Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win E3????
The Gamers
This year, it's all about the Gamers
Finally, it's Gamers
Power to the Players
View Results

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Man playing Xcom 2.. I sorta just wish Firaxis would do X3 rather than Midnight Sons

Fried Watermelon posted:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2

Fighter Pass 3 would be a massive power move by Nintendo.

Give me Captain N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

announced at the SaGa event

https://twitter.com/SaGaGame/status/1531578017872584704

this is my favorite SaGa game despite the goofy art and I'm excited for people to get to play it on modern systems. has my favorite iteration of SaGa combat/leveling, has the freeform open world, and the quest rank system encourages you to be constantly moving around and talking to NPCs

e: there will be a new Pokemon trailer tomorrow

That's odd.

I saw the trailer yesterday and didn't see anything that would warrant a mature content warning. Maybe the algorithm saw "minstel" and thought there'd be some Jim Crow poo poo or something.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Every time I post a Kirby screenshot the algorithm flags it, so who knows?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Makes sense, Kirby's naked

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Wait, E3 got cancelled again this year? How come?
Laughing at it was my second favorite part of each June! (First being FF5 fiesta)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think the ESA said why they cancelled the digital show.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
People are getting wayyyyyy too hyped over today's State of Play just because it's in June imo and we're gonna see some real salt when it's over. Sony hasn't attended E3 in five years, the concept does not exist to them anymore. Given the presentation is 45 minutes we're gonna get some updates on Horizon DLC and like a new Five Nights at Freddy's or some poo poo.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 2, 2022

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
There has never been anything anyone has cared about in a State of Play and it's always funny

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It'll probably spend some time on the new PS+ subs.

Wishlist item would be a MGS collection of some variety making an appearance.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just want a cool FFXVI trailer and a Bloodborne PS5 patch. Pretty easy to do Sony don’t mess it up

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

All I want is a release date for Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge and that's it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The only actual information they've released about this is that it will focus on "exciting reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2."

Also
https://twitter.com/mrpyo1/status/1532071083309797376

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Restart your PS5, Final Fantasy is out now!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

elf help book posted:

There has never been anything anyone has cared about in a State of Play and it's always funny

When they announce FF16 is available to play RIGHT NOW you will be ashamed of your words and deeds

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wanted to watch old footage from E3 2002 and all it did was make me depressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgV-45t9XG4

Not because of the games but so many people who were there are gone now. Robin, Gary, Will. :smith:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i am imagining sony spending 3-4 minutes on some 2D pixel platformer as sony fans seethe and mald over it taking up time that could've gone to gravity rush 3 or w/e

e: actually it'll probably be forspoken that they spend too much time on, but people will be mad about the VR stuff too

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wanted to watch old footage from E3 2002 and all it did was make me depressed.
RIP Konami and their legendary press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNGdiTmvAj4

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if you want a baffling conference, watch last year's indie live expo, it covered a lot of asian developers but the format of it was wild because they would just run through a bunch of games that varied from 'really slick AA-level game' to 'my first ever game for mobile made in a game making app' with no logic to the grouping/categorizing, and the hosts would just have to pretend every single one of the games looked awesome. it was also like crazy long

e: it is where i heard about transiruby though and that game seems cool

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 2, 2022

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The 7th Guest posted:

i am imagining sony spending 3-4 minutes on some 2D pixel platformer as sony fans seethe and mald over it taking up time that could've gone to gravity rush 3 or w/e

e: actually it'll probably be forspoken that they spend too much time on, but people will be mad about the VR stuff too

Anyone who wants a Gravity Rush 3 has been mad at Sony for much longer than a single event.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The 7th Guest posted:

silksong confirmed?????????

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If we see a Square Enix game at this thing at all, it's going to be Forspoken.

FFXVI will only appear when it's least expected, and because it's expected so thoroughly today, there's no chance.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The 7th Guest posted:

if you want a baffling conference, watch last year's indie live expo, it covered a lot of asian developers but the format of it was wild because they would just run through a bunch of games that varied from 'really slick AA-level game' to 'my first ever game for mobile made in a game making app' with no logic to the grouping/categorizing, and the hosts would just have to pretend every single one of the games looked awesome. it was also like crazy long

e: it is where i heard about transiruby though and that game seems cool

the nintendo indie presentations are also kind of funny because any Big Name Indie is probably going to get time in an actual direct and not the indie one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

People are getting wayyyyyy too hyped over today's State of Play just because it's in June imo and we're gonna see some real salt when it's over. Sony hasn't attended E3 in five years, the concept does not exist to them anymore. Given the presentation is 45 minutes we're gonna get some updates on Horizon DLC and like a new Five Nights at Freddy's or some poo poo.

Yeah, there are some things i'm hopeful for, but in reality i'm not expecting anything anyone actually wants to see.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Harrow posted:

If we see a Square Enix game at this thing at all, it's going to be Forspoken.

FFXVI will only appear when it's least expected, and because it's expected so thoroughly today, there's no chance.

But I'm not expecting it to be shown at all, ergo it'll definitely be shown.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Really hopeful for more Devolver content over just about anything else this year.

https://i.imgur.com/y87iArn.mp4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Didn't the DCU wrap up last year

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't expect much, simply Silksong, and the announcement that Persona 5 Royal is now available on all platforms, including the PS Vita.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m betting there’s some sort of Silent Hill VR thing here. That’s my one prediction.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Silent Hill VR would probably cause someone to literally die

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Sony event starts in 15 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr4PGa1sHFQ

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Hoping for something Final Fantasy related. FFXVI news would be nice. FFVII remake part 2 reveal would be a dream.

Probably just going to be Strangers in Paradise DLC.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

let's do this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Palmtree Panic posted:

Probably just going to be Strangers in Paradise DLC.

ooh Gilgamesh

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Can't believe Sony is going to announce an game.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sick. That's dope

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

drat, this looks rad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

visually, it looks good, but if they take the game where you are chased by a giant statue and make it a serious 'prestige' game that would suck

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

a fourth resident evil?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am the only person on Earth who hasn't played RE4 so might as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Leon's jacket appears courtesy of clothing company.