Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I miss gaming conventions so much. When I'm comfortable traveling again I'm going to so many of them.

I'm in Socal and we have surprising lack of good tabletop game conventions.

LA specifically has Strategicon which is a smallish convention that takes place three times a year (it used to be three separate conventions) at a hotel near LAX the next one is this weekend but I'm not attending.

Strategicon - Gamex May 27-30 2022
Strategicon - Gateway September 2-5 2022
Strategicon - Orccon Feb 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

Is the existence of only 12 events for Strategicon in September indicative of its size or is that just because events trickle in constantly until the event happens?

It really is weird that gaming conventions on the West Coast in general are not bigger. This must have something to do with wargaming falling into the category of "winter activity"

I think it's more that the last event was only a week ago so they've only started getting things rolling for the next one.
Strateticon might not be that small actually, I don't have a great point of reference, The only tabletop exclusive cons I've been to in the last 20 years were Gencon and Origins. It's smaller than the regional sci-fi conventions I attended in the Pacific NW and Arizona, but those were general shows for a lot more than games.

I've heard a few times the theory that tabletop gaming is most popular in the midwest because they have snowy winters when indoor activities are a necessity.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

theironjef posted:

I'll be at ECCC (Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle) at the end of February hosting a couple of events related to my RPG adjacent book series. I'm from San Diego, so any con that isn't an overstuffed hell pile of lines that just lead to other lines is a refreshing delight.

I just recently moved back to Seattle, does ECCC have much of Tabletop Gaming programing?