Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

All beef hotdog with yellow mustard and sweet relish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The only thing I don't get about hot dogs is why the gently caress would you eat a hot dog when bratwursts exist? They're like hot dogs but better in every way. Or eat a danged Italian sausage.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

King Vidiot posted:

The only thing I don't get about hot dogs is why the gently caress would you eat a hot dog when bratwursts exist? They're like hot dogs but better in every way. Or eat a danged Italian sausage.

those things all taste completely different!!! thats not how food works at all!!!!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I want a chilli dog

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QX57aIDbDU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

those things all taste completely different!!! thats not how food works at all!!!!!!

Dude it's not even apples and oranges, it's like Granny Smith vs. Golden Delicious vs. Regular rear end Red Apples.

Hot dogs are the regular rear end apples if that wasn't clear

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

sometimes you gotta eat a hot dog, sometimes you gotta eat a sausage, they're different experiences for different vibes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

King Vidiot posted:

Dude it's not even apples and oranges, it's like Granny Smith vs. Golden Delicious vs. Regular rear end Red Apples.

Hot dogs are the regular rear end apples if that wasn't clear

It's more like apples and pears tbqh

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I don’t get “hot” dogs.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I eat chicken dogs because they are usually only 2 bucks a pack but beef or pork hot dogs are like 6 bucks for no good reason I can tell.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

I'm pretty sure you are suppose to cram them into your rear end.

Whoa whoa whoa, one at a time, decorum. :hmmyes:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Another Bill posted:

Slow grilled all beef weiners with spicy kimchi and toasted buns are next level delicious

I feel like an absolute fool for never considering kimchi on a hot dog before

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

I eat chicken dogs because they are usually only 2 bucks a pack but beef or pork hot dogs are like 6 bucks for no good reason I can tell.

same, like lol what was I even talking about I don't even eat red meat anymore so I don't have a (hot) dog in this race

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Aesop Poprock posted:

We’ve all been there man.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

By popular demand posted:

Hot dogs aren't jerked you ninny! Eat fresh.

Jamaican jerk hot dogs might be good

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I can't do this anymore, I need to come clean.

I get hot dogs. I love hot dogs. I want a grilled, all beef dog with snappy skin on a buttered, toasted roll. I want it topped with diced onions, pickle relish and yellow mustard. I want my hot dog served next to some canned baked beans and I want it eaten in three God drat bites. I love hot dogs. I get hot dogs.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's a hot tube of meat you put between bread and cover with toppings what's not to get?
E:

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

I get hot dogs. I love hot dogs. I want a grilled, all beef dog with snappy skin on a buttered, toasted roll. I want it topped with diced onions, pickle relish and yellow mustard. I want my hot dog served next to some canned baked beans and I want it eaten in three God drat bites. I love hot dogs. I get hot dogs.

:hmmyes:

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 29, 2022

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

I get hot dogs. I love hot dogs. I want a grilled, all beef dog with snappy skin on a buttered roll. I want it topped with diced onions, pickle relish and yellow mustard. I want my hot dog served next to some canned baked beans and I want it eaten in three God drat bites. I love hot dogs. I get hot dogs.

:mrgw:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

C'mon folks, fix yourselves up a couple o' dawgs!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the goat hotdogs, hebrew nationals aka holy rollers

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Not sure why they're not just called Frank Sandwiches

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Blue Raider posted:

Do they actually follow kosher laws? Because that would mean they have to be made from actual meat instead of lips and assholes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm gonna cook burgs for dinner

They ain't dogs, but they'll do

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's so drat good man

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Another Bill posted:

It's so drat good man

i actually just bought a big rear end jar of kimchi for $7 at costco, maybe I'll go get some dogs and fire up the ol' knockoff weber today

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

Do they actually follow kosher laws? Because that would mean they have to be made from actual meat instead of lips and assholes.

I can’t say but I assume so. But I also don’t know what being kosher involves. They’re good as gently caress tho

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Yaldabaoth posted:

the ingredients say "kosher beef"

but I don't think the hot dogs themselves specifically claim to be kosher

MrQwerty posted:

i actually just bought a big rear end jar of kimchi for $7 at costco, maybe I'll go get some dogs and fire up the ol' knockoff weber today

it would be pretty funny if costco was the only source of kimchi for a county or an entire state

Growing up with the stuff (I have radish kimchi in the fridge right now), I don't see kimchi as bougie. More of a necessity for some or a change of pace for others but never a delicacy.

I'm gonna see if they have some weird flavors at whole foods. That would be wild.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

sb hermit posted:

the ingredients say "kosher beef"

but I don't think the hot dogs themselves specifically claim to be kosher

it would be pretty funny if costco was the only source of kimchi for a county or an entire state

Growing up with the stuff (I have radish kimchi in the fridge right now), I don't see kimchi as bougie. More of a necessity for some or a change of pace for others but never a delicacy.

I'm gonna see if they have some weird flavors at whole foods. That would be wild.

there's some really good bougie af stuff I buy at Natural Grocers on occasion but, like, I'll sit around eating kimchi out of a jar at work on my lunch break so

I think I am gonna make some kimchi dogs, maybe I'll go to Keller's (local real-rear end butcher with really good meat) and get some bougie dogs and buns

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I've made my own kimchi half a dozen times but it's just easier to buy it in a jar, or preferably from my corner grocers elderly Korean mom who keeps it in a large bucket in the dairy cooler.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I love phallic meats as much as the next guy but why have a hot dog when bratwurst, polish sausage, hot links, horse cock etc all exist

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Another Bill posted:

I've made my own kimchi half a dozen times but it's just easier to buy it in a jar, or preferably from my corner grocers elderly Korean mom who keeps it in a large bucket in the dairy cooler.

At my grocery in the vegan section they sell "mother in law" kimchi and it always makes me laugh to see it. Kimchi that tastes just like my mother in law makes!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Blue Raider posted:

Nathan's and Costco are both way better than Hebrew National.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've actually never had a Costco dog because I've never been to a Costco but I don't like the way Nathan's dogs snap

I know people love it, and that's fine, but I don't

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Traxis posted:

I love phallic meats as much as the next guy but why have a hot dog when bratwurst, polish sausage, hot links, horse cock etc all exist

A brat and a frank have different tastes and work differently with various toppings. There's something nice about a simple hotdog sometimes. Especially so when you're camping.
poo poo, sometimes I'll hurt myself and have an Oscar Mayer cheese dog on a cold, white bun and slathered in ketchup. The dog is probably 96% sphincter and beak while the "cheese" is a unique fungus harvested from people recovering from athlete's foot. It's still disgustingly delicious and nostalgic.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

You put them in your mouth.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I read this thread and decided to get some dogs today.

:getin:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Hey OP I gotcha hotdogs right heyah! Ohh!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Traxis posted:

Because I'm a cheap piece of poo poo!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

got some fresh smoked green chile beef franks, hot italian sausage and german brats from the butcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blue Raider posted:

That's the one my dude