Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wizard Magazine Issue #49 September 1995

Cover

Contents

Wizard News

Steady Costumer

Keeper Of The Knight

Creators In Motion

Casting Call

The Drawing Board

Cut & Print

Palmer's Picks

Manga Scene

Comic Watch

The Top 10

Wizard Profile

Random Ads

Full Issue on Archive.org
https://archive.org/details/wizard-magazine-049

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

15-year-old joe mad's bedroom/studio >>>>>>>>>

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Huh never knew about that Galactus vs. Darkseid crossover. That wasn't half bad!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Boy, those Batman Forever reactions have aged delightfully.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Darthemed posted:

Boy, those Batman Forever reactions have aged delightfully.

I can just feel Peter David's contempt seeping through the page like "I had to write the novelization of this thing and you can see they gave me jack poo poo to work with"

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

i'm 99.9% sure i entered that mk3 arcade contest. i entered a lot of wizard contests when i was 10/11. never won a god drat thing

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

I can just feel Peter David's contempt seeping through the page like "I had to write the novelization of this thing and you can see they gave me jack poo poo to work with"

Amused at Mark Waid's reaction, even if it was mostly "I had to give myself a lobotomy, but I really liked it!"

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

the thing is, batman forever is unironically the best batman movie

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

very risky blowjob posted:

the thing is, batman forever is unironically the best batman movie

No, Batman '66 is. Batman Forever has the best soundtrack though for sure.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

guess who just got like a loving crate of 90s wizard back issues delivered :corrupt:

edit: oh yes. oh HELL yes.

very risky blowjob fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 30, 2023

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

also lol that $4.99 was like, the price of an oversized issue of wizard in the 90s, and now it's just the price of an issue of batman or whatever

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

no one has yet provided a scan of wizard #50 for the internet archive, so here's the wizard news section from my own personal copy. scanning this thing is really annoying so other articles will follow in time. features are on paul smith, todd mcfarlane, and ben edlund. casting call is spawn. special anniversary articles include a bunch of wizard sucking its own dick.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/C810XC4

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

more from wizard #50:

Ben (The Tick) Edlund:

Casting Call 8: SPAWN

Paul Smith and why one of the seminal X-Men artists of the 80s never became the superstar he should have been:

Todd McFarlane getting Wizard to promote all of his various Spawn stuff in the guise of a "day in the life of Todd" feature:

very risky blowjob fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 10, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Al Lewis as the Violator. Wizard, c'mon now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

50 is up on Archive.org. Just have had a busy week and haven't had time to post much.

Since you posted a lot I'll just move on to 51 hopefully in the next day or so.

https://archive.org/details/wizard-magazine-050

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

X-O posted:

50 is up on Archive.org. Just have had a busy week and haven't had time to post much.

drat i didn't find it when i searched, i guess i just need glasses

edit: starting with #50, the price guide started including comic recommendations from wizard staffers on the verso pages. almost all marvel & dc superheroes, as you'd expect, including stuff as recent as cable #20 from 1994

very risky blowjob fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 10, 2023

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Again, thank you both for your work on this project!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

very risky blowjob posted:

hell yeah, #46 was my first-ever issue.

Me too, I'm pretty sure.

Loving this project, just because every now and then I remember something from Wizard and no amount of googling will lead me to it. Once they did a top 10 costumes list and even though I can remember probably 7 or 8 of them it bugs me I don't know the full list. Or there's a quote from some creator I really want to source properly.

If some good came out of Wizard it was that it shone a light on smaller , lesser known comics. I never would know stuff like Cerebus or Holy Crullers existed without them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I totally forgot about this thread, and it's a total trip down memory lane. I had my collection from about 97-01. I didn't even know Wizard went all the way to 2011.

Now it just makes me wonder about InQuest and it's cover art and articles it had.