Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

quote:

The evidence released last week also does not make clear who fired at police from inside Graziano’s vehicle. The sheriff’s department has suggested that Graziano was firing at officers, and that it’s possible Savannah also did. The department said “this aspect” of the incident remains under investigation.

Over a year on with forensics and I'm sure a few body cams and it's still "Well, we just don't really know..."

Lying cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 3, 2024

Apr 3, 2024

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

040224 posted:

one big ol sleepy baby planet

<:mad:>

Apr 3, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Who can fault someone for making an oopsy poopsy while on the job

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

rotinaj posted:

Who can fault someone for making an oopsy poopsy while on the job

This. They can just have another daughter, right?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Shooting Blanks posted:

This. They can just have another daughter, right?

Uhh no, both her parents are dead too.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 3, 2024

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Well someone somewhere will make a daughter.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Over a year on with forensics and I'm sure a few body cams and it's still "Well, we just don't really know..."

Lying cowards.

Seriously, "Bzzzzt Heeez comingggg zz-ight forrrr uzzzz" energy.

GSR tests on the girl and her father, and the interior of their car? Audio/video analysis?

Fuckers are slow walking it to protect themselves. Nothing changes. Not training, rules of engagement, strategy, nothing. The concept of scientific policing that changes with lessons learned died a long time ago. Ending qualified immunity might incentive them to study these events rather than cover them up.

anonumos fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 3, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tenkaris posted:

Uhh no, both her parents are dead too.

Sounds like the cops didn’t want to make an orphan

That’s freakonomics, babey

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
If I can't even trust cops to not murder innocent civilians, then why should I trust some random slob that's conceal carrying to not randomly blow me away or shoot off his own balls just because he saw a shadow cross the edge of his vision?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

If I can't even trust cops to not murder innocent civilians, then why should I trust some random slob that's conceal carrying to not randomly blow me away or shoot off his own balls just because he saw a shadow cross the edge of his vision?

The other day on my drive home from work, this guy was driving really aggressively. I live in Texas, so aggressive driving is the norm but this guy was clearly on one and raging about not being able to get around slower traffic.

Anyway, turns out we both take the same exit. And the same turn at the stop sign. And hey, we turned into the same neighborhood. Oh, he's turning onto my street, even.

So my anxiety brain loves to imagine terrible scenarios, and it starts doing its thing. Hey maybe this guy perceived you as another aggressive driver that was also road raging. Maybe he's noticed that you've been staying behind him and taking the same turns. Maybe he's armed and ready to shoot you right now.

Yay Texas and the USA :911:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

You shouldn't. That's why you should conceal carry too. Be the good guy with a gun you want to see in this world.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Cops are such goddamn cowards. The only time they act hard is when somebody isn't resisting.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Cops aren’t even the most dangerous job in America by any stretch of the imagination. The militarized trigger-happy responses aren’t grounded in any legitimate fears.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vegetable posted:

Cops aren’t even the most dangerous job in America by any stretch of the imagination. The militarized trigger-happy responses aren’t grounded in any legitimate fears.

It's also mostly dangerous because they kill themselves in car crashes and refuse to take the vaccinations

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Vegetable posted:

No, they're grounded in sensationalism and brainwashing. They're programmed to see everyone and everything as potentially lethal threats all the time. I've had two cops as therapy clients and the amount of creepy indoctrination they've experienced is absolutely astounding, it makes the military look like a board game club.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

OP you left out cops. Cops is the most dangerous, you see.

Cops.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I would like law enforcement to become the most dangerous job in America. Then the planet.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mobby_6kl posted:

It's also mostly dangerous because they kill themselves in car crashes and refuse to take the vaccinations

Yeah. For the past few years covid was the number one killer of cops lol.

Also pizza delivery drivers have a far more dangerous job than cops.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

Welcome to late stage capitalism, it’s a grift

https://youtu.be/T1C9BRiW3aE

TL;DR there is a whole cottage industry of dudes going around and giving psycho right winger “be afraid of everyone and lead with your gun” pep talks to every single police department on a yearly or monthly basis and the police departments are all being super sketchy about admitting to how much money goes to these people, how often they hear these talks, what else they discuss during these sessions

Merika

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

How does computer touching stack up

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

the cop clearly thought she was an acorn

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

mobby_6kl posted:

How does computer touching stack up

pretty high up there whenever the revolution finally kicks off

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Most dangerous job is probably something like crab fisherman or crab stylist.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

TrashMammal posted:

pretty high up there whenever the revolution finally kicks off

A.i. or proletariat?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Bananana posted:

A.i. or proletariat?

there’s only one revolution that counts, comrade :ussr:

Apr 3, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 3, 2024

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

the cop clearly thought she was an acorn

It's the other way round if you look at the dates.

Acorn cop thought the acorn was a kidnapped kid needing to be shot.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I’d love to see a roofer or salt miner come between a sweet white grandmother and a criminally insane mexican terrorist trans mule MS-13 gore warrior. They wouldn’t stand a chance!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

I’d love to see a roofer or salt miner come between a sweet white grandmother and a criminally insane mexican terrorist trans mule MS-13 gore warrior. They wouldn’t stand a chance!

Maybe but the cop wouldn’t be in the same zip code as the Ms-13 antifa supersoldier, they have no obligation to put themselves at risk

Harald posted:

Most dangerous job is probably something like crab fisherman or crab stylist.

Crab breeder, it’s hard to hold your breath long enough

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

:hmmwrong:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
To say nothing of children buying the micro transactions and loot boxes in Roblox games specifically designed to sell micro transactions and loot boxes to children. For every dozen 10 yo wunderkinds putzing around in the Creator tools, there's a studio pumping out clones of the latest craze sponsoring YouTubers with shocky-face thumbnails to pressure thousands of kids to buy the merch and skins and Prime loving hydration inside fly-by-night worlds where you can't do anything at all except model your merch and skins and talk about your favorite Prime hydration while fending off Schneider-esque grooming attempts.

Forget TikTok. Ban Roblox.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Burn it all down.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Somehow I don't know what Roblox is and I'm afraid to find out.

E: Jesus, it's a crowdsourced horrorshow. Baldfaced exploitation

Outrail fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 6, 2024

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Haven't heard of it until this thread and just saw some gift cards for it at the grocery store checkout. By the gum and candy bars and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It's second life for young zoomers.