Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

*visiting a swedish church and attempting to take communion*
"oh you want some of MY bread and wine? lemme just write out a bill"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
in sweden, if your bro offers you a hit, he's gonna expect you to repay for 50% of that bowl

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Heather Papps posted:

the priest is going to get all sorts of stressed out, b/c you didn't bring your own bread

Nosfereefer

"i'm running a church here, not a charity!"
-swedish priest

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
Me, a Swedish: Yes, this is an Ikea and those meatballs will be $6.50, Slim.

Trying

Secret origin of the term "blue balls"

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

This was the real reason Christianity was enthusiastically adopted in Scandinavia.
Swedish dude: "wait, let's get this straight. Jesus invites us into his home, which is this church..."
Christian missionary: "yes, my child..."
SD: "and he provides bread and wine"
CM: "holy communion, yes."
SD: "sold"
(or, alternatively, if it isn't enthusiastically adopted)
SD: "that sounds extremely sus. Literally nobody does that".

Nosfereefer

Finger Prince posted:

This was the real reason Christianity was enthusiastically adopted in Scandinavia.
Swedish dude: "wait, let's get this straight. Jesus invites us into his home, which is this church..."
Christian missionary: "yes, my child..."
SD: "and he provides bread and wine"
CM: "holy communion, yes."
SD: "sold"
(or, alternatively, if it isn't enthusiastically adopted)
SD: "that sounds extremely sus. Literally nobody does that".

"i'm fully prepared to believe that god died on the cross for our sins, what i'm more concerned about is him feeding 5000 people for some reason"

Finger Prince

The miracle of the loaves and fishes wasn't even considered a miracle until the Swedes got wind of it.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Nosfereefer posted:

"i'm fully prepared to believe that god died on the cross for our sins, what i'm more concerned about is him feeding 5000 people for some reason"

:vince:

gleebster

Only a howler

Nosfereefer posted:

swedish jesus would expect his disciples to bring their own wine

Well, I brought some water. Couldn't you, uh, you know.

Nosfereefer

gleebster posted:

swedish jesus would still charge you for that, also make you feel like a douche for asking

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

Nosfereefer posted:

swedish jesus would still charge you for that, also make you feel like a douche for asking

...stingy rear end Lord

Nosfereefer

Literally A Person posted:

...stingy rear end Lord

:sweden:

google THIS

I believe that the Japanese fully wait on their guests and don't eat anything themselves while serving so that would be double awkward regardless of who hosted

google THIS

Nosfereefer posted:

Swedish Jesus intentionally makes surströmming to feed the 5000 and they're like no thanks and he's like fine, more for me

Actually maybe that legit is the reason why they eat rotten fish

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

gleebster posted:

Also...can ya do anything with this oregano?

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Nosfereefer

google THIS posted:

Swedish Jesus intentionally makes surströmming to feed the 5000 and they're like no thanks and he's like fine, more for me

Actually maybe that legit is the reason why they eat rotten fish

:O

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Swedish phishing only works on family members.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
If I go to Sweden and act all tender at the Swedes I bet they would give me some food. I think you all aren't trying hard enough. I'd say "Please feed me. I love you. Let's eat." I'd really turn on the charm.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
What is charm to a Swede? Like snow in the fjord.

Mr. Sunshine

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

In Sweden, if a child who is not related by blood asks you for food, you are legally mandated to sell them into thralldom where they will be raised to become backup dancers at eurovision.

Heather Papps

hello friend

is there some curse you get if you accidentally feed a troll or elf? like they get to keep your house and wife or something?

swedes i am TRYING to understand you

cruft

Nosfereefer posted:

imagine a land where rotten fish is the only source of flavour. then imagine that land got heinz ketchup

Mr. Sunshine

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

In Sweden we have no restaurants, because the idea of strange people eating in our presence makes us physically ill.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
People visiting Sweden would be advised to fill their cheek pouches with enough reserve food to last the duration of their trip.

Mr. Sunshine

Heather Papps posted:

is there some curse you get if you accidentally feed a troll or elf? like they get to keep your house and wife or something?

swedes i am TRYING to understand you

In Sweden, if you accidentally feed a stranger, the police will come and look at you disapprovingly. That's sort of like a curse.

Finger Prince

Mr. Sunshine posted:

In Sweden, if you accidentally feed a stranger, the police will come and look at you disapprovingly. That's sort of like a curse.

They actually come and remove the offending guest.

Finger Prince

Hëllø, Polis? My cousin Anders is visiting from Dånmark, and I believe he is wanting us to feed him. No. Yes. Yes we tried offering him some ketchup spaghetti, but he didn't seem to get the hint. Ok. Please hurry.

Finger Prince

To us in North America, the Swedish prison system looks very progressive. Little do we realize that to the Swede, it is the height of psychological torture, because while you're staying there, they feed you.

Mr. Sunshine

Finger Prince posted:

Hëllø, Polis? My cousin Anders is visiting from Dånmark, and I believe he is wanting us to feed him. No. Yes. Yes we tried offering him some ketchup spaghetti, but he didn't seem to get the hint. Ok. Please hurry.

A swede would never allow a dane into their house. We know it is merely a ruse by the perfidious dane to recapture the Älvsborg fortress.

Manifisto

the traditional smörgåsbord is extremely popular with swedish hosts, as it allows them to not serve a variety of hot and cold dishes to their guests, as opposed to not serving only a simple meal

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

It was just after dark when we heard it. A clattering of dishes, the report of a blunderbuss, and at length, the stampeding of many feet. The wind was blowing, so we couldn't hear the voices at first. After a few moments a line of chef's toques began to move down the village's main thoroughfare, bobbing like ghosts in the moonlight. Somewhere in their midst was the unlucky guest who had asked for food. As they approached the chanting finally became audible, like a flock of angry birds. By the time the mob passed in front of our house it was deafening. "Bork bork bork!" they cried, swinging their cleavers and ladles wildly as they carried their victim off to his doom. We bolted our shutters as they reached the outskirts and prayed that the wind would pick up enough to drown out the screams.

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

It was just after dark when we heard it. A clattering of dishes, the report of a blunderbuss, and at length, the stampeding of many feet. The wind was blowing, so we couldn't hear the voices at first. After a few moments a line of chef's toques began to move down the village's main thoroughfare, bobbing like ghosts in the moonlight. Somewhere in their midst was the unlucky guest who had asked for food. As they approached the chanting finally became audible, like a flock of angry birds. By the time the mob passed in front of our house it was deafening. "Bork bork bork!" they cried, swinging their cleavers and ladles wildly as they carried their victim off to his doom. We bolted our shutters as they reached the outskirts and prayed that the wind would pick up enough to drown out the screams.

:stare:

ty nesamdoom!

Mr. Sunshine

As a swede, if someone I am not intimatly familiar with asks "what's for dinner" I will just straight up murder them.

Heather Papps

hello friend

been aiming for a culture victory with sweden in civ, you just have to refuse trade with other nations then nuke all their farms.

xcheopis

google THIS posted:

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Still horrified by ketchup spaghetti

Mr. Sunshine

I'm sorry we can't afford that fancy mustard spaghetti you eat in the southern lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Somewhere, in some godforsaken land, someone is putting relish on pasta and calling it pesto because it's green.