Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I am also a big glasses enjoyer! My best ones are my sunglasses:

I also like to lay down on nets suspended several storeys in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I am also a big glasses enjoyer! My best ones are my sunglasses:

I also like to lay down on nets suspended several storeys in the air.

Is that the city museum?

E: and thank, Happy Landfill! It was so anxious making and I’m thrilled about it.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I still cant get over how normal yall look. wheres the guys with swords and anime pillows in the background. where are the people with desks that look like disaster zones.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Windows 98 posted:

I still cant get over how normal yall look. wheres the guys with swords and anime pillows in the background. where are the people with desks that look like disaster zones.

Be the change you want to see.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Grey Cat posted:

Droogie posted:

We've come full circle, and I've yet to see one person with an anime pillow.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Windows 98 posted:

Everyone grew up

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Grey Cat posted:

We've come full circle, and I've yet to see one person with an anime pillow.

Each day we stray farther from god's light

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Windows 98 posted:

hey

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tbf, you haven't shown us your desk yet so....

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Windows 98 posted:

Half empty bottle of cheap vodka in the background, underpants and belt on the floor, just up out of bed with greasy hair and untrimmed beard and eyebrows. Wearing a Sonic shirt a couple X's too small my sister got me for my birthday years ago. Next time I have a major bender I'll show you the aftermath. This is nothng.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Literally A Person posted:

Tbf, you haven't shown us your desk yet so....

just set it up today

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Windows 98 posted:

https://awfulyearbook.com/

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

just set it up today

Jel of the cactus/headphones combo. Powerful af.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

just set it up today

i really want one of those cat headphones but I'm scared they will sound not good

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Space Kablooey posted:

i really want one of those cat headphones but I'm scared they will sound not good

they're great. I got them half off on sale. only downsides are they're a little heavy and the razer software kinda sucks

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Space Kablooey posted:

Just make your own.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just make your own.

nah my hyperx cloud is starting to fall apart and i was looking into new ones anyway

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Is that the city museum?

Malahat Skywalk! It's on Vancouver Island.

It has a slide you can ride all the way to the bottom.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

is there an escalator to the top? if no i'm out

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

been looking at a lot of old photos to save them, and dear high school me, you rocked the look you were going for, but you didn't look nearly as cool as you thought

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Did we learn nothing from the Vessel in NY?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

been looking at a lot of old photos to save them, and dear high school me, you rocked the look you were going for, but you didn't look nearly as cool as you thought

I instinctively barked at my screen: "Pull your pants up young man!"

I really am becoming my mother.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
today i learned a cool hack where you hide behind your desk so no one can find you and make you do your job

in this case "my job" was being told increasingly difficult riddles by a client, and like goddammit i am not smart enough for that poo poo

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

It’s hot out and now the beagle is dead

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Have you tried poking it with a stick or your finger?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i really liked this generally anonymous family beach photo from earlier this summer.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Sitting Here posted:

today i learned a cool hack where you hide behind your desk so no one can find you and make you do your job

in this case "my job" was being told increasingly difficult riddles by a client, and like goddammit i am not smart enough for that poo poo

great technique

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

This beagle is pointing to magnetic north. They instinctively know where the snow is when it's this hot.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sitting Here posted:

I also like "diving into the bushes to hide until they leave." But I'm pretty outdoorsy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sitting Here posted:

If you failed the riddles three would you be sucked back into your ancient puzzle box?

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If you failed the riddles three would you be sucked back into your ancient puzzle box?

i am the wimpiest cenobite yeah

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

"There is a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like a very light papercut where there's no blood but you still make that hissing sound because it could have kind of hurt for a little bit"

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Should we see the other guy or did you lose a fight with a condiment?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

maybealabia posted:

Should we see the other guy or did you lose a fight with a condiment?

You know what? I wanted to post it as a warning about the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse. I have been drinking tonight, otherwise I wouildn't have posted it. Alcohol removes inhibitions, like your ability to keep things private. Fuckit, here goes:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the thread is now talking about rock bottom. I think I still have a way to go yet because I still have a roof over my head. For now.

I got invovled with a very bad crowd of people. Long story short, I tried to beat alcoholism but stressful circumstances made me tempted. I found out about a local guy who was growing weed so I tried that instead. It was not a good idea because when the supply dried up I went back to alcohol.

Weed is illegal here and the biggest dealers are criminal gangs who deal in everything, they maybe even buy and sell people.

My weed dealing friend got in too deep. He has ripped off dangerous people. A few days ago a van pulled up outside my home and two guys came out of it looking for him. He was hiding in the bathroom. I told them he wasn't there. When I walked back into the living room one of them had his arm through the window and was pulling the curtain back. He spotted my friend and immediately rushed to the door. I got there first and closed the deadbolt.

Several days later two other guys came. My door was unlocked and they just walked in. They were masked and armed. I'm not sure what they were armed with but it was thicker and heavier than a brush shaft but not as thick/heavy as a baseball bat.

"Where is the boy? He owes us money."
"He's not here." - that was all I could say before I was whacked in the face twice or maybe three times. It was all a blur. I shoved them out and bolted the door again.

It's true, he was not there but my almost 70 year old aunt and sister had come to visit and were sitting in the kitchen. I dread to think what could have happened to them if I wasn't there.

My weed dealing former friend couldn't stop with weed. He was selling pills next, things I've never heard of like pregabalin and lyrica. He started dabbling with crystal meth and selling it. He even had me snorting meth for a while. I let him and his girlfriend stay with me for a month. I sheltered him when even his own brother and father wouldn't - they had armed men appearing at their homes looking for him too. I have since learned that he may have informed people he was staying at my place again to try and give the slip to the people looking for him.

All this has given me a lot to think about. What sort of 'friend' would let someone with a history of substance abuse try crystal meth? All the warning signs were there, people tried to tell me and I didn't listen. I'm not the first person he has done this to. The last guy who sheltered him had pipe bombs left outside his house.

I figured my downward spiral was only hurting myself. Bystanders could be getting hurt too.

I remember him showing up here so drunk he was barely fit to stand, with his screaming girlfriend and her meth addicted schizophrenic friend in tow. I took him to the spare room to try and get him to sleep. He was crying, put his head on my lap and told me I was his only friend.

Yeah, I was.

I never want to see him again.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Sorry for inflicting that on what should be a nice happy thread.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

It was supposed to be my warning about how cannabis is dangerous because of what it can lead you into. I know most people on these forums are all 'Yay, weed is legal now!!!'. So is alcohol but some people are just using mind altering substances to escape. You can overindulge in anything too much. Especially if you are using it too escape from reality.

I grew up in a bar and liqour store run by a by my dry drunk physically abusive dad.

I don't want to say any more.

If you can drink 2 glasses of wine and forget about it for week, fine. If you find yourself opening a bottle and drinking it in the space of an hour and go looking for more? - stay the gently caress away from any recreational substances.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Windows 98 posted:

Better?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Every DARE officer creaming their pants right now like "I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU THIS IS WHAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN IF YOU SMOKED WEED!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Valko posted:

Sorry for inflicting that on what should be a nice happy thread.

My guy, shouldn't apologize for reaching out for a human connection. These dead forums may not have your solution, but at least we can listen. Maybe someone here is nearby and might help, maybe you just get roasted, maybe you just get to vent, but heavy poo poo always takes precedent over light poo poo. Worrying about imposing negativity will just keep you from seeking help.

Also, you gotta lose that "friend." Friends don't send armed drug dealers to their friend's house. May not be melee weapons next time.