Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

A singular ham chunk among the monstrosity of fries

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Posted on my local Yelp in a review for a Jefferson Fry Company location that just opened

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

are those boiled in hot piss

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

PokeJoe posted:

are those boiled in hot piss

Judging by the bare foot I’m gonna say yes

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I'm going to rank french fries #7 overall.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Chinatown posted:

mayo as a fry condiment is not only acceptable but actually very good

BICTHC

I don't even over like mayo usually. But yeah, far superior to ketchup as a fry condiment.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
OP is a dipshit with bad opinions. I am too though so I will not be sharing my French fry rankings.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Bismack Billabongo posted:

OP is a dipshit with bad opinions. I am too though so I will not be sharing my French fry rankings.

coward. be a dipshit in public

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

halokiller posted:

I pity those who don't have a Potato Corner

Daaaaamn

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm now seeing crinkle cut steak fries being called jojos

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

So I'm now seeing crinkle cut steak fries being called jojos

JoJo's Bizzarre Nomenclature

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

oh wait a minute. i looked up jojos and apparently they're heavily coated in flour before deep frying? i loving love these, a local fried chicken place (mary browns) does wedges like these and they're amazing dunked in gravy

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Waffle fries 4 life

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
McDonalds fries do belong on the top of the list — it's the one thing they make that's edible. But who the hell goes to Popeye's and gets fries instead of literally any other side they offer — all of which except green beans are overwhelmingly better than their fries. How do you say no to Popeye's red beans & rice? Mac & cheese? Mashed potatoes with Cajun gravy? They should just remove fries from their menu altogether.

Chick-Fil-A waffle fries and Freddy's skinny fries are right below McD's. Everything else is pretty bad.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

actually i'm switching my vote to put "jojos" (still uncomfortable saying that but i'm beginning to understand) solidly in the #1 position

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

eating w/ gravy is mandatory for jojos tho

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Mac and cheese is a universally bad side. The dish can be good but at restaurants it's always been in a steam table for 3 hours and the noodles have lose all semblance of texture. it needs to get the same respect as any other pasta dish to be good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

JoJos may he a notable exception to the steak fry being bad, I haven't eaten enough of them to solidly rank them

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lincoln posted:

McDonalds fries do belong on the top of the list — it's the one thing they make that's edible.

I don't even own a TV dinner

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Traxis posted:

I want to try duck fat fries

Whaaat kid how have you never had duck fat fries

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

The Bloop posted:

I don't even own a TV dinner

Pro-tip: if you're ever at McDonalds against your will, get the Filet-O-Fish. They rarely have any ready to go, so you end up with a freshly-made sandwich right out of the fryer. Fridays during Lent is the exception, but hell if you're eating fast-food fish on purpose, you should get the spicy flounder sandwich at Popeye's. Best fish sandwich in the business. Man, I love Popeye's.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Would eat with no regrets. I'd even lick the trash can that Guy Fieri dumped them out of.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Posted on my local Yelp in a review for a Jefferson Fry Company location that just opened

Ah, I see they got Doobie's Cola fry recipe

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

500excf type r posted:

the alternative fast food french fry (ALT F4) combo would be taco bells nacho fries which arent bad

I've had Taco Bell fries maybe 3 times and every single time they were...... floppy. Like, hold it horizontally and it'll bend down 90 degrees.

Terrible.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

halokiller posted:

I pity those who don't have a Potato Corner

So this place now calls chips jojos and not the potato wedges like everyone in here was posting.

So many conflicting names! :psyduck:

Chinatown posted:

mayo as a fry condiment is not only acceptable but actually very good

BICTHC

:hmmyes:

Culver's literally had a giant mayo dispenser just like the ketchup and mustard ones. I didn't see it when I went last time. Maybe they pulled them because of a pandemic thing. :(

Yeah I'd love to play Jenga with my meal that will topple over and spill all over the place and me.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 24, 2022

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
My favorite JoJos are made in gas stations in rural Maine under the Chester's fried chicken brand name

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
S-Tier: Tater Tots, Hash Browns, Loaded Fries/Poutine, Belgian Fries with sauce
A-Tier: Waffle Fries, Curly Fries, Seasoned Fries, Loaded Baked Potato
B-Tier: JoJo's, Steak Fries, Crinkle Cut
C: Tier: Shoestring Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Five Guys type fries
D: Tier: Home Fries, Wedges, Baked Potato

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

chainchompz posted:

Waffle fries 4 life

:hfive:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Battered/coated fries only.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Lincoln posted:

McDonalds fries do belong on the top of the list — it's the one thing they make that's edible…

Yeah I know self-quoting is bad form, but I was incorrect. McDonald’s breakfast options are top-tier, and their “hash browns” are insanely good. They’re like huge, flat tater tots, and I’ll eat it in two bites because I’m terrible.

I ate breakfast there with a vegetarian friend and he ordered eight hash browns and a Coke.

I seem to remember about a year ago McD’s started serving breakfast all day. I don’t know what happened to that.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
McDonalds fries are the best fries but Poutine is the superior way to eat fries, which is terrible with McDs fries.

In short life is a conundrum

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

McDonalds fries are only decent if they're dipped in their sweet and sour sauce.

Burger king actually had pretty alright fries, but they went all to hell a long while back, and plus who isn't getting their 'onion rings' anyway

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I did all the work, hell yes I'm posting my Fast Food Fries Magnum Opus from the goldmine

Back when I was an ambitious attention whore who still had the will to live

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913887

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Spinz posted:

I did all the work, hell yes I'm posting my Fast Food Fries Magnum Opus from the goldmine

lol jesus christ Spinz, I dunno how I ever missed this but nice work

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Two local places have some bomb-rear end fries: Pat’s Chili Dogs and Eegee’s.

Pat’s are these stringy, greasy, thin-cut things that don’t look very appetizing, but sweet loving Jesus are they amazing. A small fry can feed two people, and a medium fry can feed three or more. You get ‘em in a bag that soaks all the oil through and turns it transparent. Eegee’s are just really drat good crinkle-cut fries.

As far as chains go, Weinerschnizel’s chili and cheese fries are heavenly.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Big Beef City posted:

lol jesus christ Spinz, I dunno how I ever missed this but nice work

Thank you!
This is the post by which I long to be judged in this life

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Spinz posted:

This is the thread with Hitler fry, right?

e: ya that’s it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
one thing i like is when the Philly place in the mall food court has the cups of fries and then the malt vinegar for addition to the fries :frogbon: