Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

turns out if your business model is based around squeezing owners for franchise fees and locking them into usurious supply contracts, your rapid nationwide expansion may see a reversal

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was gonna get double points on my app order today, but then I found it I already had enough for a free sub. I figured I'd throw on some extra cheese since the sandwich was free, but it looks like that part disappeared once I hit the redeem points button? Has that happened to anyone else? I was secretly hoping the reward would cover it, but I would've been fine paying the extra cost since I'm saving quite a bit already :sigh:

e: turns out it was a false alarm, none of the electronic receipts included the extra cheese, but it was on the actual sandwich. Not included in the discount, but oh well.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 22, 2024

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Dokapon Findom posted:

I don't think anyone had such a strong start or fell off harder than Quizno's

There was a Quiznos near where I lived back when there were Quiznoses. I'd walk over there pretty often because they had some lobster stuff and that was really unusual for fast food, and got pretty friendly with the staff. They were always complaining about how mad the owner always was. One day I walked over there and there was this notice from the government on the locked door that said "Official notice of abandonment" I guess the owner just walked away. I've never seen one of those before or since.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

is jersey mikes right now pretty much just subway when it was actually good?

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Subway is better now than they were when I was a kid. They were using the cheapest of veggies and meats possible, and the bread was just a simpler version of what it is now and there was only one kind. I will say the fact that it didn't flake all over the place (I don't know who wants that but clearly someone does since they make the bread more flakey every time they announce an improvement) was nice. The seafood and meatball subs tastes exactly the same.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 29, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Man I miss having a local Togos, used to be my top tier in SoCal for a franchise sandwich place way back when, but capitalism so it prolly sucks now

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Man I miss having a local Togos, used to be my top tier in SoCal for a franchise sandwich place way back when, but capitalism so it prolly sucks now

I remember Togos being great in SoCal many years ago, then I moved away and not too long after they opened one near me.

It lasted probably as long as the minimum lease because no one knew it was like a pound of delicious pastrami on a sandwich.

It was a bit pricy for the time but totally worth it back then for what is probably less than what you could get a mediocre sandwich now :rip:

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Togos has the best sandwich place pastrami by a mile. There's one in Eugene still.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I live in the bay area and we still have togoses all over the place. Love that pastrami sandwich with au jus for dipping :yum:

e: But it normally comes with chipotle mayo, swap that poo poo out for mustard and you're in for a good time.

e2: I'm going to get one right now.

Rahu fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 1, 2024

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Rahu posted:

I live in the bay area

I had my first #16 at the Togos in Chico. I have no idea if it's still there.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

If you don't talk it up with your local JM, you are a menace.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

There was just a Jersey Mike's commercial on TV and Danny Devito introduced the founder of Jersey Mike's and apparently his name is actually Peter. Founded on lies I say.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

#13 everything but onions and jalapeños. Ordered on the app and they were still making it when I showed up. The First Lady was finishing it up and got called away, so the Second Lady went over looked it over and gave it a second splash of oil and vinegar before wrapping it up. It was a messy bitch but I’m not complaining

----------------

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Just ordered there yesterday since they were donating sales to charity. I've really been coming around on the Cancro Special, it's helped a lot by adding extra meat and taking a minute to arrange the pepperoni and beef so they're more evenly distributed. I think I left off the red wine vinegar the first time I tried it too, but that really helps it out. Not a flavor combo I thought I'd love, but it turns out it's really good :kiss:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Drove by today when I was hungry and got the usual, an Original Italian Mike’s way with vinegar on the bottom bun, pepper spread on the top, and gabagool instead of pepperoni, as I’ve eaten enough pepperoni in this life already and it bores me. Sandwich was pretty good, as expected, just too much preserved meat for me today, which is something I never thought I’d say. Also, the buns are a little too soft and flavorless, they always have been but it never bothered me before.

Maybe I just wasn’t in the right mood and should have gotten something else. Oh well.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
That’s why I always get the wraps, specifically the tomato ones, but they’re rarely in stock at my local place.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Double points day :toot:

But of course I checked my rewards, and I was already just one sandwich away from getting a free one, making the bonus feel a bit less special, so whatever :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tabasco_hijikata
Apr 12, 2024

Can you weaklings handle tabasco?

Made from tabasco peppers, vinegar and salt.

Tabasco products are sold in more than 195 countries and territories, and packaged in 36 languages and dialects.
it's aight but nothing worth going to