Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win E3????
The Gamers
This year, it's all about the Gamers
Finally, it's Gamers
Power to the Players
View Results

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Still think every so often about that (awesome) CGI video they played and then the project lead coming out weeping with happiness that it was FINALLY happening.... then a year later Joseph Gordon Levitt offered to steal people's art for the game, and then I think that was the last we ever heard of the game again?

Ancel's not with Ubisoft anymore and BGE2 was 100% his project so there's no doubt that it's just been quietly cancelled. I don't think people were really receptive to it as it was anyway, it didn't seem like the sequel that people wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Crying remembering the best E3 of all time. Shenmue 3 and FF 7 Remake back to back

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

man nurse posted:

We press F around these parts

Semper F

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

Ancel's not with Ubisoft anymore and BGE2 was 100% his project so there's no doubt that it's just been quietly cancelled. I don't think people were really receptive to it as it was anyway, it didn't seem like the sequel that people wanted.

Is Joseph Gordon Levitt still going to be able to steal people's art at least? :ohdear:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

man nurse posted:

Crying remembering the best E3 of all time. Shenmue 3 and FF 7 Remake back to back

https://youtu.be/WY1p8ZgvqYM

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

wuggles posted:

in honor of Keigh3 season here's what is possibly the last great corporate cringe moment

https://youtu.be/vicSTM_OukU

Jesus It's like watching someone drown in real time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Is Joseph Gordon Levitt still going to be able to steal people's art at least? :ohdear:

I mean, that's his entire thing now. If you check his Twitter, it's nothing but him thirstily asking for people's art to steal.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hoping we see more Bomb Rush Cyberpunk.

Also y'all know Nintendo just going to release another mic drop level Direct.

I love E3 time :allears:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

i'm sure Ubisoft is trying to figure out how to incorporate NFTs into it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wuggles posted:

in honor of Keigh3 season here's what is possibly the last great corporate cringe moment

https://youtu.be/vicSTM_OukU

I don't remember this Need for Speed title ever existing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, that's his entire thing now. If you check his Twitter, it's nothing but him thirstily asking for people's art to steal.

I hear he paid that person to smear a cake on the Mona Lisa's bulletproof glass just to feel something close to normal.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

could have sworn there was a capcom presentation scheduled but maybe not. Looking forward to finally getting some Village DLC and seeing Dragon's Dogma 2 in action whenever they decide to reveal that

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

it's the most wonderful time of the year

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

for the overnight draculas, there's this happening in 5 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cPfO04rbls

probably not going to be anything crazy but they might announce new saga remaster/remakes, a lot of people are hoping Minstrel Song will eventually get a remaster

e: also goes without saying but this probably will not be in english or have english subs

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 31, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What's the big meme game that everyone wants to see announced since Skate 4 is real now?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

What's the big meme game that everyone wants to see announced since Skate 4 is real now?
easily Silksong

for me personally, UFO 50 or Knuckle Sandwich, which have been in Forever Development. i'm not really expecting either but maybe knuckle sandwich could sneak into an indie showcase with at least a '2023!' date or something

e: maybe there's still someone out there that believes in Rockstar's Agent

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 31, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FF7R pt 2 or Factions 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Beyond Good and Evil 2

I want to see Starfield gameplay, mostly out of morbid curiousity

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

man nurse posted:

many a dook were dropped in trousers that year

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Total Annihilation 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

could have sworn there was a capcom presentation scheduled but maybe not. Looking forward to finally getting some Village DLC and seeing Dragon's Dogma 2 in action whenever they decide to reveal that

There is that competitive multiplayer mode to still put out for Village as well. At this point I figured all of that has been canceled.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

My number one wish game to see is FFVII Remake Part 2. Number two is probably Bloodlines 2, out of both morbid curiousity and a vain hope that it somehow ends up good.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It's the year of Advent Rising 2, for sure

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

that's ok, their 2021 presentation was "look at all this stuff we've already released! didn't we do good? also, RE8 will have dlc."

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Would also be super rad to have Monster Hunter World 2 just dropped in my lap with zero notice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're not going to announce a new mainline MH game when the expansion for the current one is just coming out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

They're not going to announce a new mainline MH game when the expansion for the current one is just coming out.

Yeah, that's true.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

With corporatations like Ubisoft and Square Enix trying to shove NFTs down our throats, we need live E3 events where audiences can boo the CEOs more than ever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They release a new MH like every other week it seems

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Infinitum posted:

They release a new MH like every other week it seems

Usually every 3 years.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Detective No. 27 posted:

With corporatations like Ubisoft and Square Enix trying to shove NFTs down our throats, we need live E3 events where audiences can boo the CEOs more than ever.

:hmmyes:

Except on stream we'd just be hearing recordings of canned applause and cheers from people who died decades ago anyway.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bloodplay it again posted:

:hmmyes:

Except on stream we'd just be hearing recordings of canned applause and cheers from people who died decades ago anyway.

WWE does this a lot. I've been in person to a show where something got boo'd and we'd see the televised version and they muted the boos down.

There's even an instance of a PPV where they edited in a crowd reaction where someone's holding a "RIP Latino Heat" sign years before Eddie Guerrero died.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

announced at the SaGa event

https://twitter.com/SaGaGame/status/1531578017872584704

this is my favorite SaGa game despite the goofy art and I'm excited for people to get to play it on modern systems. has my favorite iteration of SaGa combat/leveling, has the freeform open world, and the quest rank system encourages you to be constantly moving around and talking to NPCs

e: there will be a new Pokemon trailer tomorrow

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 31, 2022

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

sonic AND pokemon, let's go

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

announced at the SaGa event

https://twitter.com/SaGaGame/status/1531578017872584704

this is my favorite SaGa game despite the goofy art and I'm excited for people to get to play it on modern systems. has my favorite iteration of SaGa combat/leveling, has the freeform open world, and the quest rank system encourages you to be constantly moving around and talking to NPCs

e: there will be a new Pokemon trailer tomorrow

Woah that was sudden

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yu Suzuki has a new game for Apple Arcade called Air Twister that looks like it is combining Space Harrier and Panzer Dragoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1A5WJ2YFVc

it is a bit of an aesthetic nightmare that reminds me in a fun way of original xbox's japanese games. might be painfully boring, might be a fun diversion. releases June 24th

e: I've included some games that will feature during Day of the Devs and Future of Play in the OP, as the game devs have announced on Twitter. I won't include all of them, just some.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 31, 2022

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

haveblue posted:

Beyond Good and Evil 2

I want to see Starfield gameplay, mostly out of morbid curiousity

Aww man, I had forgotten about BG&E2 and now I'm sad. :(

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
RIP Prey 2, you would probably have been worse than the game we ended up getting but it's still fun to watch those videos and wonder what could have been: https://youtu.be/5h2TkpFEsn8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Still think every so often about that (awesome) CGI video they played and then the project lead coming out weeping with happiness that it was FINALLY happening.... then a year later Joseph Gordon Levitt offered to steal people's art for the game, and then I think that was the last we ever heard of the game again?

Once I saw JGL hawk his hitrecord video platform thing for beyond good and evil 2, I knew this poo poo was never going to come out.