take its toll on the squad, and I worry we get to Jan and once again they'll be reluctant to sign depth.

There's no way you can say a starting midfield of Lokonga, Xhaka and Elneny for example if other players are injured or absent is good enough for a top 4 team. But if you have Luiz or Tielemens in for Lokonga for example and I think that really boosts the quality of that midfield.

Also another winger would have been great. I don't want us to burn out Saka, ESR hasn't looked convincing for a while, Vieira god knows what he'll be like and people have said put Jesus on the wing and put Nketiah up front but I still am not sold on Nketiah being anything but a bench player and Jesus is fantastic up top. Which comes to the issue of not buying depth, you end up pulling players from their natural positions they're excelling at (people saying we can move Zinchenko to cm when he's doing fantastic at left back) and then very possibly ruining the run of form that player and therefore the team is on. I do think with our history of injuries and the amount of games we have our lack of depth is going to cost us.

Melo has been heavily linked to Arsenal over the years and he would have been a perfect player to just fill in the cm gaps when needed. Especially if it was a loan like Liverpool secured.