Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Casimero is gonna be like gently caress when he realizes he isn't partnered with Kroos and Modric anymore and has the United scrubs to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Vegetable posted:

Who will Madrid play instead of Casemiro? Do they have a defensive midfielder type already?

tchouameni is a very high prospect who will be great for them in all likelihood.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Maybe Varane will be good now with his DM buddy in front of him.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Saka will sign a new Arsenal deal I am pretty positive. He just wants that big payday and Arsenal are waiting to see how little they can convince him to take. He also hasn't done much this season so far, so a dip in form might work out well for them in contract talks.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

sticksy posted:

Saka is pretty good but I don't think pacy winger is a high priority for Liverpool given their ancient and creaky central midfield

Also, not to mention... Arsenal are going to want like £70-80 for him if they can't come to a deal if they are forced to sell to a PL rival. English tax, and yeah selling to a rival. If they have to move him they will be wanting to sell to a big club abroad or they are going to want a really high fee.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsenal will be in the top 4.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

I thought Arsenal wanted him? With the Neto deal now not likely to happen.. I wonder why they didn't get this guy.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
People are saying Arsenal should sign out of contract Austrian Florian Grillitsch to fill the CM/DM hole as a stop gap. I don't know poo poo about him, as usual.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I hope Chelsea go the way of United and start to make terrible transfer decisions constantly for the next decade.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
How are Ajax always gutted and always still good.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

TyrantWD posted:

Without another CM coming in, I think top 4 is gone. We would be forced to play Sambi twice a week until the World Cup.

They'll play Ben White there I reckon. It'll be ok.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It's not really a meltdown they're valid concerns. Arsenal's depth is woeful. You may have brought in players but you've also let players leave, it's not like you've relegated first teamers from last season to squad rotation. Last season you had your hands on 4th with games in hand twice iirc, and without European games to worry about still didn't manage it. Now there's no improvement in depth and you've got Thursday/Sundays coming up with the Europa League as well as the League Cup fixtures starting up, in a season that's going to have a stupid schedule anyway because of the world cup.

The good league start against relegation fodder and lower mid table teams has helped throw a towel over the fact that Arsenal could end up in trouble come Christmas.

They have plenty of depth to rotate players. This take sucks. Another winger would have been nice and yes they do need another Central midfielder but it didn't happen. They will make due.

They let players go that they weren't even using at all last time around except for lacazette so I don't get your point at all.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

hadji murad posted:

This time, this time Arsenal will be different. Forget the last 18 years of dreck. This year it will all come together.

Stfu

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Martinelli can play striker if called upon, I have no big doubts.

Exactly... Arsenal aren't Man City and are years away from coming close to those heights if they do mostly right from now on... Anyone seriously talking about Arsenal competing for the title is diluted. They will however compete for top 4 and likely get it in my eyes. Spurs are being talked too highly of and have looked pretty lovely, Chelsea look lost as gently caress, United have stopped the bleeding but still tons of question marks, and Liverpool also look an a major injury or two away from full on crisis.

I like the approach to not buy for the sake of buying from panicking, and instead trusting what you have will do well as long as you have a bit of luck with injuries, and making the moves when they seem right. Even if Arsenal create an amazing squad in the coming years who knows how long it will last, they clearly won't be paying the wages the biggest clubs will offer or paying the highest transfer fees so you have to be hyper aware of smart purchases and have some luck fall your way instead of throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsenal will rotate for the Europa League as we expect. They can bring in a good player or two in January if needed.

They may have a big meltdown and all, but they already seem so much better in the last two seasons than they ever were once they fell out of the Champions League.

Whining about squad players when they're 5 games in and perfect, and all the doom and gloom narrative can get hosed for now.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 2, 2022