Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I had a subscription to Wizard for about five years, until I finished high school, so from around 2004-2009, and, hooboy, my memories of comics fandom are completely tied to the magazine. Such a special time to me personally. Some months when things were really rough for me it felt like I was just waiting for my new issue to Wizard to get me through things.

In the past couple years I’ve been filling in my collection. I’m trying to get a full run. Thankfully they’re not too hard to find, nor too expensive in old comic book stores. I probably have 100+ issues now, going from early double digits to the mid-2000s (when I originally started collecting).

They’re great little historical curiosities and they’re fascinating to read to see what the temperature of the industry was at the time. What stuck around, what didn’t, what became a much bigger deal than they forecasted, what fell off.

It’s a great magazine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I really quite like that Flash cover, actually

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
That’s the first issue I have in my collection!

And awesome ad for the great Heroescon! They haven’t changed the logo in 30 years!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
That’s awesome!!!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Todd Nuack!!!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
drat. Yeah I only know Pat through his work in Wizard, so I’ve basically been reading his words in one way or another for at least half of my life. That stinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The infamous “two moon” cover lol. In an issue or so you’ll get letters pointing it out and Wizard apologizing for it.