Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

post hole digger posted:

im glad he finally put that trust fund to use and got out of here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Ciaphas posted:

i hope he's okay / doing well :(

same. i just think it's weird he was poasting like normal and then one day just decided not open the same browser window he has for the last 11 years

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

actually now that ive written it out it makes a lot of sense he's fine

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

in similar news, see you all around

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Cat Face Joe posted:

in similar news, see you all around

rotor posted:

frankly, lots of people would be better off not posting for 10 days, or perhaps even longer

i wish you all the best, friendo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

post hole digger posted:

im glad he finally put that trust fund to use and got out of here.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

same. i just think it's weird he was poasting like normal and then one day just decided not open the same browser window he has for the last 11 years

well, i hope he's well and believe you're correct. part of me hopes he's okay, as he did drive a motorcycle around the city and such; some high risk activities. probably he is just not posting

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

rotor posted:

i wish you all the best, friendo

thanks rotor

edit: ah gently caress. might as well stick around i guess

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
he made it out. an inspiration

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

thanks rotor

smdh

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

thanks rotor

yospos syndrome, huh

also yes, hope sagebrush is doing well

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i too wish sagebrush the best.

i'm always deeply concerned when someone with a small aircraft pilot's license "drops off the radar"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

maybe he quit his job and moved to belize

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

thanks rotor

lol

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

he did post about how he was reading fewer and fewer threads because the subject matters were depressing him, so not *too* surprising that he decided to just go straight for the logical conclusion of zero threads read.

e: might as well quote:

Sagebrush posted:

i already unbookmarked the cjs, hellworld and wfh threads because they were getting too bad for my mental health. do i have to quit reading this one too now? :(

Sagebrush posted:

they were both just getting really cynical about everything.

or perhaps they were always that cynical, and something has changed in my brain. i really don't think i can take the general negativity about the world anymore. i think maybe the ukraine stuff (another thread i had to stop reading) made something snap in me over the last couple of months. i hear about the roe v wade stuff now and it's literally too much for me to handle. i turned off all the news notifications on my phone and on the forums am cutting back to mostly the lighter threads about motorcycles and stuff. i need to maintain some optimism to keep my own life together.

yeah, i'm moving that way. my posts per day are way down.

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 22, 2022

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
if you log out of the forums you die irl

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

He forgot his password

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

whos sagebrush

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

he did post about how he was reading fewer and fewer threads because the subject matters were depressing him, so not *too* surprising that he decided to just go straight for the logical conclusion of zero threads read.

e: might as well quote:

drat... this is why its very important to have a healthy reserve of threads that make you lol

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Buck Turgidson posted:

drat... this is why its very important to have a healthy reserve of threads that make you lol

that, and an honest assessment of the world is actually pretty grim right now. it's understandable why someone might think i'm going to limit my exposure to the news and goings on of the world, and then do that to protect themselves

funny threads help some, to be sure

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lol just don’t read the thread that are designed to make you feel bad. it’s not hard!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

lol just don’t read the thread that are designed to make you feel bad. it’s not hard!

hmmm can you compile a list of threads where i might come across.... your posts...????? :smugmrgw: :blastu: :flame: :rowdytrout:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

post hole digger posted:

hmmm can you compile a list of threads where i might come across.... your posts...????? :smugmrgw: :blastu: :flame: :rowdytrout:

:rackem:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

post hole digger posted:

:thurman:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

post hole digger posted:

wrap it up, jennyailures, you have been owned

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

its my favorite emoji. i love that lil guy.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

post hole digger posted:

its my favorite emoji. i love that lil guy.

mine is :chord:

its a dog! smokin a pipe! look at him go!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

post hole digger posted:

aw hell

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

:quig:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
sagebrush flew his plane into a mountain like I hoped, and is now posting with a bunch of volleyballs

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
Good on him. That's a commendable move that takes a large amount of mental fortitude for most people. Good luck to you, dude. Build some skills, pursue hobbies, and try out side projects.
I'd recommend everyone try out avoiding forums/news/etc for a full week (without increasing other media usage) to see what its like.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you hadn't posted since may. you were doing so well

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I HAVE GOUT posted:

Good on him. That's a commendable move that takes a large amount of mental fortitude for most people. Good luck to you, dude. Build some skills, pursue hobbies, and try out side projects.
I'd recommend everyone try out avoiding forums/news/etc for a full week (without increasing other media usage) to see what its like.

whats gout like?

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

rotor posted:

mine is :chord:

its a dog! smokin a pipe! look at him go!

that dog loves smoking.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

that dog loves smoking.

here's the origin story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_3MnVen08&t=75s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
puff puff pass