Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Nice to see Keliani Rose doing well after that shooting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

gently caress yes can't wait. Season 1 was so good.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
well, guess I’m rewatching season 1 again tonight, for like the 12th time.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

well, guess I’m rewatching season 1 again tonight, for like the 12th time.

I'm surprised we're not rewatching it right now

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It's definitely a sample from something else, but I think the song in that teaser trailer is an ATLiens track, possibly a remix of Witch Doctor. The needle drops in both shows are just so loving good, I've been bugging my buddy who edits Shoresy to introduce me to their music director for some time now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON

Mister Speaker posted:

It's definitely a sample from something else, but I think the song in that teaser trailer is an ATLiens track, possibly a remix of Witch Doctor. The needle drops in both shows are just so loving good, I've been bugging my buddy who edits Shoresy to introduce me to their music director for some time now.

Isn't all rhe music for this and letterkenny picked by Jared Keeso himself?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Woah, I just noticed Shoresy has a different Bulldog logo on his shirt than everyone else.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Settle down

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

bunnyofdoom posted:

Isn't all rhe music for this and letterkenny picked by Jared Keeso himself?

I think he has a hand in it but according to my friend there is an actual Music Director involved.

But yeah, I've been bugging him about meeting Keeso too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Soo are so loving good.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

algebra testes posted:

The Soo are so loving good.

They’re not that good, sometimes you just run into a hot tendie and…yeah so

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

happyhippy posted:

Woah, I just noticed Shoresy has a different Bulldog logo on his shirt than everyone else.

Not for sure but according to TikTok there's an actual jersey company(Verbolo or something spelled like that) making the jerseys this season so it might be a new sponsor tie-in, maybe not

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mob posted:

Not for sure but according to TikTok there's an actual jersey company(Verbolo or something spelled like that) making the jerseys this season so it might be a new sponsor tie-in, maybe not

https://shopus.letterkenny.tv/

You can see the difference here, so loving tempted to get one.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Mob posted:

they’re called sweaters, Ziig, and boy are they pricy. And not a single blueberry on any of them, doing the Blueberry Fest dirty.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Very excited for shoresy season 2. The first was such a weirdly endearing show compared to Letterkenny seasons

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ilmucche posted:

Very excited for shoresy season 2. The first was such a weirdly endearing show compared to Letterkenny seasons

Sudbury in Shoresy is definitely a vibe

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

ilmucche posted:

Comedy writers are getting so good at punching up and making content that's somehow wholesome and vulgar at the same time. Gone are the days of edginess for its own sake, and I think the Letterkenny writers in particular realized that the riffing humour of the original show was past its prime. They definitely did put character arcs in the original show that made you care about what happened, but Shoresy is on a whole other level. IMO they're at the vanguard of this 'wholesome comedy' stuff right now.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

Comedy writers are getting so good at punching up and making content that's somehow wholesome and vulgar at the same time. Gone are the days of edginess for its own sake, and I think the Letterkenny writers in particular realized that the riffing humour of the original show was past its prime. They definitely did put character arcs in the original show that made you care about what happened, but Shoresy is on a whole other level. IMO they're at the vanguard of this 'wholesome comedy' stuff right now.

they've gotten good enough at it that it doesn't come off as cloying which is really tough to do

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://youtu.be/Fhjjy06RTvI?si=jyJqlb5ISfd-qr3x

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mister Speaker posted:

I was talking to my brother about this recently. They could have flanderized Reilly and Jonesy as antagonists who always get owned, but instead gave them nuance here and there, and allowed them to grow a bit and sometimes do the right thing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Serious season 2 plot spoilers:

Show skips a year ahead, they win the Nosho in a montage, and joins 4 games from the end with the bulldogs undefeated in the next season.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I was talking to my brother about this recently. They could have flanderized Reilly and Jonesy as antagonists who always get owned, but instead gave them nuance here and there, and allowed them to grow a bit and sometimes do the right thing.

I like that they did this for almost everyone. I never thought I’d end up liking Stuart as much as I did as the show progressed.

