Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Brass Hand posted:

Who might be in for Lewandowski if Bayern let him go? Big US payday?

Rumour mill is that he's specifically pushing for a Barca move and isn't really looking at other offers, but there's always a chance that's 4D chess to get Mbappe money elsewhere

Would be interesting if that meant that they'd look at offloading De Jong in order to free up funds, but it'd likely be much easier to take a loan from the mob that comes due two weeks into the next president's term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jose posted:

who came up with that expression? i assume it was big headed oval office FLJ

it was big headed oval office FLJ, a modern-day cassandra and hero for the children

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Is Ajax just being dissolved now that Ten Hag has left? It feels like the entire first team is in the process of being sold to someone else

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Drinkwater's apologised to the fans for his transfer not working out. Feels like we're a step away from players turning down deals because they don't think they're good enough to play for the new team

No Chelsea fan suffered as a result of you getting a fat wedge of Roman's money to go on loan a load of times and I'm reasonably sure no Chelsea fan is losing sleep over you continuing to not play for them. It's literally fine. You're allowed to enjoy the money

I think the implication/rumour is that he went full Paul Merson, and he's sad that he pissed away his chance at a big club by being Paul Merson rather than the pot apologising to the kettle for being poo poo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

What I've seen from United fans is that he's past it and they don't want any more Chelsailures, but for me he's only 31 and if he's available for sensible money I'd take him even just for depth

although tbh I'd sign Karl Henry at this point for the sake of having a loving midfield

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

glad that newcastle have new owners so now they can finally sign a bunch of shite players from the french league

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

updated noises from the united camp are that when rangnick said that united needed to sign ten players, he didn't mean now, he meant that united will probably sign at least ten players in the future

they're instead confident that ten hag can get improved performances out of the existing players, which is definitely not something that should remind you of the part in portal 2 where wheatley tries to get the boxes with legs to solve puzzles

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Has he actually dropped off that much? He's 32 and was decent enough for Spurs twelve months ago.

Feels more like he's reached the David Bentley point of having enough money (and European Cups) saved up to not give a poo poo about getting up first thing in the afternoon to go to training any more

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

UnderFreddy posted:

he was a not very good striker for 5 seasons in a row. He was so bad in his first season that Wenger immediately paid an even higher fee for Aubameyang in the Winter window

for all the talk about Pogba, it should be noted in arsenaldna.txt that Arsenal paid £180m for Lacazette, Aubameyang and Pepe, and ended up selling them for *checks notes* negative ten million pounds

:discourse:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

sourdough posted:

Is there a Pepe transfer to bold?

Anyway, Aubameyang and Lacazette were both good together on arsenal (this is matches they played together, and cause it's kinda confusing, that first "goals" column is goals where one of the two assisted the other)

Failing to sell your poorly performing, out of contract 31 and 33 year old forwards after they did well for the team isn't quite the same lol as letting your youth player go for free, paying €100 million to get him back, having him fail badly, and leave again on a free, but go off if that makes you feel better about pooshited

yeah, actually they were good, that's why we paid them to leave, because of how good they were

furthermore I'm glad we got rid because actually they were terrible, but also good

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jexner posted:

Who is taking bets on Martin Braithwaite leaving Barcelona?
More importantly does anyone think Barcelona can get him to leave with 2 years left on his biggest contract ever?

By the power of winston bogarde, anything is possible

Eric Cantonese posted:

Really? I thought he was good and getting better. They need all the younger players that are still on an upward trajectory that they can get.

My understanding is that they did the Griezmann thing again of spending stupid money on a marquee signing for a position they didn't need, and then got caremad that he didn't immediately pull the Copa del Rey out of he own rear end in a top hat for what they were paying him

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

he'd be coming in on a free, so I'd be more than happy with it as an option for depth with Mata and Matic no longer there, but on his own he wouldn't fill any of the gaps that we desperately need

not unless he can summon the spirit of Michael Carrick from the underworld

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

surprised at Forest looking to bring in Henderson, as I was under the impression that Brice Samba was one of their key players, based on the 3 (three) games of Championship-level football I watched last season (and one of which was Scotland vs Ukraine)

I'd expect him to be first-choice for England within the next few years, so it'd almost certainly be an upgrade, but still seems like kind of an odd play

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

You know you're old when all the young players are just regens

Gavi and Pedri, I'm looking at you

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Are loan players allowed to appear against their parent clubs in the CL?

