Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I would post a pic but...

data
error "Imgur is temporarily over capacity. Please try again later."
success false
status 403

Anyone know any other hosts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Literally A Person posted:

Google imgbb

Should work great!

Cheers!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

blight rhino posted:

I'll miss your hair, but looking sharp.

Provided I don't go gray or bald in the next year, it will return.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Desert Bus posted:

The less you wash your hair? The better it gets. Brush it a couple of times a day, only wash when your head gets itchy, NO HAIRDRYERS for they are a tool of Satan. If your body is gross slap on a hair cap. Benign neglect is the way to go. Millions of years of evolution Vs. a few hundred years of random product? My hair is amazing because I basically ignore it. Doesn't break, few split ends, soft as hell. Long hair can be easy and awesome.

Wash it when it gets gross, the time between washing and getting gross will slowly increase. I feel like I should not be so proud of this #lifehack, but yeah my hair is amazing, I love it.

That was my philosophy too until my hair got past my shoulders. I also live in a really wet and windy area and spend a lot of time outside. Forget hairdryers doing damage it was getting whipped and lashed about anytime I went out. I was constantly pulling off my hairband and re-bunching up into a ponytail but it wasn't working - there were little tufts forming above my ears where it had been pulled out and started growing again.

It's just going to get greasier now that it's short.

Started using this stuff as a teenager. My schoolmates called me 'grandpa head'.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I couldn't sleep so I went out for a walk. Pitch black, no moon. Went back inside.

I look like a wax sculpture or something.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Strumpie posted:

oh, i can post night-time walk selfies. that's my bread and butter.

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this before but you are absolutely gorgeous. What's your discord?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Elentor posted:

I'll be honest I have no idea what you're talking about

The first time this thread rolled around someone asked for a link to SH's discord server in a really clumsy manner. I'm honestly still not sure if the guy was joking.

Inside a wind turbine:

Seriously though, standing under these things can make you pretty drat nervous. They are noisy but no more so than living next to a busy road.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

Valko, you and Rime should fight on one for the future of wind energy.

Who?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

I am a good boy

flubber nuts posted:

need more smiles itt

Confusedslight posted:

I am half awake but here goes.

precision posted:

this is literally the only picture of me that has been taken in the past 3 years

It's always great to see new faces. Oh, the reason I don't smile in my selfies is because anytime I do I look like a gaddamn lunatic.

Warning: :nms::chloe::nms:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

pro starcraft loser posted:

drat, I'm getting graaaaaaaaaaay

I have never said this to another man (or to woman, now that I think about it) but you have beautiful eyes.

JamMaster Flash posted:

No but I drink of it's oil for sustenance like a Mongol

Edit: like horseman of the 13th century drinking the milk of his mare. Not like a modern Mongolian dude or whatever

I thought you were talking about a Maasai kind of thing. Taking blood to make gravy.

It hasn't been too long and it already looks like I could use a trim. Not happening though.

I'm not going to resize these, I really want people to soak in the vision that is rural Ireland. Couldn't stay out for long, hayfever season.
(right click and open in new tab to zoom in)

This is so depressing. The white ash trees were cut down because of rot. Over twenty years ago my dad and I planted some saplings in the field behind them. I asked him how long it would take them to grow and he said "I won't see them, you won't see them, your children won't see them. Your grandchildren might." He was right, the tallest are only about 10 feet. Now they might have to be cut down too.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
What is the deal with all you goons who have a regdate a decade or more older than mine but are all still several years younger than me? I've got nearly exactly 6 weeks left of my thirties. I've got to admit, I'm not panicking the same way about turning 40 the same way I was about turning 30.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

Valko, I used my Mom's credit card to buy an account when I was 16. I had been lurking since 14. I've been a part of here for longer than I have been not.

I would have registered sometime around 2005 but I was the victim of credit card fraud so I cancelled it. Later there was a whole issue with paypal and donations for Hurricane Katrina relief so you couldn't register an account unless you used Visa or something similar. I have been here for quite some time too.

precision posted:

don't worry, i'm so old i'm dead

this is probably the worst picture of me, ever, but i feel honor bound to balance out the extremely good pics i posted before

If you are still sick, get well soon, buddy.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bargearse posted:

Just bought a dinner suit for my secret club :ninja: and feeling a bit fancy

I would love to be able to wear things like this but I just can't. I'm one of those guys who just always looks a tad scruffy no matter how hard I try. It's like seeing footballers or MMA fighters wearing three piece suits - you look at me and know i just don't belong in it, "Where is his poo poo covered boots, and bleach stained t-shirt and jeans?" or "What's 'at farmhand doing looking like a valet?"

But I'm going to have to do it. I'm going to make an effort for my sisters wedding, which is just a week away.

Content:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bluedeanie posted:

Just saw Steve-O live and commemorated it by taking the sleaziest selfie I have ever taken

e: just realized this is the same shirt combo as my last selfie. I promise I own more shirts than this. You just gotta believe me

You look like a really fun guy but I'm sure I've seen people who look just like you pretending to be fun guys in dumbass 90's action movies but they are - in fact - black market weapons dealers.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

When did you go grey out of curiosity? It looks cool but your face looks too young to be fully grey like that, are you the Witcher?

If Geralt was the size of Letho of Gulet, maybe.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Been just over a month since I got my hair cut and it's starting to show. Haven't trimmed my beard either.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Okay. This isn't my face or anything but I have been desperately trying to get goons to come and play in the thread I'm quoting from. You should go to the thread. You should roll dice elaborately. You should make a video. DO IT drat IT

Film star voice.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

Scrolling through pictures, check out this sweet beard I can grow.

Impressive. Anytime I try to grow my beard out it curls over to one side.

Special Agent Valko.

