Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
This game is approved trash!

Also fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
BD-1 is my favorite Star Wars droid. Topping him would be one hell of a feat.

But he’s not my favorite character in the game.

Fun Fact- The line "Faster, more intensity!" is a reference to a phrase George Lucas often shouted at Star Wars performers during production of the original films.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 27, 2022

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Could be either. Cal looks just like his voice actor, who also did the motion capture for the character I think. And there are one or two other characters with similar credits.

I looked it up- Cal, Cere, and Cordova are all modeled after their voice actors. The same is true of at least two other game characters we have yet to meet. I’ll identify them when we meet them in future updates.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 28, 2022

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Certain nonhumans are quite useful to the Empire. Witness the Grand Inquisitor or Admiral Thrawn.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Bruceski posted:

I assume they consider aliens some of the finest soldiers in the Empire, when led by human officers.

And they do their best to ignore the very strange but successful alien officers such as Thrawn.

Falling off cliffs- on Easy difficulty you take no damage from this. In fact it’s what prompted me to switch to that difficulty when I kept dying to falls. Janky platforming. Yes.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
My favorite things to Push- Rockets into enemies, enemies off cliffs.

“What stands in the way becomes the way.” Probably my favorite game quote.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 8, 2022

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Sally posted:

we taking bets on the final tally? :homebrew:

I’m betting at least three from the final encounter. It’s that brutal.

Editing looks good to me.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
AT-ST walkers are pretty much standard boss monsters in Star Wars games. Not much I can say about this one. But they’re still enjoyable to fight.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The opening Kasshyk sequence is an iconic moment in the game. The sequels will have trouble replicating it’s awesomeness.

It also introduces us to Forest Whittaker as Saw Guerra, another example of a character who looks just like their voice actor (who has played Saw in live action, btw).

Watching you move that sphere around brings back so many painful memories. :D

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Shuttle Tiderian in Return of the Jedi spoofed IFF as you described.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Visiting Kasshyyk in this game gave me a new respect for Wookiees. Growing up in such an environment with such insane wildlife would make anyone a badass.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I personally enjoyed the backtracking. Getting to open new routes and chests with my new powers each time was a big help.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
You left out a bracket in your url, I think. The video link is broken. I had to go to your Youtube channel to watch it.

This episode does indeed have an interesting and well written story twist.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
It is. Thanks.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Even if Cere doesn’t use the Force, she’s still a person of influence over Cal with a significant Force signature. Enough for another Force user to sense at least. Same way Vader knew Obi-Wan trained Luke even having never directly observed it.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I read the “manipulation” as Trilla stirring up trouble too. And I read Vader’s judgment of Luke’s training with memory of his comment about feeling a tremor in the Force when Obi-Wan was near. The same would apply to his students. Really, how good a look could he have gotten at Luke in that hangar? Or maybe he recognized some lightsaber techniques his master passed on, we never see Yoda training Luke in weapons. Obi-Wan did train him in weapons.

Not sure why I’m arguing over this, tbh.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
drat right! The Mandalorian’s about as good but not the latest movies (with the exception of Rogue One).

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I usually go for single saber when I want precise strikes over crowd control and double in the opposite situation. I also try to stay better at single blade because that’s the style you’re stuck with most of the game anyway. Some moves don’t work with double, some only with double.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Just single/double. Maybe in the next game we’ll get dual wield.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
If it makes you feel any better, I solved your lantern issue in the video the exact same "game not intended" way.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I was contemplating getting this game on PC. I think after what you describe I will wait for more patches.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Bounty Hunter capture is plot. Apparently someone decided we needed their scum in the game.

PC- guess I'll be content with PS4 and 5 then. Oh well.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The delays are understandable, thanks for letting us know.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
My understanding is that everything from before Disney’s takeover of Star Wars other than the films is no longer canon. So Revan, Jacen Solo, Ben Skywalker, no. But Cal and the gang, yes, since they were created long after the takeover. Han & Boba Fett get new backstory & further adventures. Thrawn (the blue admiral) is getting a new version of his tale since he’s popular. Mara Jade & Starkiller may be getting the same treatment. I’d love to see them do that for Revan too but have not heard any rumors to that effect.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Lynneth posted:

Honestly, I liked the bird. It's neat, and it's basically a Roc vs an Airship, using fantasy terms. SW is space opera/fantasy, after all.
(I also played through the game, 100% the collectibles.)

Same. That bird rocked! I like to think she snatched and ate at least one stormtrooper I knocked off the tree. Hey, Ewoks ate em too, and that’s in the original movies!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Probably.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The episode title reminds me of something...

[collective groan]

Bird.... bird.... bird is the word...

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I'm surprised Wookie doesn't have any ys. Wookiyyy?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I consider Dathomir my favorite planet in the game. Challenge, atmosphere, cute chicks testing you, weird wanderers you just know are evil- what’s not to like?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
You aren’t the only one who barely uses Precision Evade. 3 playthroughs and 3 years of this game and I still have yet to earn the associated trophy.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Considering the Gorgora is an alien, it may be a mammal or it may not. Regardless, it’s a cool boss fight. Fulfills the Star Wars staple well.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Agreed. The line about new orders from the Supreme Chancellor is one of my most memorable moments in the game.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
My bad on previous post, that line was elsewhere in the game. A more timely memorable moment would be Tapal feeling a great disturbance in the Force or his many bits of badassrey. Also “ Padawan, your lightsaber!”

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I’m with Pained as far as replaying planets & lore.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Dumb deaths are always fun- to watch. :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
And the sequel coming out next year hopefully is called Jedi Survivor.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Funny that I’m familiar with Dark Souls engine games and have played many, but never the original Dark Souls. Had a similar relationship with Quake engine games way back when

Now that Merrin (my favorite character in the game if you haven’t guessed) is on your team, you may want to revisit all the planets. She has unique dialogue for each.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
It happens. Good luck dealing with it.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I hope so too. Thx for checking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Yeah, you want to talk to Merrin at the start of each world for her impressions of the place. But she has no exploration dialogue I've seen. :(