Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

TheRat posted:

Yeah he might turn out to be a world beater, but 85 mil for a player with 1 season of elite football seems completely insane to me

I don't get this reasoning. It's 64m for a player with 1 season of elite football. If he's good enough to trigger the remaining 21m, the deal will have presumably been a sweeping success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Just Chamber posted:

Getting Haaland is nice and all but Arsenal have the title locked up because Marquinhos to Arsenal is a Done Deal

https://mobile.twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1536362836510879744?cxt=HHwWgMC9xYP3oNIqAAAA

other other Marquinhos

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Not sure how to feel about this. His performance might be worth 380k/week in the current market but it would massively undermine the wage structure and open the door to more wage renegotiations. 60M seems low though, unless they can somehow buy another young star for pennies.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Vinestalk posted:

Yeah, Corinthians were dogshit while he was playing and they got knocked out of Libertadores. He got the brunt of the blame, unfairly imo, and diehard Corinthian fans aren't known for giving hugs and kisses.

but the brazilians are such a happy and jovial people. samba life~

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I see Willian is already making friends with his teammates