Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Omg I'm in the OP *freaks out*

But for real I am going to Origins for the first time and need gaming / drinking buddies. I go to Gen Con every year but don't really hang with goons because I have so many off-forum friends there. That's my only frame of reference for a game con and I'm already confused by the events list. The only ticket I got was Pint & Play so sign up for that with me thanks.

I live in TX now and could go to BGG Con if I had any idea what happened there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

If anyone is going to Origins this week DM me so I have someone to play games with!

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Funzo posted:

I should put in a plug for Adepticon, although it's very much a minis and war game con, with very little RPG or board game presence.
https://www.adepticon.org/
There are also world-class hobby painters giving classes every year if that's more your thing (it's the main reason I go now.) It's the same weekend as Gary Con again next year, which may make it a non-starter for some people, but they aim at pretty different groups.

I really want to go to Adepticon some day but my commitment to mini games really waxes and wanes. Hard to justify if I'm not deep in a game. :/

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I'm going to Magic Con Chicago at the end of February if anyone else is going to be there!