I always liked the hockey dudes but they only got better.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I still like Stuart, but it does feel like they got to a point after the character got sober that they didn't really know what else to do with him and kind of reset him to the baseline.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m liking newer Letterkenny less and less and that may just be on me after watching too much of it. That’s why I’m surprised with how much I’m loving Shoresy. It’s reminding me of why I loved the mid seasons of LK. The characters and town as a whole have a personality I just love watching.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The last episode of the most recent season feels like the most critical the show has ever been of Wayne, but at the same time it almost feels like a running joke at this point that anything meaningful in a season finale will be immediately undone at the start of the next season.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I thought Letterkenny kinda ran out of gas after the spelling bee episode but Shoresy was an incredible breath of fresh air and I can't wait until the 27th.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The spelling bee is maybe my favorite episode of funny television ever. I was dying the entire time.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
sorta like how TPB peaked with "I Am the Liquor/The poo poo Blizzard" ... definitely funny episodes & moments after that but really could have called it good right there

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
You made up this elaborate charade about a tiger to cover the fact that you are seven cheeseburgers?! You ate seven cheeseburgers, randy?!?!

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
As much as i like this show i'm tired of a lot of the jokes already, the banter is almost always repeated every second episode.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Laterite posted:

sorta like how TPB peaked with "I Am the Liquor/The poo poo Blizzard" ... definitely funny episodes & moments after that but really could have called it good right there

TPB gets kinda dire when Tom Arnold and Snoop show up

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, agreed. TPB peaked somewhere around the end of season 5. Season 6 was still good but the writing was on the wall by the end, and just about everything after that was tryhard gimmick poo poo, from forced catchphrases like "baaaam" to the borderline-embarrassing celebrity appearances. The season with Leslie Dancer had some good moments but you could feel it that the heart of the show just wasn't there anymore.

Letterkenny definitely has that tipping point somewhere, but honestly IDK where to put it. Truth be told I never followed the show that closely; its riffing nature and barely-existent plotlines made it great material to throw on in the background while I'm working on music or something but I didn't pay enough attention and haven't done a solid rewatch to be able to say "here is when they fell off." In any case, TV shows definitely have a shelf life and I hope Shoresy has a solid... five-season run. Maybe fewer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Letterkenny has felt pretty stagnant ever since Riley and Jonesy joined the Native team and won a championship. They were the last characters with any semblance of an arc, so once they win the title everyone is just in this utopian stasis where everyone gets along and everyone is self-actualized and there's essentially no friction whatsoever. Even for a show that's largely always been about good vibes, low stakes, and minimal plot, that's kind of a problem.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

General Dog posted:

Letterkenny has felt pretty stagnant ever since Riley and Jonesy joined the Native team and won a championship. They were the last characters with any semblance of an arc, so once they win the title everyone is just in this utopian stasis where everyone gets along and everyone is self-actualized and there's essentially no friction whatsoever. Even for a show that's largely always been about good vibes, low stakes, and minimal plot, that's kind of a problem.

a lot of Letterkenny these days is slow-motion shots of all the Letterkenny main characters before, during, or after beating up a bunch of dudes

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

General Dog posted:

Would have been the perfect way to end it with Stuart being clean and healthy, the hockey dudes being champs, Wayne is back and happy with Rosie, etc.

They could have brought it all to an end there and I’d call it a masterpiece of a show.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Really Letterkenny's original sin is starting season 2 with Wayne getting back up from Tyson's sucker punch and winning the fight. Obviously it's been a fun show and there's lots of fun stuff, but the refusal to ever let Wayne take an L really limits the show. I guess they kind of played with that idea when Marie-Fred cheated on him and he moped around for half a season, but even in that case it's made very clear that he's dumping her and not the other way around.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

been enjoying more shoresy, the show still has a lot of heart and hasn't gotten too weird like letterkenny did many seasons on.

the opening of the second episode with shoresy and laura in the diner is so good. I've watched it like 5 times

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ilmucche posted:

been enjoying more shoresy, the show still has a lot of heart and hasn't gotten too weird like letterkenny did many seasons on.

the opening of the second episode with shoresy and laura in the diner is so good. I've watched it like 5 times

Yeah I didnt really like the setup of them being too successful until 3 and 4 where it becomes clear that all the characters are unhappy and that is the challenge they need to overcome. I should have trusted the process!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

General Dog posted:

Really Letterkenny's original sin is starting season 2 with Wayne getting back up from Tyson's sucker punch and winning the fight. Obviously it's been a fun show and there's lots of fun stuff, but the refusal to ever let Wayne take an L really limits the show. I guess they kind of played with that idea when Marie-Fred cheated on him and he moped around for half a season, but even in that case it's made very clear that he's dumping her and not the other way around.

Iirc the closest Wayne ever came to losing was when they fought he degens at Tanis's BBQ. The head degen was beating the everloving poo poo out of Wayne before Daryl suckered him.

Also adding that Letterkenny has been on the decline for a while now. The last season was the lowest the show has ever gotten, worse than Fartbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The speech at the end of episode 5 was so good. There has been some great dialogue this season