Welcome to the family, brother. Shady looking individual, isn't he? There was a joke at the reception about my sister getting married to a drug dealer. Not entirely innaccurate - the guy is actually a pharmacist.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

Okay I'm just not going to post pics if you're going to be mean.

You know what? gently caress everyone who was mean to you. Seriously. It's 4:09am and I've got insomnia - and boredom. It seems this thread filled up with enough assholes that it has scared everyone off posting pics. I'm not going to let them get me down, I might have gone back to being scruffy again but that is just my natural state of being.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Dammit, guys. I was trying to get people to post more pics, not comments!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Chernobyl Princess posted:

Fine! Pics!
I make the same face in all photos I can't help it

They grow up so fast. That's not really your new baby, is it?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

Also it was such a chill show and he basically just took song requests the whole time and I requested the Pogues "Dirty Old Town" and he nailed it and i was kind of blown away

It was originally a song by The Dubliners.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dYYlsjak0

Speaking of Irish musicians, more than once a stranger has asked me if I am Andrew Strong - back when I had long hair.

Andrew is bald now. I can play guitar but unfortunately I can't sing like him - still didn't stop drunken friendly strangers from asking me to belt out "Mustaaaaaang Sally!!!" Amazingly, he was only 16 years old when he starred in The Commitments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_25Hpf3EOyU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

Also you are much more attractive than Andrew Strong

lol, from the neck up maybe? A few years ago I had a breakdown and relapsed into alcoholism which caused my weight to blow up to 300lbs. I'm down to 260 now, still got another 20 to lose yet.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Beautiful.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Badly maintained beard: ✅

New glasses: ✅

Ceramic pigs: that's a big ✅

You are a suicidal maniac and you are going to kill yourself one of these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El-E-MDoK78

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm not sure how he would react to a green olive. He doesn't seem to like human food very much. And I have big ol' ones stuffed with feta. He probably wouldn't like that.

He might like one stuffed with anchovy?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Did you fart so hard you blew your leg off or something?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Batterypowered7 posted:

I bought them for her! We have the same shoe size so it makes it easy to buy her shoes. She is indeed cool. She likes doing themed selfie shoots:

E:

And just a regular selfie.

Your wife is an artist. Is that what she does professionally?

Anyway it's been a while since I posted a pic. I don't like what I look like clean shaved. Heatwave what made me do it.

After my second shower today.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

This thread is starting to fill up with some dangerous looking people.

Thanks for bumping the thread, Elentor. I was bored. It's 5.20am and I still haven't slept since 7am yesterday morning. Stupid insomnia.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Chernobyl Princess posted:

I am the very model of the modern mom millennial
My hair is pink, my wine is pink, my garden's all perennial

lol. I got all the way to 'perennial' before I realized you were doing a Gilbert and Sullivan bit.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Great weather. 12C damp and cloudy. Just the way I like it.

I'm not sure If I should post this but I went to a dangerous neighbourhood to try and score weed. I didn't find any.

Just rolled tobacco instead.

We got pretty drat drunjk. Rolled the windows down and blared Def Leppard, Radiohead and Guns and Roses.

I let my friends young son use my face as a punching bag. He was surprised he couldn't hurt me but he was only six years old.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

blight rhino posted:

I did this, though. Sides / back shaved. So much cooler in this stupid heat

Spinz was right though, my beard definitely needs a trim / shaping.

I miss my hair. If you don't want yours can I have it?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

JamMaster Flash posted:

Exploring the world of the 134 hour work week. Been pretty lucky in regards to getting rest, but it's been taxing.

drat. I thought 80 hours a week was bad back when I was tending bar. At least you are doing something heroic that you can be proud of. I know for a fact that I've served drinks to family men who then went home and burned their kitchen down. Uh... sorry for adding to the troubles guys like you have.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

JamMaster Flash posted:

I mean we generally really like working structure fires, it's the most exciting part of the job. I don't like that people lose their stuff (or get hurt of course) but I like working fires. A good amount of runs are alarms and EMS stuff which includes everything from helping Meemaw get on the ambulance to wrestling with dudes high on synthetic weed.

This week I was settling up on time trades I owed, as well as worked OT and a 24 hour shift at another department I fill in at...though I'm probably gonna cut down on that because OT is getting offered so frequently.

Yeah, I get it. Every job has it's boring parts. It was great serving fancy cocktails to attractive young women on their hen nights but the mornings after weren't pretty when I had to put a plastic bag over my hand and pull ciggarette butts out of the urinals.

I forgot to mention, your chin looks like even Mike Tyson could break his knuckles on it.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

its all nice on rice posted:

It was a long weekend of backpacking through clouds of mosquitos.

I was going to say I love seeing new faces but I must have missed the first two pics you posted.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Soul Dentist posted:

Ok sure

This is from a week or so ago but now I have covid and I'm exiled to the basement until I can test negative

No modern pictures of me exist without Beatrice because she never likes to not be touching

Well, at least you've got some nice company. I lived in a house with four other people (now 3) and every one of them caught covid except me. Maybe it's because I'm half a foot taller than everyone and not breathing the same air. Everyone was fine, we are all double vaxxed and boosted.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I guess I slept through the smoking chat. Anyhoo, 7am and the first thing I do...

Maybe I'll give it up someday but I've got to prioritize. Alcohol was going to kill me before tobacco and weed was driving me insane.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bargearse posted:

Would all of you please stop being so hot you're making me feel bad about my dim sim habit

If you wanted someone to look ugly in this thread I would happily oblige. Unfortunately imgur is doing it's weird thing right now and I am too emarassed to post pics.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Elentor posted:

Please don't make me feel worse

How do you think it makes me feel, I just recently turned 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Desert Bus posted:

You all want kids? What is your Discord???

How you doin', babe?