Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

bobjr posted:

11 sends everyone back in time but it splits everyone up into 3 groups in 3 different time periods and they need to get back together

Jonathan, Will, Mike, and Argyle end up together and instead of time travelling back to the future we just watch them idle around through the years until they catch up in real time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Steve and Robin end up in 2015, but it’s the 2015 from Back to the Future II. Steve trying to sell the idea to Universal is what causes it to not happen.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Jonathan, Will, Mike, and Argyle end up together and instead of time travelling back to the future we just watch them idle around through the years until they catch up in real time

Jon, Will, Mike, and Argyle end up in Sardinia 7000 years ago and invent the pizza.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bobjr posted:

11 sends everyone back in time but it splits everyone up into 3 groups in 3 different time periods and they need to get back together

Nah it'll be five groups minimum. Three is way too restrained. That pizza guy will lead one of the groups.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

stev posted:

Nah it'll be five groups minimum. Three is way too restrained. That pizza guy will lead one of the groups.

He starts his own thing during a spirit quest to Hawaii

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Spoilers

https://twitter.com/StrangerNews11/status/1591512306134941698

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That Eddie actor really lucked out playing the fan favorite character.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Season 5 Vol. 1 :gonk: Over/under on how long the mid season break will be this time?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

I hate this.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Guys Twitter is a land of poo poo and fake posts since Elon took over there is no way

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I trust The Sonnyfive to provide accurate fan drawings regarding future episodes.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Squiggly posted:

Guys Twitter is a land of poo poo and fake posts since Elon took over there is no way

They can't do that! We need Twitter for certified news!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nobody actually dies in Stranger Things, so it makes sense that Eddie would magically still be alive.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When he appears as a vision to Dustin during an important moment while Dustin is giving his all to do something, will either of them reference Obi Wan Kenobi or force ghosts?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Squiggly posted:

"@StrangerNews11" is the actual twitter handle. I don't think it's official.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

CainFortea posted:

"@StrangerNews11" is the actual twitter handle. I don't think it's official.

It's the same one as the one a few pages ago, it's definitely fake

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Nobody actually dies in Stranger Things, so it makes sense that Eddie would magically still be alive.

Barb's actress still upset she didn't get to do a sweet guitar solo before dying

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Hobo Clown posted:

Barb's actress still upset she didn't get to do a sweet guitar solo before dying

FWIW I am too

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

She didn't need a guitar solo, it would've been nice if they let her do anything cool or before she got got though.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
They all pair off, have kids who go to school together (also in the 80's somehow), and all become cops.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Buttchocks posted:

They all pair off, have kids who go to school together (also in the 80's somehow), and all become cops.

No that's the ending to Harry Potter

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
I just finished season 4

So is Vecna the mindflayer creature now? Or is he working for it? Wtf is going on

I thought the season was pretty good. Best since season 1 imo. Season 2 had the creepiest cosmic horror in it with that giant shadow form the mindflayer took

Ill catch season 5

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MLSM posted:

I just finished season 4

So is Vecna the mindflayer creature now? Or is he working for it? Wtf is going on

I thought the season was pretty good. Best since season 1 imo. Season 2 had the creepiest cosmic horror in it with that giant shadow form the mindflayer took

Ill catch season 5

i think he was controlling it, maybe?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

My read was that he discovered the Mind Flayer in its weird cloud of darkness form and formed it into the spider-like shape it took in S2-3

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MLSM posted:

There's some question as to the nature of the Upside Down-- whether it can be influenced be the person making contact/entering the domain.

So while it shaped Vecna into the murder monster it is today, it could be that 01's anger/hatred also caused that blasted landscape. Whether the Flayer is a natural thing or some manifestation of hate is up for grabs.

But as of right now, it looks like a lot of the gross vine-tendrils trace back to Vecna, and that he controls a large part of the Upside Down in some way, Flayer included.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

sebmojo posted:

i think he was controlling it, maybe?

I preferred the version of the mindflayer in seasons 1-3 as some sort of crazy lovecraftian god instead of the retcon version in season 4 as some sort of angry incel supervillain out of a marvel flick

Still enjoyed it though

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MLSM posted:

I preferred the version of the mindflayer in seasons 1-3 as some sort of crazy lovecraftian god instead of the retcon version in season 4 as some sort of angry incel supervillain out of a marvel flick

Still enjoyed it though

This but also the fact that the Upside Down isn't a spooky parallel dimension but a recreation of the town made by some guy.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

MLSM posted:

Still enjoyed it though

Vecna was also really bad at his one job, dreamkilling people. It was really stupid to make him the shaper of the Upside Down, when it could have been just a lovecraftian near-dimension where the better psychs are twisted into its heralds, while everyone else are the sheep they feed on, not the other way around.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Granted, we can still get a reveal next season that upends all that. Power granted to be the thrall that infects the real world and all that, just like Billy was used.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, I'm not sure I buy the idea that the Mind Flayer is subservient to Vecna. He clearly shaped it and influenced it, but there's an implication that he only took over the UD because the Flayer's gone. Plus his personal domain looks very much different from the UD at large.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MLSM posted:

Still enjoyed it though
I don't think that's what happened, if that helps.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

yeah im not sure how you came to the conclusion that vecna and the mind flayer are the same being

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Wafflecopper posted:

yeah im not sure how you came to the conclusion that vecna and the mind flayer are the same being

Hm, idk I thought that was the gist of the last season, I'd be glad to be wrong though

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
When 11 first sends 1 to the Upside Down he wanders around exploring and literally sees the Mind Flayer in front of him. I have no idea how someone would think they're the same entity

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
He literally says he found the instrument of his revenge as he's shaping it into a spider

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I figure that the upside down, and by extension the mind flayer, were like a super saturated solution. All the same stuff is there, but in a formless way.

When 01 was shoved into it, he acted like a seed crystal. It's not that he created the mind flayer, or even really formed it like an artist shaping clay. It was just his very presence acted on the upside down in ways that weren't conscience. The upside down "saw" itself in him as if he were a dark mirror. And took from him the part of the real world that was in his mind. That's why everything is stuck in that day.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's about trauma and it rules.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It seems like the physical linking of Hawkins to the upside down plays some role in how there’s a mirrored version of Hawkins there. Vecna’s mind couldn’t create all that because he’s just some weirdo janitor who probably wasn’t even allowed outside for the duration of the 1970s. The demogorgons are already there when he shows up, albeit just minding their own business walking around on rocks. He might think he formed everything to his liking, but he doesn’t have to be correct.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

It seems like the physical linking of Hawkins to the upside down plays some role in how there’s a mirrored version of Hawkins there. Vecna’s mind couldn’t create all that because he’s just some weirdo janitor who probably wasn’t even allowed outside for the duration of the 1970s. The demogorgons are already there when he shows up, albeit just minding their own business walking around on rocks. He might think he formed everything to his liking, but he doesn’t have to be correct.

Right, like, I said he didn't make the upside down how it is. The way i'm seeing it his simple existence in that space did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Based on Nancy’s diary, isn’t Hawkins in the upside down a snapshot of the day Will disappeared and not the day Vecna was banished there? I’m curious what he did in the intervening 3-4 years.