Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

"But you have have to hope."
terminal boomer brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Oh yeah, link to gun violence archive

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

My parents asked about the shooting at the dinner table. I responded with "yeah. Eh' and a shrug to get it into with them.

They asked me "Why I'm like that."
I asked them "Why they are sad."

They said because they as parents feel for their parents.

Then they said a lot about hope, that you have to hope that it doesn't happen.

The funny part was they turned on their "Parents mode" where it was like they were talking to me about going to school.
"We know you are tired."

I kept saying,"nothing has changed. There is going to be another one."
And it's just a thing on TV.

"But you have have to hope."

When I'm with my parents and climate change comes up my mom just makes the Negative Nancy sound effect from SNL.

I asked her if that's how she wants me to remember her when she's gone and that sure did shut her up fast.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Sorry you got owned by your mom

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So let me get this straight.

the cops, famous for always unloading their entire clip on black children, not only couldnt take out an armed maniac, they cowered and ran and let that psycho make it inside that school to kill kids. and now it turns out that mass shooter wasnt wearing armour so the cops couldve popped him much sooner if they had any balls in them?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

the cops, famous for always unloading their entire clip on black children, not only couldnt take out an armed maniac, they cowered and ran and let that psycho make it inside that school to kill kids. and now it turns out that mass shooter wasnt wearing armour so the cops couldve popped him much sooner if they had any balls in them?

“not my problem” :cop:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe we should address the socio-economic climate that drives people to commit mass shootings. Maybe we should address the nature of the school system that shoves kids into a glorified daycare with a bunch of random assholes and made to do busywork by condescending teachers for fourteen years just to be rewarded with minimum wage at the end.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the security guard at columbine saw them go in but he couldnt find his glasses and put them on in time

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

when a cop sees a suspect wearing a vest they have to recalibrate all of their tactical expectations and calculations and that could take anywhere between 5 minutes to 3 hours.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Wait wait wait. Hold on. Hold the loving phone. You're telling me that the COPS, whose literal job it is to stop crimes, where THERE AT THE SCHOOL, DURING THE SHOOTING, and they HAD GUNS, and they DIDNT STOP THE CRIME!? :psyduck:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Your mistake is thinking that it's a cops job to stop crime.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Calibanibal posted:

Wait wait wait. Hold on. Hold the loving phone. You're telling me that the COPS, whose literal job it is to stop crimes, where THERE AT THE SCHOOL, DURING THE SHOOTING, and they HAD GUNS, and they DIDNT STOP THE CRIME!? :psyduck:

What were they supposed to do? this wasnt a black child or someone selling loose cigarettes, so the cops were at a complete loss as to how to stop this crime from happening!!!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

SyRauk posted:

When I'm with my parents and climate change comes up my mom just makes the Negative Nancy sound effect from SNL.

I asked her if that's how she wants me to remember her when she's gone and that sure did shut her up fast.

Now, I just want to short circuit all conversation. Speed it the gently caress up. A real 'get to the point' thing.

Shooting happened.
Banning Guns? Nope.
Increased funding in healthcare? Nope.

All right, everything else are details

City, State
What kind of building, School, Mall, Theater, Grocery store?
Number of: dead kids, Dead Adults, wounded.
Ages of Dead:
Shooter: dead or captured?
Did the police kill them or suicide?
Skin color?
Age?
Which weapons? (any other stuff)?
History of medical problems?
Where did they live?

How long since Newtown in December of 2012?

Edit forgot one: Open Caskets or Closed Caskets?

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 20:25 on May 25, 2022

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Calibanibal posted:

Wait wait wait. Hold on. Hold the loving phone. You're telling me that the COPS, whose literal job it is to stop crimes,

Lemme stop you right there

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Calibanibal posted:

don't be silly

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That's maybe the defining characteristic of millennials+ in America, learned hopelessness.

No attempt at reform or progress in our lives has any positive outcomes. Ever. Everything gets worse, and if you so much as acknowledge it, a billion dollar multi-media empire comes to scream how important-to-national-security/pragmatic/American/christian/bipartisan doing the most evil possible thing is.

