Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

Been reading about Yerdadşdik for a while now, exciting if true

What publications and/or websites have you been reading to check out Yerdadşdik, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
What’s Anderson up to these days?

about 20 stone

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
bare bones

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
He plays in the same position as mbappe though

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Roma needs some good transfers this summer, if only for their social media team to drop some bonkers announcement videos

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Gesundheit

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Kind of a shame Lamela is gone, would’ve been good drama to have 2 world class windup merchants on the same team

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

This seems like a painless thing to do

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Is Pepe on massive wages too, I’d assume so given how big his transfer fee was?

They’re going to have to take a massive loss on him.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Kieran Gibbs to Bayern confirmed

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Lots of speculation on Twitter about Barça making a big push for veteran Yermamsminge

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Gigi Galli posted:

Liverpool extending the contract one of their best players in decades that has led them to multiple trophies and has garnered piles of individual awards: lol Liverpool got owned what a oval office

:emptyquote:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Simiain posted:

Richarlison-Kane-Son the dirtiest front three in all of world football history? (Son is always diving, remember)

Now I’m gonna be thinking about Dirtiest All-Time XI.

But of an untraditional 3-5-2 formation and apologies for no code tags but I had a go:

quote:

GK: ?? Can’t think of one really
CB: Materazzi
CB: Pepe
CB: Sergio Ramos
CM: Felipe Melo
CM: Vinnie Jones
CM: Lee Cattermole
CM: Kevin Muscat
CM: Roy Keane
FW: Luis Suarez
FW: Diego Costa

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

trem_two posted:

the correct-est answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roWIYP5bGM0

e: lmao that this video is age restricted

lol, there are some horror tackles in that video

(Yes, that is the title of my sex tape)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

e: fuckin lmao there's no Souness

Yeah, good call. I was mostly going for players off the top of my head that I’d seen play/from last 25-30 years and Souness’s heyday as a leg-breaker was before I followed football.

This does prompt another good question, however - who would be the MANAGER of the Dirtiest XI…?

Souness? Mourinho? Simeone? Blackburn under Mark Hughes? Pulis? So many options.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Vinestalk posted:

Bolton under Allardyce and Birmingham under Alex McLeish felt way worse to watch than worm eater at burnley

I had thought about adding Allardycio due to his time at Bolton and Blackburn but my recollection must had been distorted by his more relatively cosmopolitan (for him) style of play his past few stints.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
What's especially weird to me is obviously Barça is no stranger to splashing the cash or signing big names - but this many players in the span of a +/- year, quite a few of which are coming from other big clubs and on free transfers i.e. their wages are going to be astronomical.

Like they clearly can't even pay De Jong or incredibly long-serving players/captain like Pique - how in the gently caress can they do with multiple international players?

e: getting sucked into reading through Transmarkt and among many others, lol'ing at them paying €40M for a lightly used Paulinho who Spurs had paid €12M for 2 seasons earlier as part of the Gary Bale windfall

sticksy fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 16, 2022

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

African AIDS cum posted:

Lol Man United are gonna buy a 5'9 center back

if you include Maguire's forehead, they average out to a 6'2" CB pairing

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Vegetable posted:

Lingard seems… better than Nottingham Forest. What happened here

It seems to be like there have been several players this transfer window who were banking on moving on to a bigger, better club on a free for massive wages and then...nobody really jumped at landing them?

Although it's been pretty clear for awhile that Di Maria was probably heading to Juve, same with Rudiger to RM, Christensen to Barca and Bale somewhere other than England or Spain, meanwhile others like Mbappe and Dembele ended up renewing while Dybala, and Lingard all seemed to eventually end up somewhere but it wasn't quite the massive clamor to land them as expected. Pogba unsurprisingly went back to Juve but at lower wages than he was making before because neither of the big Spanish teams were really in for him as he'd hoped.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hoping Arsenal buy him and Maddison and fire Xhaka into the sun OP.

Xhaka is the absolutely perfect player for modern Arsenal and I hope they never ever sell him because I will miss laughing at whatever bone-headed and needless things he does multiple times through the season to cost them valuable points

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
It’s probably pretty bad when Real Madrid look like they’ve been prudent and sober about their spending compared to you.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
This sure is wacky way to announce a new signing

https://twitter.com/burnleyofficial/status/1550510103656337409?s=21&t=WQI0A2BQbmzpZcS0KP6I5Q

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Paolo Di Canio account spotted

e: Lol, autocorrect changes “Paolo” to “apologies”

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

Would be bad if a club leveraged TV revenue and champions league money to cover obviously unsustainable spending on players. That would end badly, I think, for no particular reason

lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Vinestalk posted:

Please please please please

John Terry account spotted

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

it’s like when someone has too much debt so they just max out all their credit cards to do all the coke and hookers they can before shooting themselves

Leaving Las Vegas La Masia

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Leceister seem like they're going to sink without a trace this season

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Cup-tied

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I’m sure this is way out of date but with his recent transfer, celebrities should be wary

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sebzilla posted:

Noted former PL mediocrity Connor Wickham is attempting to find his level on loan at Forest Green Rovers. Hope he bangs in all the goals for us.

What happened with him - injuries, bought into his own hype, moved to a big(ger) club too soon? He was touted as such high potential and never really performed from what I recall.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Imaging a load of Barça players down at the local “we pay CASH for your car title TODAY” since they aren’t getting paid their actual wages

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

tristeham posted:

Rabiot is a mediocre player with huge wages and an insane mother/agent. i really hope they get him.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Any hot gossip about Jizz Horncamp’s move to Nonce Island?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

African AIDS cum posted:

Some Korean named Park should name their son The-Bus IMO

Alternatively do the double-barrel thing and marry someone with the surname “Life”

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

African AIDS cum posted:

he has a fat face from abusing corticosteroids

Turn on your monitor, op

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Vinestalk posted:

When United first signed Martial, he was electric. I remember thinking they signed a player that looked like a young Anelka or Henry and being real mad about it. He's stagnated so long and I think he's missed his chance to make the next step up. Fully expect to see him in a continental league within a season or two and performing well but not good enough to be in a big club.

Seems like an eventual signing for a big Turkish club

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Shitshow posted:

Because United’s scouting department is poo poo.

They probably didn't buy the latest version of Football Manager since Moyes left.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

I still measure all my transfers in andy carrolls

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Saw a rumor that Naby Keita is unhappy and wants a move to which I say ok sure, go ahead and leave next summer on a free.

He definitely has never lived up to his hype or price tag of 1.5x Carroll's, with so many false dawns and "maybe he's finally turned the corner" then an inevitable injury or something dumb. Probably best to move him on once there's more depth in midfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The 2nd one is clearly that they're idiotic children