Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I should put in a plug for Adepticon, although it's very much a minis and war game con, with very little RPG or board game presence.
https://www.adepticon.org/
There are also world-class hobby painters giving classes every year if that's more your thing (it's the main reason I go now.) It's the same weekend as Gary Con again next year, which may make it a non-starter for some people, but they aim at pretty different groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Almost forgot, I wanted to second the recommendation for GameHole Con. It's a great local con that has a solid board game presence, and hits way above its weight for D&D Adventure League events. They usually have a long list of industry special guests too

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Dr. Quarex posted:

Just be like me and have basically no interest in gaming!!! Wait, that sounds strange. I realize not every convention is an inherently fun environment if you are not primarily there to do some gaming. Has anyone here actually been to AdeptiCon to know whether it has a good vibe? Well, and recently I guess, as clearly Nesbit37 likes it but also has sworn an oath of vengeance against that first-place tournament finisher

I was at Adepticon this year. I barely touched any games and spent my time in hobby classes and walking around the dealer hall. You can absolutely have a good time without being into the gaming side, although if you don't enjoy the game side and also don't enjoy the hobby side there might not be much for you to really do.