Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

who came up with that expression? i assume it was big headed oval office FLJ

It was in the Weekend Web thread, I think. So none of us, thankfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ahh ok, lol. That's even funnier.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I found this searching through to Weekend Web thread for it

quote:

Mata is a good signing, but he will never replace januzaj hopefully we don't sign mata, because zaha needs gameplay before he stars in the worlds cup this year zaha and januzaj the new ronaldo and messi by next season

quote:

sometimes marvel at just how thick the English football masses are. they glory in the no-nonsense, hard-tackling, "get rid" enforcer at the back or in midfield, right from early age football to the top. Then they wonder why they can't produce technically gifted players like Spain, Brazil, Belgium, Argentina or Holland. Newsflash guys, it's because of fellas like Silva, Neymar, Januzaj, Messi or Robben had spent the first decade of their footballing lives listening to neanderthals being praised for landing them on their arses, it's highly unlikely they'd still be playing football today. It's even less likely they'd have been able to develop to the standards they have reached.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Good luck to him. He's been fantastic but at least one of the original front three was going to leave this summer considering their ages, contracts and how well Jota and Diaz have been doing. Don't know if Carvalho is ready yet, but should be able to deputise.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

TheRat posted:

The first time he wanted a contract and Ferguson told him and Raiola to gently caress the gently caress off.

What fee did they get?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

sassassin posted:

It took Pele to stop us last time we were at a World Cup. Realistically who is up to his level in the modern game?

All of the Americans, if some posters are to be believed.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Chas McGill posted:

De Jong didn't seem that good at Barca, though admittedly Barca have been shite. He never seemed like the player to inspire them.

Sounds like a perfect fit for Mancchester United.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Obviously, they've been terribly run and haven't been looking to the future for ages, but realistically how are they not hosed by selling off future TV rights? Is this purely to keep them afloat in the short term and they'll be in bigger trouble down the line or do they have any sort of plan to raise money by selling off naming rights or the training ground or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Sky say this is a loan.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12686690/arthur-melo-liverpool-in-loan-talks-for-juventus-midfielder-on-transfer-deadline-day