Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I'm interested to see when you get to the first one I ever got. I'm pretty sure it was in the teens. I still viscerally remember the incredibly 90's cover.

I could look it up, but where's the fun in that?

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

WildC.A.T.S.

Which doesn't narrow it down a lot because they were on half a dozen covers in the early 90's.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Splint Chesthair posted:

Insane to think that Wizard actually pre-dates Image Comics.

It's interesting to think of whether Image Comics would have succeeded without Wizard. Because however hard Wizard is shilling for Valiant in the previous write-ups, they raise the loving bar beyond the moon as soon as they see Image. I mean, yeah, it probably would have been fine because of the talent involved, but Wizard definitely had a hand in the hype. I remember them endlessly fawning over that one ultra-delayed Image comic (Wetworks?) for literal years before it came out.

Also, I forgot that Image was originally a Malibu imprint,

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Yay, that's the one.

And now I remember that I bought it specifically for the Batman: TAS article, because I was a much bigger cartoon nerd than comics fan.