Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I used to love Jersey Mike's ages ago, but hadn't had them for years after moving across the country until one finally opened up here earlier this year. The quality's as great as I remember, but every sub I've ordered has had 75% of the meats in the center third of the sandwich, and then tailing off to basically nothing by either end. It's like every sandwich is tailored for a promo shot of just the center.

Is that just how Jersey Mike's is, or does nobody here know how to make sandwiches?

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Ain’t a problem with mine. I bet they have one guy who doesn’t do it right that trained everyone and it just rolled downhill from there.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
We've got two in town now and they both just stack the poo poo out of the meat all the way through. I think I had maybe one sub where I thought they may have skimped a bit.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ugh. Well, I guess can just open up my sandwiches and manually redistribute the toppings for myself. Thanks Mike

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

always judge a place by the size of their tuna scoop

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well, Jersey Mike's has been doing better on the meat distributing end since my earlier complaint. Thanks for listening, whoever read my post and was shamed into learning how to do it correctly!

Finally tried their cheesesteak today, a really good mess especially with added mushrooms.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

#17, please.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i just looked at the menu and the #s are all over the place. it's like ordering food based on a football roster arranged alphabetically

----------------

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

i say swears online posted:

i just looked at the menu and the #s are all over the place. it's like ordering food based on a football roster arranged alphabetically

Yeah, that bugs me. At least the cold sub numbers start off making sense, but then they're always listed out of order. The hot ones are just all over the place from the start. Where are the 40 missing sandwiches, Mike :tinfoil:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe they were failed prototypes that blew up on the launchpad

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tossed into the Jersey shore

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I finally tried the Big Kahuna cheese steak because hey, mushrooms, extra cheese, and some jalapenos sound great. I thought I'd gotten more than I'd bargained for in hotness after my first bite, but it turned out they piled all of the peppers right at the front end of the sandwich. Thanks, Mike! :supaburn:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

You got kahuna’d

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
does jms have any bread that wasn’t hit with a goddamn cornmeal bukkake

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Nikumatic posted:

does jms have any bread that wasn’t hit with a goddamn cornmeal bukkake

Get the wrap :eng101:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
their plain white bread is plain white bread

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

The wheat is always a little bit stale

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Cancro special Mike's way with the relish, it's a delight

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Since when did they have relish? :tviv:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Had a dream about Jersey Mike's so I got a giant #4 today.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

eightysixed posted:

Since when did they have relish? :tviv:

It's a cherry pepper relish situation and it is the best part of any of their cold subs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

marchantia posted:

It's a cherry pepper relish situation and it is the best part of any of their cold subs

Oh man, I never even noticed that. I already like banana peppers better than the jalapenos, relish seems like the next step.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

marchantia posted:

Okay, well you’ve basically guaranteed I’m ordering a Mikes sub this week. :getin:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

eightysixed posted:

Get the wrap :eng101:

This is the worst advice I've ever heard anywhere about anything.

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
idk everyone probably SHOULD discover at some point that there are materials that are not quite solid, not quite liquid, not quite powder, and not quite gelatin and sometimes those materials are full of deli meats

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well, I tried the cherry pepper relish after it came up earlier, it was very good but a bit too much in the background, at least with the amount they put on. Today I got the big kahuna cheesesteak with banana peppers instead of jalapenos, I think that's the prefect level of tartness/heat for these things.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

marchantia posted:

I wish I could buy a jar of that stuff. so good

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Somebody tell Mike to stop sprinkling cornmeal all over his bread, more of it ends up on me than in me by the time I'm done eating :arghfist:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's the cleanliness sand to soak up all the oil. i ask for extra

----------------

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

Try this. In most US groceries.

https://shop.cento.com/products/cento-diced-hot-cherry-pepper-hoagie-spread-12-fl-oz

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

hell yes thank you I will keep an eye out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have been using Jersey Mikes instead of Subway for my forest sandwich. You can't get it Mike's way though because I eat half of it in the car while I drive down there and it drips all over the place. Same with the chipotle turkey sub.

The way around this though I have found is to get the chipotle turkey sandwich and olive oil (not the full Mike's way) and it is much more car stable to eat and it mixes well together by the time I'm in the woods.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Forest Sandwich.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Randabis posted:

Forest Sandwich.

you're acting like that's a weird phrase or something

----------------

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've had a good mountain sandwich before, I get it

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

marchantia posted:

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

This is a similar product that isn't as good as the Cento, but still hits the spot and makes sandwiches better:
https://wicklespickles.com/product/spicy-red-sandwich-spread/

I usually keep a few jars in the pantry for sandwiches, and I'll also mix a little of either the Cento or the Wickles into meatloaf and pasta sauces.

As for Jersey Mike's, it is the best of all the chain sub shops. We have a couple of great locally owned sandwich shops here that I'm more likely to go to, but I'll still hit Jersey Mike's for an Original Italian #13, Mike's Way, with jalapenos and cherry pepper relish, once or twice a year.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you don't want bread or you're low carb or whatever, they'll make your sub in a tub and it's like a big juicy mike's way salad it's awesome

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Got my free rewards sandwich today, online order but the wait time was 35 minutes...actually took 45min. Lunch rush is back.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I had a #2 mikes way from the LAX JM and I feel like it could have used more juice

Also where or what is the #1? Classic Pimms No. 5 situation to have so many sequential numbers omitted

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

more like jersey slow as heck's!!!! Its frustrating because how many people are waiting in line seems to be no indicator of how long it will take because sometimes they have a million online orders

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!