Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Sad to reach the end of the Mané era. Incredible effort and focus every match and also basically injury free. Much more likely to magic a goal out of nothing at a crucial time than Salah too, imho. This one against Bayern is one of my favourite Sexy Sadio Goals

https://j.gifs.com/vloV9m.mp4

https://mobile.twitter.com/supersporttv/status/1105932633022828547?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

well this is aguerd

ermahguerd

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

pik_d posted:

Yeah, Courtois did for Atletico Madrid against Chelsea.

Also Coutinho scored twice to knock Barcelona out

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Dudley posted:

It's not normally the competition that bans it, just the loan agreement. I'd like to say I'd be astonished if Chelsea were dumb enough to let that happen here but...

It can be both. The Premier League and the Championship both disallow loanees from playing against the lending club, there's no contractual clause that will allow it. UEFA, on the other hand, have said that 'any "private contract" between clubs which might influence the other's team selection is "null, void and unenforceable so far as Uefa is concerned", with any attempt to enforce such a clause a "clear violation" of the regulations, which would prompt sanction' (from an article about the Courtois match in 2014). La Liga has no stance on the issue so most clubs put the 'this player can't play against us' clause in the loan agreement, but Real Madrid removed it from their loans in 2019.

All the info is from this blog, so grain of salt and all that, but he does note that Bayern have benefitted the most from loans scoring goals against their parent club in the CL and has videos too. Coman against Juventus, Rodriguez against Real Madrid and Coutinho against Barcelona.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Cali does have some nice golf courses

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Whose tats are in the photo? They just shopped his head on, right?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Chas McGill posted:

I do wonder why any team would let the Saudi PIF buy their players for reasonable prices. I was really hoping they'd be buying Robinho equivalents for £100m.

They're probably being invited to make their counter offer in person at the local Saudi embassy and then losing their nerve when MBS shows up in a plastic raincoat

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Koulibaly on his way too it seems

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1547221361411735557

Here we go is Fabrizio's version of bold type I think

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I can sympathise with the guy who decided to blow off training and ride out his loan contract rather than get his ankles stomped to bits by the cloggers in the scottish championship.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hopefully we'll see this happen

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1557368683428806657

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

the last guy they signed from madrid made such a huge impact, definitely go back to that well with even more money this time

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hahaha 60 mil for a 30 year old

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hegay posted:

Casemiro was on 90k a week at Madrid, bet he's making big bucks now

I'm kinda outraged that any madrid player is on that little but especially one that is so consistent for them, gently caress. well done, nice raise lad

but this also means that cl clause isn't gonna mean poo poo since he just at least doubled his pay packet

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

tbp posted:

if liverpool's next two purchases are not midfielders i will lose my loving mind. seriously, here are the options in the squad rn:

elliot: best midfielder lately, also a child
jones: also a child, not that great, injured pretty commonly
carvalho: also a child, supposed to be a forward
henderson: has not been good for about 18 months, cannot play 90 minutes twice in 7 days anymore
fabinho: has not been good for about 6 months, one of the few i actually have faith in to be good going forward though
thiago: injured literally 60% of matches
milner: 600 years old
keita: injured literally 75% of matches

its genuinely insane that they're seemingly refusing to address this in the hopes of a superstar bid for jude bellingham who will inevitably go to city/madrid anyway

you forgot ox, who's injured for 100% of matches

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

United "failing" to get De Gea's expensive transfer to Madrid faxed in time and then signing him to a new deal just before he turned into a shadow of his former self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

ozmunkeh posted:

how can you post this without the incredible sitcom intro they released to mark the occasion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11kfbc

THANK YOU