If you should manage to overcome the waves of blatant propaganda, and make a sincere wave at fixing political problems politically, that energy will be captured by an Obamacare-esque protection of the status quo that just makes things worse.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

super sweet best pal posted:

Maybe we should address the socio-economic climate that drives people to commit mass shootings. Maybe we should address the nature of the school system that shoves kids into a glorified daycare with a bunch of random assholes and made to do busywork by condescending teachers for fourteen years just to be rewarded with minimum wage at the end.

Easy there, Pol Pot

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
why not, like, shoot up a C-suite or something. why tiny children?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
cops and security will actually try to defend the c-suite

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Casey Finnigan posted:

cops and security will actually try to defend the c-suite

lol we've seen how effective police protection is.

i bet there's lots of companies where you can just walk in and start improving society.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Dasar posted:

Disaffected youth need Marxism in their lives to give them purpose and vision.

the double pill of "yes t3rrorism is justified" & "no it won't work"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Karach posted:

why not, like, shoot up a C-suite or something. why tiny children?

maximum shock factor I have to assume is a motivator for the people that target schools specifically (and aren't students there)

there is a deep social sickness that leads a certain type of guy to conclude this is something worth doing

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I dont like what these shootings is turning me into

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
maybe those children should vote better.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

Cop lovers have no idea how to cope with this one

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Remember the first reports that the shooter had barricaded himself in the school, he didn’t barricade himself he was just in there shooting kids while the cops cowered outside waiting for swat

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MisterFister posted:

Remember the first reports that the shooter had barricaded himself in the school, he didn’t barricade himself he was just in there shooting kids while the cops cowered outside waiting for swat

truly is the most pathetic poo poo ive ever heard in my life

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/Neda_Semnani/status/1529517778029449219?t=GSOAzD0od7GlcJmKu3HxRA&s=19

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
America is a hell hole. Did English people go crazy like this when the British empire fell apart?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Nate Silver voice: technically correct

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ikanreed posted:

America is a hell hole. Did English people go crazy like this when the British empire fell apart?

Have you seen brexit.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

yea that one dude could have not gone in there on his own while the cops were hiding behind the bushes

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/sfornek/status/1529529310326968321?s=20&t=KK89FRdZnQs9GCUQlmSE1g

Meanwhile in Chicago, the city is going to move it's curfew up an hour. Alderman aren't sure it's going to keep the bad kids from being shot though.

https://twitter.com/byaliceyin/status/1529558866031255553?s=20&t=KK89FRdZnQs9GCUQlmSE1g
https://twitter.com/royalpratt/status/1529556997745811456?s=20&t=KK89FRdZnQs9GCUQlmSE1g

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
american society is very sick. I cant imagine what it will be like in 10-20 years

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the people shooting and getting shot in chicago are almost entirely not minors so a curfew on unruly teenagers will have no effect whatsoever on whatever's going on there but it sounds cool to frightened white voters i guess

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Now, I just want to short circuit all conversation. Speed it the gently caress up. A real 'get to the point' thing.

Shooting happened.
Banning Guns? Nope.
Increased funding in healthcare? Nope.

All right, everything else are details

City, State
What kind of building, School, Mall, Theater, Grocery store?
Number of: dead kids, Dead Adults, wounded.
Ages of Dead:
Shooter: dead or captured?
Did the police kill them or suicide?
Skin color?
Age?
Which weapons? (any other stuff)?
History of medical problems?
Where did they live?

How long since Newtown in December of 2012?

Edit forgot one: Open Caskets or Closed Caskets?

Some kids have yet to be identified and DNA samples were taken from the parents.

So yeah that's a closed casket.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the people shooting and getting shot in chicago are almost entirely not minors so a curfew on unruly teenagers will have no effect whatsoever on whatever's going on there but it sounds cool to frightened white voters i guess

the main supporters in the city council were Black alderpeople
https://twitter.com/erin_hegarty/status/1529553840013398016?s=20&t=hyzp1do6vOa_L4-59_8qBA

These are two Black women who represent majority Black districts speaking in support of the curfew.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I think the problem is that at night, cops in Chicago are shooting kids instead of adults so this is an effort to curb that

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
make sure your children can tell the difference between clips and magazines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

I'm reserving judgement until Snopes has a chance to evaluate this claim