Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

LP looking good, not so keen on the circular hilt lightsaber design. Just let the baddies have normal, red lightsabers. They don't need to be stupidly fancy.

Also, I thought the Empire were supposed to be human-supremasist? What's the deal with the giant yellow one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah, it's been commented on before, but the traversal and gravity of this game is pretty janky.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Where did the AT-ST come from, though?

Did a Gozanti drop it off, or did it climb up over the scenery?

What part of 'All-Terrain' are you failing to grasp?

(yeah, it is pretty silly)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I wonder if the Walker's reticules fading out as you are firing is supposed to be a metajoke on the inaccuracy of the Imperial troops.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You know, seeing you fight that fauna reminded me - I was once attacked by a slug. As a kid, I was handling a slug (as you do) and I felt the faintest of rasps on my skin. Took me about ten seconds before I realized it was trying to bite me.

Had to let the thing go free after that - hard to no admire such audacity.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

painedforever posted:

Maybe the tree sap is where the Wookies are hiding the supply of "Y"s for the world. That many consecutive "Y"s in so many words is ridiculous.

As it so happens, their homeworld has a limited supply of 'e's and they used it all up with the word 'Wookie', so yy was what they had to adopt as necessity.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

achtungnight posted:

Not sure why I’m arguing over this, tbh.

Cause for all the weaknesses in the story of this game, it's miles ahead of the newest movies?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Outstanding is the single best line delivery in the game.

Oh, undoubtedly.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

It's a really cool bit of animation storytelling how the Purge Troopers counter your force powers -- the staff-armed ones dig their weapon into the ground to avoid being knocked around, and the rifle-wielding ones snapshot you with their blaster to knock you off balance. Really sells the fact that even though they're Muggles, they've spent their entire career learning how to kill Jedi and know every trick in the book to even the odds

That's cute.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, that was not the best designed puzzle...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Something's pissed me off about this planet, and I think I have it now - it's not colourful. It's very drab for a rainforest.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Congratulations on the job/move, chief.

Edit: Ooof... that scene with the bird flying next to the tree, that's... not well animated.

Edit Edit: Sir Chogs. Sir. Chogs.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 10, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Alright. Maybe someone has pointed it out earlier, I dunno.

But why, when the Mantis is landing, does it rotate its main wing to a horizontal position from vertical, just to put it BACK to a vertical position.

I mean, it's Star Wars, I know it's not realistic in the slightest - but that just seems silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ok, now that I see the double-edged lightsaber hits targets behind you, NOW I see it's advantages.