Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

man I'm gonna miss my hedge maze when 1.0 wipes everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That actually owns, I haven't seen a maze like that before

Also new trailer that still doesn't tell us what the difficulty settings actually do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_2ZRn9F_k

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My hype is through the stratosphere. Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm going to write the new OP over the weekend, most of it will just be updating language and a few other bits (probably trying to guesstimate about the new v blood system) but if anyone has recommendations for stuff to include let me know

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
New blog post, discusses official servers as well as the new difficulty settings

https://blog.stunlock.com/server-maintenance-save-resets-and-official-servers/

Looks like there isn't an official No Raid + Brutal official server option, so I'll either need to find a private server or just play Normal again.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'm interested in V more now that it's close to release. I have a bunch of random questions I don't really know the answer to after reading the current OP:

Hows controller support at this point? Is this reasonable to play on the Deck? Hows does PVP work in terms of the gameplay and servers? I sometimes find PVP gameplay fun but don't typically play in a clan or group. If I join a PVP server should I expect there's clans with castles all around that I should avoid/attack? Can I develop my own castle somewhere, and is that progression bound to that server?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There isn't any controller support yet. It's coming in 1.0 so we don't really know what it is going to look like.

The rest of your questions are kinda related. When you play on a server, your character is tied to that server. Thus, if you play on different servers you are playing different characters and they can't swap servers. If you don't like pvp, you should not play on a pvp server because that setting is permanent. No matter where you play you can and should develop your own castle. The issue might be a lack of space. You might need to find someone who hasn't played in a bit and destroy their castle so you can build in its place, which you can do regardless of server settings.

Edit: Of course, you can play offline on a private server with some friends, which is what I will be doing 95% of my time in 1.0.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 3, 2024

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Yea those were the answers I was worried about. I'm very interested in the PvP component of having a castle and contending with other vampires with castles, but not very interested in figuring out the game and getting set up on an old server with dead bases and existing clans working against me. I guess I'll either try it offline, or find a newer server inevitably going up around release.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

In a bit of a weird position where I haven't picked this up in a while and getting the itch for it. BUT, the new release is so close, so I guess I'll just hold off a few days. Gahhhhh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atoramos posted:

Yea those were the answers I was worried about. I'm very interested in the PvP component of having a castle and contending with other vampires with castles, but not very interested in figuring out the game and getting set up on an old server with dead bases and existing clans working against me. I guess I'll either try it offline, or find a newer server inevitably going up around release.

every server on release will be newer if they're part of 1.0, saves aren't carrying over unless you stay on the pre-release patch

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Thinking about trying PvE brutal

quote:

Brutal difficulty is only recommended for Vampires who have already experienced the full breadth of Vardoran at least once. For those of you new to the world, your best first experience will probably be on normal difficulty. However, if you want to experience V Rising in a new way, this is your opportunity to get your undead heart pumping again!

Many V Blood bosses now have new behaviors and abilities.
V Blood bosses have more health.
V Blood bosses deal significantly more damage.
V Blood bosses are higher level.
Enemies deal significantly more damage.
More loot drops from all sources. You need it.
Item durability drains more slowly. Trust me, you’ll thank us.

If theres interest Ill spin up a server. Otherwise Ill tackle it solo

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

Atoramos posted:

Thing with PvP is some people know the game in and out and a substancial part of those people had access to beta so its going to be even worse. I enjoy pvp but i cant keep up thats why im going to look for a no-raid server and some tweaks maybe to soften death drops. Ideally i would love time-level-locked server so everyone caps at like 40 for 3 days, then 60, etc...

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There aren't going to be THAT many sweatlords and you'll probably run into people of all skill levels, especially during launch week. Just go with whatever server type interests you. imo this isn't a game you're supposed to play on one server/character forever. Jump on a freshly reset server when your current one gets onery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
1.0 thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4060303