Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Maine was the state where the Nova Scotia shooter got his guns, I’m pretty sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
this mfer escaped in a boat, I'm guessing. that was my immediate thought when they said found his Subaru (also had fishing pics in his social media) in Lisbon, then they said it was right near where one of the boat launches to the Androscoggin River is, but they only locked down the towns up river from there... woulda made a lot more sense if he took off down river towards Topsham or Brunswick where he could've easily had another vehicle stashed

maybe the pigs know something they're not telling, though

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
has there ever been a mass shooter who got away with it? like just completely disappeared? I can't think of any offhand

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Hirsute posted:

has there ever been a mass shooter who got away with it? like just completely disappeared? I can't think of any offhand

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hirsute posted:

Say what you will about the cops stopping active shooters in the moment (and there's a lot to say), or ahead of time, but the wheels of justice are slow but pretty good. Eventually you feed enough data into the machine and eventually the suspect fucks up somewhere and they get caught.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Elendil004 posted:

Say what you will about the cops.

okay. gently caress cops.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Isentropy posted:

Maine was the state where the Nova Scotia shooter got his guns, I’m pretty sure

Iirc most states in the US have no background check requirements for private sales. Even if you're on all the appropriate "do not sell" lists you can just go buy whatever in a parking lot from a guy selling "boat parts" on fb marketplace.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hirsute posted:

Malvo and Muhammed got away with it for a relatively long time, but they are probably better categorized as serial or spree killers.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The only rampage killer that seems to have gotten away completely was the perpetrator of 8 killings on Sept. 7 1982 in Craig, Alaska.

I guess the Villisca axe murders in 1911 were never solved either so that should count.

mdemone has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Oct 26, 2023

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I have murdered many of toilets in my time. I have watched them get clogged, backed up....truly some horrific poo poo *no pun intended*

And I am still free

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I know it’s not impossible but it seems crazy to me that this guy was able to shoot up 2 places 4 miles apart in a 12 minutes period.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Back in the day the American psychopaths had fake wars to join and kill civilians in. Nowadays? They have to kill American civilians. Sad

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

okay. gently caress cops.

I would also like to express my dislike of porcine-americans

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

:boehner:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Stevie Lee posted:

this mfer escaped in a boat, I'm guessing.
my money is on this guy being dead in the woods hours ago. also putting a parlay on him being active on reddit or some other online Gun Person poo poo.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

The right age for GIP and TFR

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

TURN YOUR MONITOR ON '03

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

papersack posted:

The right age for GIP and TFR
not fat enough to be Lincoln`s Wax, but the list of possible is vast

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
police negotiator on megaphone: "I REPEAT, DO YOU HAVE STAIRS IN YOUR HOUSE?"

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*murderer turns out to be a fark poster*

sa: denied relevance again

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

have there been any really fat mass shooters yet?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the rear end in a top hat who shot up club q is pretty portly even by american standards.

cop thread crossover, the fbi was too busy harassing housing advocates to follow up on him

https://theintercept.com/2023/03/21/fbi-colorado-springs-surveillance/

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
This guy is still on the loose.

102723_4
Oct 28, 2023
Crazy America ends at 8:30pm sharp

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

This guy is still on the loose.

have they tried setting a trap for him?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

kinda hard finding a bowling alley and a group of blind people willing to serve as bait

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a armed spree killer on the loose seems really bad like a uniquely motivated to continue spree killing type individual remains at large despite half of all tax money going towards turning cops into jin ro the wolf brigade

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nm they found him dead

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

BONGHITZ posted:

have there been any really fat mass shooters yet?

i mean, a fat shooter would have a lot of mass

our generation's two huge twins on motorcycles pic

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

a armed spree killer on the loose seems really bad like a uniquely motivated to continue spree killing type individual remains at large despite half of all tax money going towards turning cops into jin ro the wolf brigade

Time to treat the cops like teachers; cut their pay till they do a better job.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Real hurthling! posted:

look our entire cop budget is just slighty larger than the entire PLA combined, thats not enough for morale and competency

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Real hurthling! posted:

nm they found him dead
who could have foreseen

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Elendil004 posted:

Say what you will about the cops

Only good one is a dead one :clint:

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Elendil004 posted:

Say what you will about the cops stopping active shooters in the moment (and there's a lot to say), or ahead of time, but the wheels of justice are slow but pretty good. Eventually you feed enough data into the machine and eventually the suspect fucks up somewhere and they get caught.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Elendil004 posted:

the wheels of justice are slow but pretty good.
no they are not. mass shooters do not care about getting caught and make minimal attempts to “get away with it.” the majority of actual crimes go unpunished because the cops are too busy pulling over black guys

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Elendil004 posted:

???????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

the wheels of justice are slow but pretty good