Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I'm still catching up with the videos, but this does seem like a remarkably well-made game and I feel like I missed out, having had no idea this existed back when I was a kid.
It's well-written, the art and voice acting is pretty well-done, there's plenty to do and look at, and the puzzle design feels halfway decent. I watched the old 1973 three musketeers film recently, and it feels like the designers were trying to capture a similar brand of comedy.

Is it just me or do some of the sprites look like they're cribbed heavily from monkey island 2 - I haven't checked but the proportions and posture look really familiar, like someone took them as a.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

You know, now that it's been mentioned, the VA for Geoffroi does sound quite a bit like Eric Idle.
I was wondering about the scope reduction thing, although it is in the spirit of adventure games to have no money throughout most of the game and have to barter/steal/improvise everything instead of just buying it.