Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!
Was chatting with an old Army buddy, snapped this, so I guess I'll share with my fellow goons.

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY JOURNEYMAN SIGSMITH Dick Fontaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Who'd win in a fight, Lemmy or God?

Trick question, God is dead.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Sir Nose posted:

Took this pic at Forest Lawn Cemetery last month. :smith:

RIP God

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

The Groversub discussion has given me life and made several stressful days fly by. Here's a good moment between IT conundrums.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Valko posted:

I was going to say it's good to see new faces but you've both posted a couple of times before.

I've posted since 2009 and lurked since 2002. I've been around, my friend!

When I started posting I looked more like this (circa 2010):

And for good measure, circa 2001-2002 when I found SA. These forums are OLLLLDDDD.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 7, 2023

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Valko posted:

Argh. This reminds me of some actor but I can't say who. It's not Ryan Philippe/Reynolds but someone similar. This is going to be annoying me all night.

Gosling? Never been accused of that before.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Valko posted:

No, that's not it and I just figured it out.

You're Chris Pine!

Eh, I'll take it.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Boss caught me loading 100 gb of flacs onto my msata modded iPod after hours.

The iPod is chilling on a frozen washcloth to keep it cool, as even with the thermal paste inside, it would go into periodic shutdowns, which I'm 90% sure were due to overheating.

Bit of a FrankenPod. Has parts from three iPods, a giant battery, and a 240GB MSATA, which is about as much as you can do before shuffle doesn't work correctly.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 15, 2023

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Hackers film 1995 posted:

yeah my boss caught me fram hacking the gibson after hours but i freeked his modded datagig so i got that leverage over them. fimmywag. for real though i thought i was the last dude out there rockin the ipod. i get poo poo for it all of the time haha.

just wanted to chime in again to say everyone looks good/cool. love seeing new (to me?) posters itt

here i took a poorly lit selfie with my cousin who wasnt feeling well

I have a Zune and a Samsung YP-Q2 as well. The Zune is hot garbage if you're a Linux user though, and it seems like there's no good way to untether from the old Zune software either.

I also get a lot of mileage from my cassette player.

Your cousin has a decent beard.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 15, 2023

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Hackers film 1995 posted:

sick. i had so many great tapes and so many tape players but my parents got rid of all it in the early 2000s! now its cool again

It is nice to make mixtapes off youtube or tape podcasts and play em in areas with poor cell service or when it gets too hot for my electronics to do anything without going into overheat protection.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 15, 2023

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Windows 98 posted:

I still cant get over how normal yall look. wheres the guys with swords and anime pillows in the background. where are the people with desks that look like disaster zones.

Better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Valko posted:

Sorry for inflicting that on what should be a nice happy thread.

My guy, shouldn't apologize for reaching out for a human connection. These dead forums may not have your solution, but at least we can listen. Maybe someone here is nearby and might help, maybe you just get roasted, maybe you just get to vent, but heavy poo poo always takes precedent over light poo poo. Worrying about imposing negativity will just keep you from seeking help.

Also, you gotta lose that "friend." Friends don't send armed drug dealers to their friend's house. May not be melee weapons next time.