Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

blast0rama posted:

Was Ghost the only of the Comic’s Greatest World books that actually went anywhere?

(I remember being a kid and thinking X looked cool.)

Barb Wire got a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
It’s kind of amusing (but more annoying) how standoffish Wizard are about addressing the Shooter squeeze-out from Valiant. One softball question about it in the new-management interview with Valiant, a five-word sentence about it in the Defiant feature, and a vague allusion to the coup in a sidebar. Must have been worried about losing that fanart prize support.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Seeing praise for Jim Balent’s art is surreal, to say the least.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Dawgstar posted:

A shame there was never an article on his breakdown over being taken off Catwoman.
I’d like to hear more about this, if possible.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

X-O posted:

Wizard Magazine Issue #30 February 1994
Contents

Would you mind scanning the P. Bagge write-up on page 90? Curious to see what they had to say about it in '94.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Could you upload the Storm Warning and Cut & Print sections? I’m eager to see how Lightning Comics tried to spin their product as being something worth buying.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Well, that was a heck of a puff piece. I guess part of that was from having the interview done by a freelancer instead of a Wizard regular.

Interesting to learn that Peter David wrote Trancers 4 and 5. I knew he worked on the Oblivion movies, didn't realize his association with Full Moon lasted past that. Thanks for the scans!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Hope this thread hasn't died, I was loving the nostalgia trip.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

X-O posted:

Wizard Magazine Issue #36 August 1994
Wizard News

The thought of Harlan Ellison doing comics for Full Moon is giving me heart palpitations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Did some more moving complications come up? I was really enjoying this thread, it allows for a different way of experiencing the time warp factor than the read-throughs on Cartoonist Kayfabe.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Boy, there's a lot to unpack in that "What I'd like to try to do is make the book worth buying for the people who like Spawn," line from McFarlane on the Angela series.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Big brain ideas like that Hellina cover gimmick are what made Lightning Comics what it is today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Boy, those Batman Forever reactions have aged delightfully.