Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Buck Turgidson posted:

Guy that schedules meeting just to talk about video games. I'm here for it
there’s a meeting in everyone’s calendar on the last day of every month. it’s not an actual meeting but just a reminder for everyone to submit timesheets for the month. it’s called BOOK TIME and some people use it as a book club :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

guy who spends the whole meeting messaging everyone he knows at work to see if they got laid off

:smith:

guy that shows up to a regularly scheduled meeting on their calendar 30 seconds too early and wonders for a split second if the empty room indicates he’s been laid off :stonklol:

Asymmetric POSTer fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jan 12, 2024

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

posted it before elsewhere but a friend joined a meeting and they were all sitting there waiting for the person to set it up to join and it turned out they'd actually died like 3 months ago and nobody realised

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

jesus lol

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

no, jesus wep

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

posted it before elsewhere but a friend joined a meeting and they were all sitting there waiting for the person to set it up to join and it turned out they'd actually died like 3 months ago and nobody realised

:shepface:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

hell yeah work sucks

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Buck Turgidson posted:

Guy that schedules meeting just to talk about video games. I'm here for it

i'm not this guy but i am the guy that commandeers other meetings to talk about video games

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fuckin amazing lol. what a champ

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

living the dream

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
absolute king poo poo

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

business version of the old guy who shot the landlord and died before he was sentenced

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

absolute king poo poo

*Space marine dreadnought voice* Even in death, I still reach out to connect

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lol wtf

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speaking off we found out our new hire quit after her being missing for a week, and my team lead reaching out

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

speaking off we found out our new hire quit after her being missing for a week, and my team lead reaching out

good for her

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

right?

guy who takes loud sips of coffee before speaking at a meeting

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
person who loudly narrates their journey in unmuting themselves despite clearly being unmuted at its outset

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

guy that joins the all hands camera on, from the car, with only the glow of their phone dimly caressing those stupefied orbs, and abruptly shows up right next to the CEO's camera feed

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i don't know why the camera is such a mystery to people

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what camera

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Armitag3 posted:

guy that joins the all hands camera on, from the car, with only the glow of their phone dimly caressing those stupefied orbs, and abruptly shows up right next to the CEO's camera feed

idk if its a webex system thing but they always show up first in the little whos speaking bar

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

colleague whose kids start a full on row that we all get to hear because she's in airpods from home and hasn't muted, lol

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
digital inserted background image that drops out occasionally and reveals horrific piles of trash and dirty laundry covering the table behind the presenter

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

fresh_cheese posted:

digital inserted background image that drops out occasionally and reveals horrific piles of trash and dirty laundry covering the table behind the presenter

oh hello you've worked with my reportee when they forget to set blur on

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
an image you can smell

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
lady who has mysteriously been “unable to get her camera to work” for the last several weeks

not hating; I respect it

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

i stopped giving a poo poo about the sleeping bags, pile of laptops, and 3d printer on the table behind me.

idgaf anymore.

i may turn it into a game and start adding random stuff every now and then so folks can play i spy with the crap on my project table while i ramble about whatever.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
people of a certain age who refuse to use a headset and just bellow at their laptop mic and complain about echo.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

people of a certain age who refuse to use a headset and just bellow at their laptop mic and complain about echo.

this describes most people at my company. although macbooks are pretty good at eliminating echo/feedback after the first few seconds

i'm one of very few dorks who uses a headset, but i'm usually wearing it for music listening purposes anyway

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

people of a certain age who refuse to use a headset

lol if you think i'm spending a dime of my money on that poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

lol if you think i'm spending a dime of my money on that poo poo

i just asked the helpdesk for a headset and they gave me one, try that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

i just asked the helpdesk for a headset and they gave me one, try that

rolf

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

About 10 years ago I worked at a company with a young guy that did this. Every loving meeting we were in, he'd never mute himself and I guess echo canceling tech wasn't what it is today... we'd keep asking him to mute when he wasn't speaking because we'd get constant echo and feedback.

He was a scrum master too so sitting around in meetings was basically his job

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
whoa, you dared question the wisdom of the Scrum Master? brother it's a miracle you lived to tell the tale

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ADINSX posted:

About 10 years ago I worked at a company with a young guy that did this. Every loving meeting we were in, he'd never mute himself and I guess echo canceling tech wasn't what it is today... we'd keep asking him to mute when he wasn't speaking because we'd get constant echo and feedback.

that was a flex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ADINSX posted:

i had this exact guy except he also thundered away at his mechanical keyboard 100% of the time other folks were talking