Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

X-O posted:

Jesus Christ that anatomy. Can he even walk?

Apparently he can as long as he's wolverineing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hear he's one of the better guys at the thing he does

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mister Olympus posted:

also what's the deal with the completely made up person? what was going ON there

April Fool's issue. Even though it's dated May it came out in April. Notice the Top Heroes and Comics this month too. The April issues of Wizard often had stuff like that.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

X-O posted:

I'm not seeing Annette Bening as Tigra at all though. That one's a head scratcher. Not sure how the hell they landed on that.

redhead. and in early 1994 she was probably in the news because she was making "love affair" with her bf warren beatty. and that's about it. 1994 might have been too early for them casting angie everheart as every redhead but idk

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

also anyone who hasn't read the don simpson stuff in this issue's palmer's picks, stop hurting yourself and fix it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, THAT'S what manga is about!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

X-O posted:

Timothy Dalton as Iron Man in 1995 just feels right.

Yeah, that's not a bad choice really.

That said, I'm laughing at Fabio. In case you forgot it was the '90s.

Despite being an April Fool's thing, that was a much more interesting Top 10 Heroes & Villains than usual. Shocked there was no Pitt though (I'm being mean, but I am shocked/amused every time I see him on the regular list).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

X-O posted:

Timothy Dalton as Iron Man in 1995 just feels right.

I'm not seeing Annette Bening as Tigra at all though. That one's a head scratcher. Not sure how the hell they landed on that.

Tbf you probably wouldn't have seen her as Mar-Vell before, either

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

very risky blowjob posted:

also anyone who hasn't read the don simpson stuff in this issue's palmer's picks, stop hurting yourself and fix it

He’s putting out a Megaton Man collection soon which I cannot wait for.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

90s portrait photography just hit different man

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm glad to finally read about "mango"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

catlord posted:

Despite being an April Fool's thing, that was a much more interesting Top 10 Heroes & Villains than usual. Shocked there was no Pitt though (I'm being mean, but I am shocked/amused every time I see him on the regular list).

I believe that is the last one for well over a year. I don’t think it comes back until somewhere in the sixties.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wizard Magazine Issue #46 June 1995

Cover

Contents

Wizard News

In The Shadow of the Bat

The Chaos Theory

You Are What You Eat

Casting Call

The Drawing Board

Cut & Print

Manga Scene

Palmer's Picks

Comic Watch

The Top 10

Wizard Profile

Random Ads

Full Issue on Archive.org
https://archive.org/details/wizard-magazine-046

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

hell yeah, #46 was my first-ever issue. i got it just before flying out for a week-long family trip, so i think i read through that whole thing, price guide and all, roughly 100,000,000 times

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

btw frank miller was right

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

btw frank miller was right
A dangerous sentence without qualifiers

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Extremely funny the counter opinion was delivered by marvel comics president, as though they're equally biased.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Nessus posted:

A dangerous sentence without qualifiers

i endorse everything he's ever said or written, completely. now, i shall proceed to read his post-2001 work for the first time ever,

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Recommending Black Magic M-66. It's like US Manga come again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wasn't Gen 13's whole premise that they were teenagers? I know Hollywood doesn't like hiring actual teens to play teens due to child labor laws, but only Thiessen and Gosselaar were really close to that (both were 21 in 1995). Lauren Holly was 32! Also lol at them tacitly admitting that Tia Carrere is the only Asian woman they know.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wizard Magazine Issue #47 July 1995

Cover

Contents

Wizard News

Off The Drawing Board

Man of Today

Byte Me Fanboy

Casting Call

The Drawing Board

Cut & Print

Palmer's Picks

Manga Scene

Comic Watch

The Top 10

Wizard Profile

Random Ads

https://archive.org/details/wizard-magazine-047

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

Wasn't Gen 13's whole premise that they were teenagers? I know Hollywood doesn't like hiring actual teens to play teens due to child labor laws, but only Thiessen and Gosselaar were really close to that (both were 21 in 1995). Lauren Holly was 32! Also lol at them tacitly admitting that Tia Carrere is the only Asian woman they know.

The funny thing is Rainmaker is Native American so that's just hideously bad casting and shows they don't actually know any Indigenous actresses.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Ah yes the days of paying for your internet by the hour.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

they were right on the money in highlighting two great characters whose stories have stood the test of time: alan moore's miracleman reboot, and superman villain conduit

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Oh hey, first appearance of Broadway Comics. Tekno*Comix shows up in the news a lot more than I really expected.

The articles on using the internet to talk comics and how to import your anime must be utter nonsense to someone born after 2000.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

catlord posted:

Oh hey, first appearance of Broadway Comics. Tekno*Comix shows up in the news a lot more than I really expected.

pretty sure wizard and tekno had some kinda mutual back-scratching going on

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

also @x-o you missed superstar creator ryan ottley drawing THE MAXX in the fan art contest

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

X-O posted:

Wizard Magazine Issue #47 July 1995

Oh hey, this issue has probably the first published art from Ryan Ottley in the Drawing Board section.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

palmer's picks mainstay joe matt (peep show) just passed away :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wizard Magazine Issue #48 August 1995

Cover

Contents

Wizard News

You've Come A Long Way, Baby?

Learn From The Prose

Favorite Son

Casting Call

The Drawing Board

Cut & Print

Palmer's Picks

Manga Scene

Comic Watch

The Top 10

Wizard Profile

Random Ads

https://archive.org/details/wizard-magazine-048

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arsenio Hall as Sinestro. Okay.

Bruce Campbell would probably make a better Guy.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Why was Entity Comics selling packs with the (nostalgic for me, but) very bad game Corridor 7?

Edit: Somehow, despite looking right at the news as I wrote this, I wrote the wrong company.

catlord fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 23, 2023

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

What in Jack Kirby's name was a "lin-gen re-cover"?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

It was one of the variant covers of Gen13 #1. The one like a Victoria's Secret ad/catalog. They were all the Top Ten for issue 47.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

ManiacClown posted:

What in Jack Kirby's name was a "lin-gen re-cover"?

Gen13 #1 had 13 variant covers. Michael Lopez drew one that was a parody of a Victoria's Secret mail-order catalog, which was a thing that existed back in the 1990s. Said variant cover's nickname was the "Lin-Gen-rie" variant.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Gen13 #1 had 13 variant covers. Michael Lopez drew one that was a parody of a Victoria's Secret mail-order catalog, which was a thing that existed back in the 1990s. Said variant cover's nickname was the "Lin-Gen-rie" variant.

Fuckity ding dong. That's terrible even by my standards.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

ManiacClown posted:

Fuckity ding dong. That's terrible even by my standards.

I'd put it right up there with "fuckity ding dong" tbh

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I always remember the homage cover to the 1993 Janet Jackson Rolling Stone cover but it was Caitlin and Grunge. Every time we put it up on the back issue shelf it'd sell in a day at most. It would sell way over guide because Overstreet did not account for the tremendous buying power of horny.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Dawgstar posted:

I always remember the homage cover to the 1993 Janet Jackson Rolling Stone cover but it was Caitlin and Grunge. Every time we put it up on the back issue shelf it'd sell in a day at most. It would sell way over guide because Overstreet did not account for the tremendous buying power of horny.

Jason Pearson RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

it's been fun looking at what wizard highlighted in a given month, and then looking at all the poo poo that came out both big AND small in the month -- https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?minyrmo=199508&maxyrmo=199508 is august 1995