Can't wait for a man Chelsea paid £100m for ten months ago to knock them out of Europe and then celebrate

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

pik_d posted:

Yeah, Courtois did for Atletico Madrid against Chelsea.

:getin:

i've seen the future and it's glorious

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Xabi posted:

What even is Lukaku’s level?

the one where you roll up all the farm animals to make a katamari

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

we'll always have fred

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

which is as much a threat as a promise

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Big Wayne to Hanging Around Waiting For Lampard To Get Sacked is a done deal

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/06/club-statement-240622

There was a strong suggestion that he'd stick around for a season in League One if the administrators could sort something out and it wouldn't just be another season as a dead club walking, so it sounds like the Portsmouth bell is tolling for thee

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jose posted:

You're thinking of Blackburn for both of these

ketchupcatsup.gif

but in italian

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1541811643704922112

holy poo poo son we actually bought a footballer

i don't even care if he's shite and dutch

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the feeling I've gotten from the fans is that Ten Hag has about as clear a run as anyone's ever going to get at United

it's one thing for a team that won the title to turn on David Moyes for not knowing what he's doing, but after last season he can basically replace the entire team with Dutch left-backs and everything's gravy

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

if he still wants to be paid £500k a week, that narrows down most of his options where a bald man won't ask him to run around a bit

maybe Eddie Howe has a plan

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

"I'm not sure we can do a deal for that price, I'll have to go run it by my manager"

- Joan Laporta, immediately before going into a room on his own for five minutes to look at pictures of asses on instagram

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

tbp posted:

can chelsea afford ronalds wages without roman

you're looking at around £25m for one year, so tbf forest could probably afford him in principle if it came to it

but all the other players would break into the chairman's office and tear him apart like the priest in game of thrones

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

No that's Bryan Adams. Brian Adams is from Hawaii

poor crush

he's dead now

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

eat your backup left-back and be happy

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

it's levers all the way down

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

tbp posted:

i maintain that the miss vs lyon is legitimately the worst i've ever seen given the quality of chance and moment necessary

somewhere chris iwelumo is awakening from his slumber

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

that fukken shirt jesus christ lol

if you stare at it long enough you'll see a sailboat

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Paperhouse posted:

how the gently caress are Barca still making signings like that lmao

'levers' is their euphemism for mortgaging everything on the board for the next 50 years to build a hotel on old kent road

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

you'd think that not being able to work saturdays would hamper you as a professional footballer

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Paperhouse posted:

I wonder if he is just stalling over the money owed and wouldn't mind going, or actually really wants to stay. lol at the prospect of going to United being worse than playing for a club that tried to steal millions of euros from you

the suggestions I've seen seem to be that

"nice leedsman you just signed, sure would be a shame if you couldn't register him because I sat out the remainder of my contract at winston bogarde's house"

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

doing the somali pirate / tom hanks bit but I'm in an ajax shirt

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

phwoar

I can't believe Newcastle might be getting *checks wikipedia* a striker who scored five goals in the austrian bundesliga last year

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

Imagine giving Jesse Lingard nearly 200k a week. I'm sure that wont cause any issues in the dressing room when he's on like 10x more wages than most of the other players.

it looks like he's on a one-year deal so they're just going to wink and bundle two-thirds of the money in signing/loyalty fees

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Hegay posted:

Madrid had been prudent and sober about their spending compared to every big club over the past ten years so bad point

are madrid not launching a court case in france because PSG wouldn't sell them Mbappe for 200m euro

presumably it is a prudent and sober lawsuit

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

A left footed Argentine center back, what could go wrong?

as long as he doesn't grow his hair out, the old magic says that taters will remain dormant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

sebzilla posted:

They're going to underflow their bank balance and end up 512 billion in the black. Genius.

our words are backed with ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI