Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's almost Summer and it's 50F out. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'll take 90F over 50F any day. I know that's an unpopular opinion.

I love the heat and I'm in one of the coldest places in the US.

Literally A Person posted:

You look so displeased!

I very much am.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I lived in Seattle for about 6-7 years. I loved that area and the summers were nice and the winters were relatively mild and rarely got below freezing but the cloud cover really did a number on my mental health.

blight rhino posted:

I'm all about spreading my ugly mug around, but are there really two threads for this now?

The other thread was closed and this was was opened. :)

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 24, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

edit: a selfie photoshop thread would be funny but I don't know how to photoshop and it could backfire quickly

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Valko posted:

I have never said this to another man (or to woman, now that I think about it) but you have beautiful eyes.

I'm glad I scrolled down because I was going to say the same thing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
One of the first really warm days of the year. It only took to be close to summer since we blazed past spring. Just got back from Milwaukee and had the best fried cheese curds in my entire life.

edit: I wear a lot of flannel/plaid/whatever.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
20 years ago today I was at MCRD San Diego. USMC boot camp.

I wasn't a fan.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: that was a bit much lol, but yeah I was in for a little bit

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 2, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TheMostFrench posted:

An open mic comedy club I go to have hired an amazing photographer and now I'm just madly in love with these pictures of myself doing a thing.

This is awesome and I'm happy for you! I'd ask your name or if you had youtube content but I don't really want to doxx you.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Hello from the car I do all my rants in. Today’s was a good one: the housing market and how I’ll be renting forever and ever.

What are your thoughts on immigration?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Literally A Person posted:

For the selfie mines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt138vdsVIc

Judge lightly. I am just learning.

E: also...uh....didn't realize I make a silly face when I drum so there's that there

That was fantastic. I wish I could play like that. I should get a drum set.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sitting Here posted:

I love how this thread has also turned into a low-key "look what I can do!" space :kimchi: this is really cool, gj

https://i.imgur.com/UR2cnpz.mp4

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sid Vicious posted:

*ike voice* dont bite the baby

swear to god I was thinking the same thing lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wanted to take a nice pic with Pennywise but he didn't want to cooperate. He LOOOOOVVVVEEEESSSS biting my beard. It's really painful because he literally bites and then pulls. Every single time. So I have to be aware and push his face away.

Well I ended up getting a blurry action shot of him trying to attack my goatee.

edit: I like this pic a whole lot, I look really happy. :unsmith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Aesop Poprock posted:

I would not volunteer to babysit for this beast

Oh you'd be surprised. I promise you that if you walked into my house he would be all over you in less than 5 minutes. He is the most loving animal I've ever had in my entire life. He loves everyone and loves attention and loves cuddling.

He may uh... disturb your sleep though if you're sleeping on my couch. I don't allow him to sleep in my bedroom for a reason. Not anymore. I've learned my lesson.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well honestly he'll probably sleep directly on your chest or wedge himself between your legs and the back of the couch. He'd probably move around a bit and crawl over you some. But he's settled down quite a bit lately which has been absolutely wonderful. He's about 9 months old now. Destroying less stuff for the most part.

You'd probably make it through the night just fine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I hate what GBS has become

Oh I see. You wanna test your might against sleeping with Penny?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Are you coming on to me?

I'll buy you a plane ticket. Whatever happens after you get here..... you know.... it happens. We're just two guys screwin' around and having fun. Who knows where that will lead?!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I hate what GBS has become

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wow, I thought this would have been a Gene probe.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like the video games and all and I really like the universe because it's so over the top extreme religious fascism. However, I'm pretty sure people uh.... take it a little more seriously.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

sid, don't take this the wrong way, you always look like you've seen the coolest thing ever

I send him pic of myself every day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i hate bagpipes.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hackers film 1995 posted:

with all the blurring it took me a minute to see there was a 3rd person in the photo.

:lol:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hey Penny! That's a great view you have there! How'd you get it?!

PEEEENNNNYYYYYYYY!!! :argh: Also don't judge the plastic on my windows, I have to replace them very very badly. They're probably over 50 years old.

Bonus shot of me running into one of my local representatives at the bar on my block. At like, 3pm or so lol. Yes he was having a beer. He's a really good guy and is the rep at that bar but across the street where I live I have another rep (that I talk to sometimes). I had to talk politics with him and we're on the same board, of course.

I didn't recognize him at first, he was sitting right next to me and my friend. I had to pull up his FB to find a pic of him to make sure.

Conveniently I was wearing my Wiskullsin shirt. Looks like this.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 14, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I bump into my town’s mayor all the time but he’s a former cop so he always has an attitude.

I will give him credit where it’s due though. My town had and continues to have the lowest Covid rates in the state because he took it seriously and didn’t listen to the chuds.

That's actually pretty impressive. Especially from a former cop.

Maybe in 2019 or so I met our mayor and Lt. Gov of WI Mandela Barnes. It was a local presentation about gerrymandering at the municipal building and maybe 20ish people were there. Great guy and now he's running against Ron Johnson who is probably one of the top 5 worst senators in the United States. I don't think the mayor is very popular now due to how he handled the 2020 riots/murders that happened here.

A popular local business owner for decades and dear family friend (RIP) and my dad were in a 2 piece band for like 40 years so when I bring up the family friend, local politicians usually recognize my dad. The friend played drums and my dad, to his great credit, played guitar, lead singing, AND bass pedals all at the same time. No way I could do that.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 15, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I hate you. You're the sexiest firefighter I've seen and that makes me jealous because I wasn't.

edit: jk! :glomp:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hackers film 1995 posted:

those people were obviously joking because this look is cool as hell.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Penny has been a bit bad lately. Tore down one of my blinds on my front windows. I need to replace all of my windows anyway but that'd probably be thousands of dollars.

He's just too :3: though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
He's crafty.

Like me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Light Gun Man posted:

i dunno how well this low-effort grocery store photo illustrates it but i've lost about 100 pounds since last year

:peanut:

I'm happy for you. That poo poo isn't easy. :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have blue eyes and am actually happy about them. Girls used to like them when I was younger. :)

Now they're probably bloodshot and droopy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Aesop Poprock posted:

They're probably fine. I think it's a gradual process as you get older where your body just starts eating your eyes. Mine used to be huge

Yep. They were really big and out there, not like grave's disease (sorry for those people) but they were very noticeable. Now they're behind fat and puffy eyelids. Guess that's what getting older is!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
2017 according to the photo date

About 5 minutes ago. But I guess to be fair, that first one was in a coffee shop during the day and right now I have a single "soft" light on in my living room at 11pm. And I haven't shaved in a while. Way overdue.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 25, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Nice job. I would have broken something.

I'm too lazy to take a pic but I'm wearing this shirt. It's just Wisconsin slang sort of.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My mom has been telling me to do this for a while but she sent a pic of Penny into the newspaper and today they printed it!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mactheknife posted:

i like that the folks at the kenosha news had to explain "It"

I'm not aware of anyone my age who gets the newspaper so it's mostly old people who probably think Stephen King is too violent.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
At my parent's house the deer eat the apples that fall off the trees.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Deer are a pest in WI and we absolutely need our hunting season. They kill people all the time on the roads and chronic wasting disease (for them) is terrible. Our deer hunting season is only 9 days and hunters get around 175,000 (at least last year which was down 8% from 2020).

I'm all about conservation even if it involves killing game. Sometimes it needs to be done.

edit: I always wanted to hunt with my dad when I was a kid but he kept constantly blowing it off after many promises. I'm actually glad. I couldn't kill anything. I'm a pussy.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 6, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This isn't me but my nephew passed out on my couch and Penny had to get up there.

This pic is just so :3: to me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So my friend and I went to the Rage and RTJ concert last night. We had to wait a in 3 mile line to get in just to park. So we got there right when everything started and there still was like a half mile walk through rolling hills on a street. We had to tailgate for a tad because the beers there are $13.75. We ended up missing RTJ entirely because they had a really short set.

The venue is really popular but I was not a fan. The place holds 37,000 people and it was full. I am NOT used to being around so many people so it was a bit nerve wracking. But everyone was very nice. I paid a whole lot more money to get actual seats and I'm glad. The lawn was crazy.

The terrain was so hosed. Like hardly any flat areas. The whole main area where you buy everything was on a huge slant and I almost fell many many times. This isn't the best pic to represent it but you can see that I'm standing like 30 feet away from that stand and the people are a few feet below me. And that's the best terrain in the place. It's just hill after hill. In fact you could buy lawn seats and still not be able to see show at all from what I could see due to a huge ridge before all of the seats go down. I don't get it but I was a bit out of it while there.

This is near the seating area where we were at. We were more toward the middle.

So I didn't have night mode on while taking pics so they're all pretty terrible. This is almost all I got.

The screen above us for the people in the back.

edit: also gently caress ticketmaster with all of the spiky dildos in the world. I had a few problems "claiming" the tickets I paid almost $500 for a few hours before the show. The app wasn't working, the website wasn't working, it was BS. I got them up after a while and luckily I opened the app to get the tickets (you can't print them, mobile only) and I was able to get in with them. Good, we're in, I can close it now. NOPE! They check your ticket like 4 more times to get to your seat. But.... this place is out in the middle of nowhere so there's no cell service and the tower was 100% full due to all of the people. I had no service since we got there. So what can I do to get my ticket back? NOTHING! Nothing at all. No one else has a record of it, they don't have a ticket booth or anything to help you out. A worker there tried to help out with a hotspot but she didn't have service either and another one just kept telling me to go to higher elevation to get a signal so I was walking up higher and higher and it just randomly worked. So we were able to get into our seats finally.

gently caress ticketmaster.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

As someone who goes to concerts fairly frequently: screenshot your mobile tickets prior to the event (although it wouldn’t surprise me if TM’s app prevents screenshots, I don’t remember the last time I bought tickets through them).

For actually getting in, yes. It's ticketmaster. They have a barcode that has a blue bar sliding back and forth across it constantly. If it doesn't have that, then it's a screenshot. I guess.